Login

russian armor

Okw Leig

12 Aug 2018, 14:09 PM

It´s not funny watching a Leig, get one shot by a lucky mortar hit, while it tickles the enemy´s 6 man mortars or it misses every incendiary shot in the feursturm commander.

But what could be done?
12 Aug 2018, 14:14 PM

u can always uninstall
12 Aug 2018, 15:26 PM

Feel free to try microing the LEIG. Since it outranges all allied mortars, you should never be barraged by one (except the 120mm but that's an expensive doctrine unit).

Feel free to blame the player, not the game.
12 Aug 2018, 16:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

it’s pretty mediocre. Just like most other indirect currently except for the HM38. I think a lot of the problems coming from it is it’s awful veterancy and is really mediocre for being locked behind a non-linear tech structure. Best comparison is the pak howitzer which is also behind a non-linear tech structure and uses a similar projectile. The pak howi hits like a truck when it hits at least. Other problems exist like 4 men squads vs explosives or defending it with things like MG34s, but those are for other threads probably.
12 Aug 2018, 17:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I really like the leig this patch, if you use actual barrages instead of autofire it is really accurate. Wish the veterancy wasn't so awful though.
12 Aug 2018, 18:00 PM

it’s pretty mediocre. Just like most other indirect currently except for the HM38. I think a lot of the problems coming from it is it’s awful veterancy and is really mediocre for being locked behind a non-linear tech structure. Best comparison is the pak howitzer which is also behind a non-linear tech structure and uses a similar projectile. The pak howi hits like a truck when it hits at least. Other problems exist like 4 men squads vs explosives or defending it with things like MG34s, but those are for other threads probably.

This descripes it pretty well.
12 Aug 2018, 18:03 PM

I think the ISG is in a decent spot now. IMO only two things could/should be buffed:
1. Setup / reaiming time. It's pretty poor at autofiring because it takes ages to turn around. This would also help in preservation because it's just too slow to pack up when it's being barraged or attacked. Especially since it can't retreat.

2. Veterancy requirements should be way lower. I don't think I've ever seen one past vet 2. And some better bonusses would be nice as well. The damage buff could be brought down to vet2.
13 Aug 2018, 00:30 AM

Is it just me, or does it occasionally take ages to fire its smoke barrage?

But yeah its veterancy is dumb, not only does it require more XP, the most recent mortar buffs caused other mortars to get a 20% scatter bonus at vet 3 where as the LEIG for some reason gets its at vet 5, making it unobtainable. Plus it now has 2-3 successive bonuses to smoke range which is ok, but it takes up a spot where something better should be.
13 Aug 2018, 07:18 AM

Permanently Banned
Try hotkeying it and using the barrage ability rather than just parking it next to your flak hq and forgetting about it.

Leig hardcounters Maxims and shorter range mortars fine, mortar pit or Bofors is just free xp. (Speaking of those complaining about shitty vet, mortar pit has trash vet in comparison to leig)
13 Aug 2018, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2018, 07:18 AMroll0
(Speaking of those complaining about shitty vet, mortar pit has trash vet in comparison to leig)

Not balancing something because something else is even worse would be a stupid approach to balancing.
Both should get fixed then.
13 Aug 2018, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
I can't think of a unit with worse veterancy in the entire game. Not only are the bonuses shit, but the xp requirements are through the roof. I'd say it's more likely your KT reaches vet5 than a ISG
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★