Login

russian armor

USF needs more AT options.

18 Aug 2018, 18:34 PM

I still cannot get over the hilarious reasoning for lowering the munitions cost of double schreks for panzergrens. They claimed it was because Wehrmacht didn't have enough AT options LMFAO! But anyway, the reality is USF is the one that doesn't have enough AT options largely due to having to choose between AT guns and MGs. Really the best thing to do here is to just get rid of the stupid side teching and get rid of the weapon rack upgrade entirely and just tie it LT and/or CPT upgrades.
18 Aug 2018, 19:52 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Was there even an arguement about lacking AT in the paragraph? Like I see: ostheer has plenty of AT options, schrecks OP, USF teching sucks, merge weapon racks with LT or CPT. Like there isn’t even an argument for AT in this thread :rofl:

Like make a suggestion for AT options instead of just complaining in a new thread every day. And by suggestions, I mean one where it actually has some remote balance to it instead of “give weapon rax for free so I can spam rifles and overrun my opponent with no tactical strategy”.
18 Aug 2018, 20:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2018, 18:34 PMCODGUY
I still cannot get over the hilarious reasoning for lowering the munitions cost of double schreks for panzergrens. They claimed it was because Wehrmacht didn't have enough AT options LMFAO! But anyway, the reality is USF is the one that doesn't have enough AT options largely due to having to choose between AT guns and MGs. Really the best thing to do here is to just get rid of the stupid side teching and get rid of the weapon rack upgrade entirely and just tie it LT and/or CPT upgrades.

You don't have to choose, you can go both. :-)
19 Aug 2018, 04:06 AM

The only thing I would like changed is allowing the 57 mm to be build from the HQ building if you go LT or Captain, similar to the MG-34 for OKW. Other than that, Weapon Racks should be side tech since 2x Bars and 2x Zooks would be to good if you didn't have to pay at all for the sidetech. Maybe tie the 50.Cal and 57mm Paradrop into one ability for the Airborne Doctrine so the commander doesn't become redundant.
19 Aug 2018, 04:33 AM

Was there even an arguement about lacking AT in the paragraph? Like I see: ostheer has plenty of AT options, schrecks OP, USF teching sucks, merge weapon racks with LT or CPT. Like there isn’t even an argument for AT in this thread :rofl:

Like make a suggestion for AT options instead of just complaining in a new thread every day. And by suggestions, I mean one where it actually has some remote balance to it instead of “give weapon rax for free so I can spam rifles and overrun my opponent with no tactical strategy”.

But i guess that spamming MGs and Bunkers as Wehrmacht is a tactical strategy :P
19 Aug 2018, 12:23 PM

But i guess that spamming MGs and Bunkers as Wehrmacht is a tactical strategy :P

MGs covering MGs are annoying. But imagine how many MGs you’ll get to play against if USF get free wep rax. Grens wouldn’t stand a chance.
19 Aug 2018, 13:53 PM

USF struggles with many things, but AT is not one of them.

Pack Howitzer, Mortar, Ambulance, M8 Scott. These are the only four units in the USF nondoctrinal lineup that can't fill an AT role.
  • Every USF infantry squad can be turned into an AT squad. REs are a very efficient option. If you use Riflemen you get an AT squad with snares.
  • The .50 cal has Vet 0 AP ammo.
  • The Utility Car drops teller mines and its crew has a bazooka.
  • The AAHT's gun is armor-piercing and it beats 222s in a 1v1.
  • The Captain can upgrade to a bazooka without the unlock.
  • The M1 AT gun is an AT gun.
  • The Stuart beats the Puma if it uses Shell Shock.
  • The Sherman is a medium tank.
  • The Jackson is one of the best tank destroyers in the game.
19 Aug 2018, 19:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2018, 13:53 PMLago

Pack Howitzer, Mortar, Ambulance, M8 Scott. These are the only four units in the USF nondoctrinal lineup that can't fill an AT role.
  • Every USF infantry squad can be turned into an AT squad. REs are a very efficient option. If you use Riflemen you get an AT squad with snares.

Actually the scotts not that bad with AT, you can kinda fight the 222 and the luchs with it.
19 Aug 2018, 23:02 PM

If the scotts are a decent AT option vet2 pack howies should count aswell.
19 Aug 2018, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2018, 13:53 PMLago

LOL if you think the AAHT is a good AT option and nothing you mentioned baseides the late game Jackson is really all that good at AT especially conpared to its Wehrmacht counterpart. You are really grasping at straws if you think the Stuart is any good vs a Puma or anything beyond a Luchs.
20 Aug 2018, 05:29 AM

MGs covering MGs are annoying. But imagine how many MGs you’ll get to play against if USF get free wep rax. Grens wouldn’t stand a chance.

Definitely free weapons racks are not a good idea, and shoud NOT be taken into account. There has to be another solution for the weapon racks. Maybe they can change it in a way that you get a free BAR or a Bazooka (randomly) on your squads by the time the upgrade is complete and then you have to retreat your squads and get the other weapons manually. And that free weapon will only apply to existing Rifle squads. The other squads that come into play later, will have to purchase them the same way as now.

As for the MG spam, maybe they should give USF some more tools, i don't know what exactly. There has to be something
20 Aug 2018, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2018, 23:37 PMCODGUY
LOL if you think the AAHT is a good AT option and nothing you mentioned baseides the late game Jackson is really all that good at AT especially conpared to its Wehrmacht counterpart. You are really grasping at straws if you think the Stuart is any good vs a Puma or anything beyond a Luchs.

The Stuart beats the Puma outright if it uses Shell Shock.

The AAHT beats the 222 outright.
20 Aug 2018, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 07:41 AMLago

The Stuart beats the Puma outright if it uses Shell Shock.

The AAHT beats the 222 outright.

The Puma beat the Stuart if it stay at range, no need for abilities. Or we could also say vet0 unupgunned gren beat vet3 dual BAR riflemen with riflenade.
20 Aug 2018, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 09:10 AMEsxile

The Puma beat the Stuart if it stay at range, no need for abilities. Or we could also say vet0 unupgunned gren beat vet3 dual BAR riflemen with riflenade.

Maybe if you’re rank 1k standing in yellow cover against grens. Otherwise maybe apply brain power and move. By this logic the Molotov is the best weapon in the game, because it does fantastic DoT and no one has ever considered moving out of the way

Definitely free weapons racks are not a good idea, and shoud NOT be taken into account. There has to be another solution for the weapon racks. Maybe they can change it in a way that you get a free BAR or a Bazooka (randomly) on your squads by the time the upgrade is complete and then you have to retreat your squads and get the other weapons manually. And that free weapon will only apply to existing Rifle squads. The other squads that come into play later, will have to purchase them the same way as now.

As for the MG spam, maybe they should give USF some more tools, i don't know what exactly. There has to be something

It’s pretty much fine as it is now. Better scaling infantry have their drawbacks. If you want them to be as efficient as less scaling infantry in the early game they need to lose the lategame power.

USF have the tools. It’s called the T0 mortar to deal with MGs. However they don’t deal enough to deal with MG spam. The real counter to that is a light.

As far as the free weapon goes: less RNG the better. And it sounds like you may get a bazooka on rifles there which isn’t optimal.

It’s more the free squads which hampers USF a lot. You don’t have the pop or manpower upkeep to maintain multiple rifles, free squads and elites. I’d rather play with things I need and not things I’m forced to use.
20 Aug 2018, 13:04 PM

Maybe if you’re rank 1k standing in yellow cover against grens. Otherwise maybe apply brain power and move. By this logic the Molotov is the best weapon in the game, because it does fantastic DoT and no one has ever considered moving out of the way

That's not my logic but it is fine that you find it as much as me quite stupid.
20 Aug 2018, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 09:10 AMEsxile

If you're playing against someone who refuses to dodge grenades, sure.
20 Aug 2018, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 14:32 PMLago

If you're playing against someone who refuses to dodge grenades, sure.

Then keep your puma at range and use smoke when needed.
20 Aug 2018, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 15:08 PMEsxile
Then keep your puma at range and use smoke when needed.

If the enemy Stuart is zoning your Puma out of a 40m radius around it then it's doing its job.
20 Aug 2018, 15:29 PM

I think he’s drinking and posting Lago. Should probably let him sober up.
20 Aug 2018, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2018, 15:23 PMLago

If the enemy Stuart is zoning your Puma out of a 40m radius around it then it's doing its job.

Yes and all of your hypothesis is subject to players skill and usage of two abilities. Also there are enough video of gameplay showing Puma is actually a counter for the Stuart and not the opposite, shell shock or not.
Now, the same way a 222 can catch off guard a M15 and kill it, a Stuart can do the same with a Puma which is good for the balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS