Login

russian armor

What if ???

18 Sep 2013, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 00:27 AMGTTV

Why do they need to add a new 'soviet' faction? The Soviets fought for the allies. That includes America and the Commonwealth (like from CoH1)

Also as stated in this thread there were a few battle where Japan fought Russia. But the game certainly doesn't have to be 100% historically accurate. Hell, they aren't with the units so why do they have to be with battles? At the moment in custom games you can even go German Vs German or Soviet Vs Soviet (which makes no sense).

Soviets obviously fought for themselves, they never belong to Allies, they just received tons of supplies from them because it was in their business to support enemies of the 3rd Reich. Enemy of my enemy is my friend, that's how it worked.

Also i don't care that Japs fight in very few battles vs USSR in 1938 and 1939, these very not fully escalated conflict between those two factions. And in 1945 Japs army has been destroyed in 12 days
18 Sep 2013, 10:18 AM

I would like to see some action on the Western Front agian.

But Relic would need to rework some maps.
18 Sep 2013, 11:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

id love to see a cold war es game set in a world where America, Germany, and Soviets. (worked like sc factions basically.)

if they do add another faction i only see 2 choices for the easternfront
Finland and Romania there really aren't that many options.
18 Sep 2013, 11:13 AM
Benefactor 115

Partisans vs Fascists!
18 Sep 2013, 11:19 AM

I would be disappointed if there wasn´t a new German faction or at least a huge chunk of equipment added to the current Ostheer faction.

There´s just so much stuff that´s not included: Jagdpanzer IV (L48/L70), Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, Hetzer, Nashorn, StuH42, Marder I-III, Nebelwerfer, Fallschirmjäger, Hummel, Wespe, Pak37, Flak36, Wirbelwind, Möbelwagen, Puma, Tiger II and whatnot.
18 Sep 2013, 11:23 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 11:13 AMtuvok
Partisans vs Fascists!

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word "partisan".
18 Sep 2013, 11:38 AM

I think the middle-earth factions need to be added. Elves, dwarfs, giant spiders and all that good sh!t. They can fight both against soviets and nazis which is a plus.
18 Sep 2013, 13:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

GDI and Brotherhood of Nod? I mean, the first C&C didn't come out that long after WWII.
18 Sep 2013, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 11:04 AMWiFiDi
id love to see a cold war es game set in a world where America, Germany, and Soviets. (worked like sc factions basically.)

if they do add another faction i only see 2 choices for the easternfront
Finland and Romania there really aren't that many options.

ooo i like this....

Desert Campagin isn't awful either; that's new and you can implement "hot/sun tech" and "sand storms"... OOO SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?

then Brits and Italy make sense in COH2.
19 Sep 2013, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 11:13 AMtuvok
Partisans vs Fascists!

Do you mean like: National guard vs social democrats
or: Radical nationalism vs Liberal conservatives?

Either way it would be to boring
19 Sep 2013, 08:20 AM

Now that this game allready has the love of all russians, why not add a 1946 scenario: WW3, Allies versus Soviets.

No just kidding. I realise Relic would never even dare speak those words. Political correctness aka political corruption also eats into the gaming industry, unfortunately.

For the record, Paradox Interactive made such a version for their Hearts of Iron series, but ofc. that Company was swedish and could not be hit by the ban stick of some congressional committee.

As for the Pacific, I see the idea, but I can't see COH fit into it. Simply because the Pacific campaign was so much about navy and airforce and those arms do not really fit the concept of COH.

No, a desert campaign would be brilliant: UK and US versus Germany and Italy. I think desert maps would be very playable because they would allow for great mobility. Tanks would mean a lot under such circumstances, but it can be off set by gamemechanisms like Price (or my dreaded suggestion about introducing mechanical break-downs).
19 Sep 2013, 13:14 PM

As for the Pacific, I see the idea, but I can't see COH fit into it. Simply because the Pacific campaign was so much about navy and airforce and those arms do not really fit the concept of COH.

No, a desert campaign would be brilliant: UK and US versus Germany and Italy. I think desert maps would be very playable because they would allow for great mobility. Tanks would mean a lot under such circumstances, but it can be off set by gamemechanisms like Price (or my dreaded suggestion about introducing mechanical break-downs).

Actually, the Pacific Theater can be implemented solely based on the island battles rather than the actual naval warfare. Think CoD WaW but RTS form.

Besides, I know everyone is just dying to use Banzai charge as an ability. :p
I mean, we have Oorah and ram already so we're almost there.
19 Sep 2013, 13:47 PM

The japanese did fight the Soviet army on the asian mainland in the late 30ties and in Manchuria in 1945.

But if they were to be included I think a USMC vs Imperial Japan setup has tons of potential. Island battles, air and naval support etc. I Would love to play this.

They should latch onto "The Pacific" series really.
19 Sep 2013, 14:15 PM

Divine Wind - 200 Muni

CoH already has crashing planes that deal big damage, seems like it would be pretty easy to add.

Bad jokes aside, I'm not sure there's really a place for the Japanese in CoH. CoH has never had any marine units, which played a huge role on the Pacific Front. You could maybe do island maps and have offmaps be battleship barrages or something, but I don't think there's the same level of depth that existed in the Euro theatre.

The Italians relatively speaking were barely involved in WW2 and had very little impact, effectively failing at everything except invading the Balkans which weren't really even involved so... no.

19 Sep 2013, 14:34 PM

I believe relic already stated that this game is dedicated to the eastern front. The only real faction I can see to be added in the very far future is the yanks - battle for Berlin where soviets and allies completed the encirclement of the city. Other than that I dont really expect any more factions for this title to be honest.
19 Sep 2013, 14:51 PM

Maybe we will see a german faction (Waffen SS a.k.a PE) and some new soviet commanders (lend-lease, naval troops, defensive etc).

Desert Warfare is a good idea along with the cold war. (I already have plan for a cold war mod for COH 2 :D )
19 Sep 2013, 19:13 PM

Maybe we will see a german faction (Waffen SS a.k.a PE) and some new soviet commanders (lend-lease, naval troops, defensive etc).

Desert Warfare is a good idea along with the cold war. (I already have plan for a cold war mod for COH 2 :D )

YES!!! 100% AGREEENCE +100 IRAQ TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME!!!
19 Sep 2013, 19:53 PM

I doubt there will be a desert campaign expansion, because those factions can't fight alongside the ones we already have. I highly doubt a M3 Lee will do much against Tigers. Maybe TOW but defenetly not multiplayer factions.

They seem to have three choices. 1. Branch out into the Pacific with USA and Japan, 2. Battle of the bulge with USA and new german faction, or 3. Stay in the Eastern front with new USSR faction and new German faction.
19 Sep 2013, 20:25 PM

Extract all Guard unit from the original faction to a "Soviet Guard Army"

and once again,

German can have neither a PanzerJager force supported with volksturm, or a Panzer Unit, can field PZIV and Jager unit with large numbers?
19 Sep 2013, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 00:02 AMGTTV

Couldn't agree more with this post. All expansions for CoH1 only saw more German factions. Let's bring in Japan and Italy! Japan still had lots of infantry which can be used in this game with some cool mechanics. Imagine Banzai troops/ability. Sit in cover until the enemy gets close, use 'Banzai' and run up to the squat and melee them with bayonets. Instant kills but unit are vunerable to other firing units when using the ability. Also kamikaze aircraft call in.

They could do a lot with a Japanese faction. Not sure about anything unique with Italy though.

Italian Conscripts will surrender when not properly fed or payed.(ability) They refuse to be motivated when facing stronger armies and love to dance and get drunk so you need to micro them carefully !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★