Login

russian armor

USF 1v1 non doc arty

8 Sep 2018, 16:57 PM

Just wondering what there is to do vs a player that spams arty / pak40 in 1v1 if you dont go preist commander. Kinda boring having to use the same commander every game.
8 Sep 2018, 17:43 PM

You could use Mech Company for the M21 Mortar HT, or Tac Support if you're feeling cheeky for the Calliope.
8 Sep 2018, 18:11 PM
Donator 11

What kind of arty? If by arty you mean leig, then pack howitzer is a good ISG of your own. Heavy artillery is rarely seen in 1v1s. As for vehicle based artillery, the m8 scott is hugely underrated. It is really frustrating to play against thanks to its range and mobility.
8 Sep 2018, 19:50 PM

What kind of arty? If by arty you mean leig, then pack howitzer is a good ISG of your own. Heavy artillery is rarely seen in 1v1s. As for vehicle based artillery, the m8 scott is hugely underrated. It is really frustrating to play against thanks to its range and mobility.

not the leig, the leih big arty. the one they build at their base and spam your base with it
8 Sep 2018, 19:52 PM

You could use Mech Company for the M21 Mortar HT, or Tac Support if you're feeling cheeky for the Calliope.
good suggestions but good players usually have it mined + have a few raketens around it. doubt i could get close enough without losing it straight away and calliope is just trash if not used minimum range possible
8 Sep 2018, 19:54 PM

If you can get your major close enough, the vetted barrage might be able to kill his arty gun. It’s also just super useful in general as it’s only 60 muni and is nondoctrinal. I specified vetted because at like vet2 or something it drops some more shells for the same price. For pak spam (and general team weapon spam) the pack howitzer is super good, but then you need to go captain and have a lot of manpower. The m8 Scott can also break fortification walls but it costs fuel and isn’t quite as good as the pack howie IMO.

Edit: I know you wanted nondoc, but I know for a fact that the IR pathfinders’ barrage kills lefHs really easily.
8 Sep 2018, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

not the leig, the leih big arty. the one they build at their base and spam your base with it

If he builds lefh in a 1v1, then you pretty much just won. Your opponent won't have enough manpower for infantry so just steamroll him out of the map, you don't even have to kill that unit.

If you rally want to kill it though, then I have a few suggestions. First, pretty much all late game off map abilities kill it in one go. For usf that is for example pathfinder arty, mechanised arty and armour arty. Just a few munitions and it is as dead as it gets. If you want to take it down even cheaper, flank your opponent with a tank and take a few AP shots at it with attack order on the gun itself. The lefh can be destroyed without killing the crew first and it only takes a few shots to do that.

Btw. It is impossible to build that gun in base. It is like that so you can kill easier, especially as offmaps are banned in base sector as well.
8 Sep 2018, 20:40 PM

I'd always keep Infantry in my loadout to counter campers, even if you don't kill them, the Priest will force them to move and nothing (besides OKW trucks) can withstand it's vet1 aimed properly. You can always use just the Major Arty to hopefully delete an Artillery piece during an attack.
21 Sep 2018, 16:50 PM

M18 Scotts and the Majors Artillery barrage.

I find myself building 2-3 Scotts every game as USF now as their AI capabilities are just crazy! Then you can also try to apply some pressure...

Though your best bet it to cause a big distraction, a big enagement, micro the major away and around to get a barrage on the arty. Distracting your opponent for call in's is a big deal.

As stated earlier, if your opponent has arty, they'll be down like 15-20 population isn't it? So that's 1/5 of his army, static and in a predictable location.

If you're unable to overcome your opponent when they've done this because they're too strong otherwise then you'll just have to work on your strategy before the Le1fh hits the field.

In a 1v1 scenario, if your opponent can fight you off while also having that Arty up you've already lost because you haven't been applying enough pressure. People make arty when they feel comfortable it wont get attacked, don't make them comfortable, ever. Aggressive play is needed as USF because you cannot turtle, but Wehr/OKW can if they so choose.
21 Sep 2018, 17:54 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I've lost twice recently to the LeFH from OKW because of T4 and OKW blobs etc. Not fun to play against at all, because once that cost of the LeFH is returned in manpower bleed on your base, or hits your ambo, you basically just get bled to death. You really do need a commander to deal with it unfortunatly, as the major can probably decrew the LeFH but I'm unsure if it will kill it. If you screw up as well with an armor push and lose that advantage from fuel it's also super hard to come back from. Not to mention all the other cheese crap that comes in OKW fortifiactions like bunker spam and S-mine spam from volks.
21 Sep 2018, 17:59 PM

Farmoville approach Artyfest all day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight