Login

russian armor

4v4 advice

5 Sep 2018, 20:17 PM

My buddies and I have been playing coh and are relatively new to 4v4. It's quite hectic but also pretty interesting. Does anyone, by any chance, have advice for 4v4 axis team strategies, general guidelines, and perhaps quick build orders?

Suggestions for recent high-level 4v4 VODS or replays would be highly appreciated!
5 Sep 2018, 20:53 PM

Be flexible when you are in team games. Nothing is worse then a teammate who just sits around on a vp being useless when one side is struggling or the mid vp needs help. Similarly if something is locked down by the other team and you dont have the tools to dislodge them dont try to blunt force your way in. Rotate to other parts of the map and force those players to move or lose, then you can hit that position when its weaker.

Build orders in 4v4 are also much more flexible when compared to lower play count team games or 1v1. Generally there are areas of high importance where most of the fighting occurs which makes it easier for your teammate to cover you. Therefore support builds can be good, an example would be a 2 mg42 2 gren strat works very well with either an okw teammate or a gren spam teammate.

Certain maps should be played differently then the 2v2 each side. An example would be Lienne Forest where 2 city 1 mid 1 Forrest is a very good strat. That mid player should be very flexible in his ability to support both the Forrest and city when needed.

I dont have any replays but I was top 25 with OST and USF in 4v4. That was a couple months ago though. Im top 300 with all factions.
5 Sep 2018, 21:00 PM

Very good, thank you man! How about teching for a 4 player axis team? Is it wise for a couple to stay invested in tier 2, while others quickly tech to t3 and t4?

Also, commander recommendations for the wher?
5 Sep 2018, 21:18 PM

Very good, thank you man! How about teching for a 4 player axis team? Is it wise for a couple to stay invested in tier 2, while others quickly tech to t3 and t4?

Also, commander recommendations for the wher?

Its been a while since ive played so my commanders might be off but I'd recommend something like Lighting war/Elite Troops, Mobile Defense, Jager Infantry.

For OST id say a fast t2 is always good. Depending on how the match is going you can skip t2 for a fast p4. But if you fall behind in fuel just know that their will get LVs and tanks out fast so a t2 into paks is a good idea. OST t4 is a good pick up in 4v4 because the pwefer is great in 4v4. Similarly your teammates can pickup the slack if you rush it with their own vehicles. t2 into t4 is good so you still have anti vehicle similarly a fast t4 is good when using Ostruppen doctrine. Panthers get countered against TDs though.

OKW t1 or t2 is solely based on play style. Luchs comes out fast but has a smaller window in 4v4 but can be very effective. Similarly the flak ht if micro'ed well will scale great since its a counter to allied air superiority. Also Liegs are good for breaking up defenses.
5 Sep 2018, 21:22 PM

This helps a lot, thank you very much!
6 Sep 2018, 02:38 AM
Donator 11

For commanders you should always bring something to one-shot allied arty pieces. Spec Ops is the best way to spot them if since the spotting flares cannot be countered. This combined with Stuka Dive Bomb or any other reliable arty ability will help you keep the allies from setting up mass arty against you.

I also recommend bringing something to fight against emplacements/team weapon spam. For Wehr, Spearhead is one of the best imo. Festung Support and Luftwaffe Supply also achieve this fairly well. For OKW, usually the Stuka zu Fuss will be enough but if you prefer medical truck then Firestorm is a good option, especially on urban maps or urban sections of maps.

You're definitely free to experiment with any commander you wish so review the options you have and just do what seems like fun.
6 Sep 2018, 11:39 AM

thanks Noel. and arty has been giving us some issues so well make that adjustment.
6 Sep 2018, 14:01 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

My buddies and I have been playing coh and are relatively new to 4v4. It's quite hectic but also pretty interesting. Does anyone, by any chance, have advice for 4v4 axis team strategies, general guidelines, and perhaps quick build orders?

Suggestions for recent high-level 4v4 VODS or replays would be highly appreciated!

Hello,

1. 2 Wehrmacht and 2 OKW
2.Try if possible always to mix them ingame.
3. First AT should always come from OKW (the raktenwefer), later Wehrmacht can bring a pak 40 too
4. In SoE we made a rule, which works very well: When OKW goes medic into t4(the flak), Wehrmacht goes t2 for paks / 222/ flamerhft into t4 for brummbär / Panzerwerfer as well.
When OKW goes t3 ( mech for stuka) Wehrmacht goes t3 for stug and piv as well. So 4-4, and 3-3. Easy to remember :P

5. Commander:
Wehrmacht:
- Always Ele+ recon and stuakdive bomb
- Lightingwar ( both are ok, the one with tiger or the one with commando PiV)
OKW:
- Always Commandopanther
- Jadgttiger / Falli / firestorm / fortification doc.

About Vod/ replays. Well meta is changing because of patches. So it makes no really sense to watch old casts.
What you can do is:
Go ingame coh2, and then on specatate and then 4vs4 and sort for highest rank on top.
Maybe you see good games there to watch.

Best is to look in the 4vs4 random and premade ladder and try to remember the names from the top 10 teams :)
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/index/0/7/0
So it will be easier to find them ingame for watching :P

I found 1 replay, which is not soo old (1 week or something)

https://www.coh2.org/replay/82553/for-4vs4-advise-thread
6 Sep 2018, 16:45 PM

This is extremely helpful Panther, thank you! we usually go 4x werh or 3x wehr and 1x OKW at most
6 Sep 2018, 17:13 PM

This is extremely helpful Panther, thank you! we usually go 4x werh or 3x wehr and 1x OKW at most

Sturmpanther is a pro! To expand on Sturmpanthers point #2:

Having two OKW players lets you dominate the fuels early game. In 4v4 you always rush the fuel. Do not take any points on the way. Straight to the fuels. Except if your are on Steppes bottom or Redball fuel side. You can time it with your partner to take the points as you are moving over them in sequence. You may need to pause on a point for a second or two to get in sequence.
It is beneficial to have one OKW per fuel to have that early presence. So the middle players may need to play opposite sides if the game starts you with both OKW on one side. You want sturms and MGs on both sides.

MATCHUPS:
A) Soviet players will need to tech before coming to fight. You will already own everything by then.
B) USF initially will only have Rear Echelons against your sturms. You will own everything and be backed up by MGs before they have a strong infantry presence.
C) BRITs are tough for OKW since they have good infantry, will be there early, and will be followed by an MG. Some maps you can actually do better to push the mid and flank in behind the brit player if your first engagement is not going well.

OST PLAYER LOADOUT:
The tough choice in 2v2 and 4v4 is if you need to spam mortar or not. Allied players will assume you will have MGs and your sturms will have all the points held, so they may spam MGs and mortar to annihilate your army.

Or they may blob and run you over since your mortars will not do much to the moving mass. If it looks like your OKW team mate is smashing them early you may want more mobile infantry to continue the pressure and shove those allied bastards right back into their bases :p

I suggest making a build like MG and Gren. Then more grens or mortars depending on the early engagments.

For 1v1 and 3v3 it is best to spam infantry as the map size nullifys team weapon play. It is more of a blobfest. In a 3v3 whoever has the bigger blob wins. So join forces with your team mates and all attack one enemy at a time. He will be decimated, then its a 3v2. Rinse and repeat.
6 Sep 2018, 17:14 PM

Its always good to go 2-2 since OKW + OST synergize incredibly well.
6 Sep 2018, 17:18 PM

Oh and the most important point in 3v3 and 4v4: If you cant get the fuel, DO NOT keep smashing your head against their forces! Go middle. Holding two VPs wins the game, not losing all your units trying to get thru their lines. Once you are weakened they will move middle and flank your team mates. GG.
So do not be afraid to take and fortify the middle VP early. You will need fuel caches to guarantee you don't get out teched.

Push up as far as you can and while fighting lay mines everywhere so you do not get flanked when you move middle.
6 Sep 2018, 17:21 PM

Very interesting Rosbone. This type of build makes so much more sense. So in regards to OKW tech route, should one go inf w/ IG-18S pack arty and the halftrack.while other OKW player go luchs II and stukas? while both tech to tier 3? or should they each have both tier 2s before tier 3.
6 Sep 2018, 17:59 PM

Very interesting Rosbone. This type of build makes so much more sense. So in regards to OKW tech route, should one go inf w/ IG-18S pack arty and the halftrack.while other OKW player go luchs II and stukas? while both tech to tier 3? or should they each have both tier 2s before tier 3.

I am not a strategist. And Sturmpanther gave you the best generic builds probably. But it will depend on your skills and what enemy you are facing. And also at what time you are teching.

Teching early to T1 you can benefit from:
- Flak Halftrack - Strong early. Best anti-air late game behind your line. Needs a lot of micro.
- ISG to attack static objects or smoke MGs for flanking.
- IR halftrack to spot for AT weaponry and indirect fire mid to late game.
- The all important Healing.
- Save fuel so you can tech T3 sooner.

Teching late to T2 you get:
- P2 Luchs - Used to be meta, now just a shadow of its former self. Still OK if early.
- PUMA - Rarely seen in 4v4 unless AEC is wrecking you and you need better mobile AT. Or you plan to blob them.
- Stuka - Excellent indirect.
- Vehicle repair.
- Costs a lot of fuel so T3 comes later.

That is the domain where this game is really fun. Your build has to be fluid and counter what you will be facing. Otherwise it would be boring. Like 1v1 boring :P
6 Sep 2018, 18:47 PM

ya i like this line of thinking, panther have any adjustments?
6 Sep 2018, 20:26 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

ya i like this line of thinking, panther have any adjustments?

to what?
6 Sep 2018, 21:38 PM

oh I meant on Rosbones latest comment but I think it's pretty damn solid advice
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment