Login

russian armor

Operation failed with error code 8:

24 Aug 2018, 07:30 AM

Operation failed with error code 8: unknown failure

I tried publishing my mod to workshop but I keep getting this error. Does anyone know how to fix this?
24 Aug 2018, 08:19 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Could you give us a little more information? Did this mod ever build successfully? If so, what did you change since then?
24 Aug 2018, 08:33 AM

Could you give us a little more information? Did this mod ever build successfully? If so, what did you change since then?

Yes, I've published the mod multiple times to the Workshop in the past. This is only happening recently.

Things I've changed since - Just revising all the content like units/abilities/buildings/commanders, etc. Just light changes like weapon_damage, squad_size, etc

EDIT: If all comes to worst, do you think it would be better if I try publishing to workshop a duplicated version? But how do I safely duplicate my mod, if it comes down to that?
24 Aug 2018, 17:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think it might be because you have some locked content in there. Some of it you can clone and build, but not publish. Have you tried modifying the store attribs at all? Maybe the racebps?

A tip for the future, BACKUP OFTEN, 1 time a week at least. I cant stress it enough, I know its annoying to do, but it will save your posterior in many cases.
25 Aug 2018, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2018, 17:22 PMLugie
I think it might be because you have some locked content in there. Some of it you can clone and build, but not publish. Have you tried modifying the store attribs at all? Maybe the racebps?

A tip for the future, BACKUP OFTEN, 1 time a week at least. I cant stress it enough, I know its annoying to do, but it will save your posterior in many cases.

I did some checking and can confirm that I did not modify anything too sensitive like you stated. I'm still checking around my mod currently, but I was hoping if you could provide me a list of things I should check?

Edit: I'm at a loss. I've checked round and round again, nothing in the Attrib tool seems out of place or unusual. I'm not sure what's happening. Please help, I'm desperate.
25 Aug 2018, 15:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, all I can say is to try to copy all your files to a new mod, and try to post that. If you get the same error its definitely something in your mod.
25 Aug 2018, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2018, 15:09 PMLugie
Well, all I can say is to try to copy all your files to a new mod, and try to post that. If you get the same error its definitely something in your mod.

It's fine.., I decided to start over. I was attempting to fix the issue the whole day when I made a stupid mistake and now the whole mod is broken.

Thanks for the help anyway.

EDIT: I've managed to salvage the situation! Look at my last reply for the update
25 Aug 2018, 21:21 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Yes, I've published the mod multiple times to the Workshop in the past. This is only happening recently.

Things I've changed since - Just revising all the content like units/abilities/buildings/commanders, etc. Just light changes like weapon_damage, squad_size, etc

So you are not releasing the mod but you are updating it, right?

EDIT: If all comes to worst, do you think it would be better if I try publishing to workshop a duplicated version? But how do I safely duplicate my mod, if it comes down to that?

Yea it is safe, just go to your steam workshop files and delete it. And then again open COH2 and publish it again.

26 Aug 2018, 07:37 AM

Good new everyone -

I've decided to get a grip and try to salvage most of the mod. So I followed the advices here and started copying all the files of my mod into a new mod folder. I found some really EMPTY folders while doing that and got rid of those. I also took the additional effort of fixing some filepath naming issues with Notepad++ (that could've been done in the Attrib editor but it's a pain to do all that right-click).

Then I tried building to the workshop and -

IT WORKED!

Thank you guys so much for helping! @Planet Smasher @Lugie @RagnarTheGamer
26 Aug 2018, 18:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ayyyy good job mate! Glad we could help.
11 Sep 2020, 02:26 AM

Sorry to necro this thread, but I was having this issue

edit: found this and it worked for future reference https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8tg9jb/failed_to_update_the_mod_in_workshop_error_code_8/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★