Login

russian armor

OKW blob control

• This thread is locked
16 Sep 2018, 05:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

He did not flame first.

He created a long and constructive post as a response to your question, but you did not reply and continued to speak as if you did not absorb what he had said.

I fully understand that he could have been nicer. I fully understand that he was not being polite towards you. My words are aimed at everyone who is not being polite.
16 Sep 2018, 05:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 03:25 AMGenMe
...all I can think is you lot don't play 1v1...

Yup, I have no 1v1 experience at all :P
16 Sep 2018, 09:40 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Yup, I have no 1v1 experience at all :P

I guess and hope he meant FelixTHM ;)
17 Sep 2018, 00:37 AM

He did not flame first,

He created a long and constructive post as a response to your question, but you did not reply and continued to speak as if you did not absorb what he had said.

I fully understand that he could have been nicer. I fully understand that he was not being polite towards you. My words are aimed at everyone who is not being polite.
yeah he flamed first, you just decided to interpret the rest of it how you saw fit.
17 Sep 2018, 04:01 AM

The flaming only came out because of the extreme exasperation you caused. You repeatedly ignored the constructive feedback and strategic advice from multiple contributors of what top 100ish 1v1 play should look like. You brushed aside the help rendered in a dismissive and ungrateful manner.

We wasted our time detailing solutions and I even went so far as to break it down by minute mark of the game. Basically you're not asking for advice - you're just looking for people to say “OKW OP” and you got mad because you couldn't find that.
17 Sep 2018, 04:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2018, 00:37 AMGenMe
yeah he flamed first, you just decided to interpret the rest of it how you saw fit.

No, he did not.

How strange. I play only 1 v 1 auto as well, and OKW is the easiest matchup for me. I find Ost much harder to deal with.

The matchup tends to go like this:

OKW starts off either capping their own stuff or going for aggression. If they go for aggression Clown Car with Penals will wreck them hard. Raketen is the usual response, which is not only very RNG dependent but also reliant on player micro and positioning.

If you lose Clown Car early without inflicting much bleed and/or taking their cutoff, you're in trouble.

Luchs comes around 7 to 8 mins, Guards are the appropriate response and will bleed you, so you need to play defensively.

T70 comes out around 9 minutes. Shouldn't arrive later than 10. Use Penals to screen for raketens and T70 will do the rest. Some OKW players react by going Puma, which usually means no P4. That's perfect because OKW P4 is so good vs infantry, and Guards gain easy vet from the Puma, and you want 2 or 3 vetted Guards by the time Obers come out.

From 10 mins onwards the T70 micro is key. Guards will lose initially to the low cost Volks, but Guards have insane Vet bonuses and Volks have trash Vet, so using the T70 well will transition you into the period of Penals + Guards dominance.

10 mins to 20 mins is usually where I win the game as Soviets. Late game gets harder once he transitions into T4 and multiple Panzer IVs, and especially when his Obers start hitting vet 2 or 3. Not having sandbags or hmgs will often cause problems with mp bleed as well. Being able to

In the late game, defensive play with the T70 (which gives crazy vision) should allow you to grind out a victory. If the OKW player is stupid/noob enough to get a King Tiger, the Soviet player wins instantly.

I once had a 300++ VP to 50 VP advantage, with multiple max vet squads and two P4s at high vet, so I decided to taunt my opponent by dumping all my resources into a King Tiger. That allowed my opponent to instantly win the game because I no longer had resources in reserve, and effectively only had 74pop cap vs his 100 pop cap. His SU85 also instantly became Vet 3, and my Sturmpioneers no longer had time to repair the P4s.

Basically calling in a King Tiger is akin to losing two Panzer IVs at once, while blocking up more than a quarter of your pop cap. It's the ultimate "I lose" button.

This post is long, and it is constructive. You did not make a reply (as in quoting this post), and you continued to ignore feedback from other users such as ShadowLink and aerafield, who were also trying to provide constructive feedback.

Only after you continued to show signs of ignorance did ShadowLink and aerafield give up on making constructive responses and Felix decide to flame you. He expresses his opinions and thoughts quite well in the last post he wrote on this thread.

This thread has been locked. If you have any more grievances or if I have made any misunderstandings, please send me a PM.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★