Login

russian armor

What if ???

17 Sep 2013, 20:28 PM
Donator 11

I know this FAR FAR away.... BUT

I'm curious to know everyone's opinion.

What if a future expansion would bring back the vCOH armies, Americans & Wehrmacht ?

What would be your reaction ?
17 Sep 2013, 20:55 PM

no need to remake Wehr IMO Ostheer would serve very well as western german army, too. As for Americans I'd sure like to see them in a desert scenario or in the Battle Of the Bulge.
17 Sep 2013, 20:58 PM
Donator 11

Battle Of the Bulge!!!

I miss paratroopers!
17 Sep 2013, 21:51 PM

Why can't we have Japan & Americans?! HUH?! i've been begging for Japan since COH1 launch.

There were also other axis countries in WW2? why no love for Italy? They would fit PERFECTLY in COH2's time frame.
However, Japan "Only" fought USA, and not Russians nor Brits; and Italy "ONLY" fought brits and not Russians and minimal USA. So i can understand having JAPAN vs RUSSIANS in COH2 in SEMOSIKY WINTER would make ZERO sense. ANNNDDD you can make the arguement that Japan & Italy mainly used/had Naval ships and not the amount of 'ground troops' the factions protrayed in all COHs.

Allies get, over the two games: USA, Brit, Now russians; Axis only got germans, germans and MORE germans!
17 Sep 2013, 22:06 PM

If they do introduce the Pacific Theater, what they could do is introduce an entirely separate matchup - that is, Russian vs. German and Japanese vs. American only. This would solve a lot of balance issues that arose when Opposing Fronts was released (those mixed teams).
17 Sep 2013, 22:53 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2013, 20:28 PMZ3r07
I know this FAR FAR away.... BUT

I'm curious to know everyone's opinion.

What if a future expansion would bring back the vCOH armies, Americans & Wehrmacht ?

What would be your reaction ?

Since they said probably no new factions cause its really hard to balance 4 of them...i would more enjoy european/normandy environment. I just cant enjoy eastern front environment/feeling as much as i did in coh1. normandy and coh really fits perfectly together imo.
17 Sep 2013, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2013, 21:51 PMKingAnj
Why can't we have Japan & Americans?! HUH?! i've been begging for Japan since COH1 launch.

There were also other axis countries in WW2? why no love for Italy? They would fit PERFECTLY in COH2's time frame.
However, Japan "Only" fought USA, and not Russians nor Brits; and Italy "ONLY" fought brits and not Russians and minimal USA. So i can understand having JAPAN vs RUSSIANS in COH2 in SEMOSIKY WINTER would make ZERO sense. ANNNDDD you can make the arguement that Japan & Italy mainly used/had Naval ships and not the amount of 'ground troops' the factions protrayed in all COHs.

Allies get, over the two games: USA, Brit, Now russians; Axis only got germans, germans and MORE germans!

They fought the brits and australians. I would love to see COH Pacific!
17 Sep 2013, 23:12 PM

I'd be disappointed. I want to see new factions. I've had 7 years of the old ones.
17 Sep 2013, 23:14 PM
Donator 11

I think 4 factions is maybe too much. Just add Americans!
17 Sep 2013, 23:38 PM

I would prefer having the current two factions balanced and capable of more different viable strategies to make the game more varied and enrich the gameplay experience.

Making the game varied by adding new factions is imho not a good idea. At least in the current state of the game (but I have the feeling this won`t change very soon).
17 Sep 2013, 23:48 PM

The japanese did have a few conflicts with the russians both before and by the end of WW2. Though they were small.

I would very much prefer to have the big three on both sides, then multiple german factions again. USA, Brits, USSR vs Germany, Japan, and Italy would be way more fun then everyone vs germany.
17 Sep 2013, 23:53 PM

For anyone curious the Japanese first faought Russia in 1939, at the Battles of Khalkin Gol and Lake Khasan, in Japanese occupied Manchuria - the Japanese got totally defeated. It was these battles that persuaded the Japanese to concentrate their efforts South towards Indochina (Vietnam), the Philippines and Hawaii. They next fought from August 1945 to September 1945 - some 1.5 million men invaded Manchuria and the Japanese Kurile islands and Sakhalin.
18 Sep 2013, 00:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2013, 21:51 PMKingAnj

Couldn't agree more with this post. All expansions for CoH1 only saw more German factions. Let's bring in Japan and Italy! Japan still had lots of infantry which can be used in this game with some cool mechanics. Imagine Banzai troops/ability. Sit in cover until the enemy gets close, use 'Banzai' and run up to the squat and melee them with bayonets. Instant kills but unit are vunerable to other firing units when using the ability. Also kamikaze aircraft call in.

They could do a lot with a Japanese faction. Not sure about anything unique with Italy though.
18 Sep 2013, 00:05 AM

Expansion for CoH2 to add new armies? yea you wish, what factions Axis would gain? Japs people would say, but did they fought on Eastern front? nope, Maybe Italians? sure thing but who would play with them when they were like 10 times worse equipped than red army or Ostheer? And most important question is, what faction would be added for soviets? maybe second Red army faction? yea i just dont see it. The only expansions CoH2 can provide are expanded capmaign, like they are now working on 1942 ToW so probably all this stuff will go thru to 1945.

CoH3 action i see on Pacific (Japs vs Mericans only and if they'd start thinking about CoH3 in next 10 years)
18 Sep 2013, 00:12 AM

It would be nice to have one ww2 game with out Americans in it, its so generic. There are plenty of AFVs and weapons the Soviets and Germans used in ww2 that are not in the game. They can create a new faction like they did with the PE in vcoh.
18 Sep 2013, 00:27 AM

Expansion for CoH2 to add new armies? yea you wish, what factions Axis would gain? Japs people would say, but did they fought on Eastern front? nope, Maybe Italians? sure thing but who would play with them when they were like 10 times worse equipped than red army or Ostheer? And most important question is, what faction would be added for soviets? maybe second Red army faction? yea i just dont see it. The only expansions CoH2 can provide are expanded capmaign, like they are now working on 1942 ToW so probably all this stuff will go thru to 1945.

CoH3 action i see on Pacific (Japs vs Mericans only and if they'd start thinking about CoH3 in next 10 years)

Why do they need to add a new 'soviet' faction? The Soviets fought for the allies. That includes America and the Commonwealth (like from CoH1)

Also as stated in this thread there were a few battle where Japan fought Russia. But the game certainly doesn't have to be 100% historically accurate. Hell, they aren't with the units so why do they have to be with battles? At the moment in custom games you can even go German Vs German or Soviet Vs Soviet (which makes no sense).
18 Sep 2013, 00:29 AM

Or get lendlease Sherman M4A3 to soviet army as a DLC commander?
18 Sep 2013, 00:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 00:29 AMUGBEAR
Or get lendlease Sherman M4A3 to soviet army as a DLC commander?

Better yet, get Ukrainian Insurgents as a German Commander XD.
18 Sep 2013, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 00:31 AMGTTV

Better yet, get Ukrainian Insurgents as a German Commander XD.

Lendlease is more common
18 Sep 2013, 01:33 AM

OMG....

I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR THE BEGINNING OF COH FOR IRAQ TO BE ADDED IN A FUTURE EXPANSION FOR COH!!!!! THEY WERE A AXIS POWER BACK THEN SO THEY MUST INCLUDE THEM IN TE NEXT COH EXPANSION!!!!!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight