Login

russian armor

About USF early game, how about finally buffing RE a bit?

7 Aug 2018, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Dude, I remember reading your posts through which you regularly called out that the latest big balance patches is allied biased in every possible thread just a while back. Just do a quick lookup on your posts, search for 'biased;

Yet the results of recent patches are clear on the current meta: USF and UKF are just burdened in team-games, and they lack power in 1on1, and OST is in a relatively goodish position.

Um, I just said I DID call the patches a few mths ago allied biased (because they were). I didn't deny that. Euan accused me of calling the LATEST patch biased, which I did NOT say. I think the latest patch fixed many of the problems of the last few patches.
7 Aug 2018, 20:06 PM

Why should they? They are cheap, and have great utility. They don't need to be good in combat too.

What utility?

The only utility they have is mine sweeping and its hardly RETs exclusive.

They are not needed to build base, they are not needed to repair vehicles, sand castle rifle nades are nice exclusively in theory(which will viper will try to prove later on most likely), they do not perform in combat as well and the only unique active ability they have literally kills them on use.

They are good for carrying zooks and that's the extend of their utility and combat capability.
7 Aug 2018, 20:17 PM

Permanently Banned

What utility?

They are not needed to build base, they are not needed to repair vehicles, they do not perform in combat as well and the only unique active ability they have literally kills them on use.

Well, the unique thing about USF/UKF RE is that they are double upgradeable. While CE/pios get flamers, the RE can get double zooks/piats. AND STILL RETAIN THEIR GODDAMN SWEEPER, most importantly. And Rear Ech get 5man at vet3. A very durable AT unit. Free rifle grenades isn't bad either, dirt cheap TWP mines (less than a third of the price of pak TWP).

USF has the luxury to not need them for repairs or base building. Would you like Relic to take away these privileges, ie. free crew and 1-click teching?
7 Aug 2018, 20:22 PM

Prove that the patch where KT, fusiliers and bundle nades were nerfed is NOT allied biased.

Ahh but that's not what you had been saying. You did indeed say the last patch was allied biased (if you weren't banned from the official forums you could go over and look), and you suggested that Relic has always been leaning that way for as long as the game has run. You regularly attacked the balance team, who were involved in multiple patches, not just one.

And that patch had plenty of nerfs and buffs to both sides. Again if you weren't banned...

7 Aug 2018, 20:32 PM

Permanently Banned

Ahh but that's not what you had been saying. You did indeed say the last patch was allied biased (if you weren't banned from the official forums you could go over and look), and you suggested that Relic has always been leaning that way for as long as the game has run. You regularly attacked the balance team, who were involved in multiple patches, not just one.

And that patch had plenty of nerfs and buffs to both sides. Again if you weren't banned...

Not sure if I got banned because of the latest patch but I believe they said I was perma-banned cuz of all the temporary bans they already gave me. I think it was well worth getting banned. I felt my job was to regularly attack the bal team. They know I speak the truth and I was a thorn in their side and so they wanted to shut me up. Well guess what, I've done my job, and I think I've done a very good job in getting Ost an equal playing field finally. Anyways I recall, the most I've ever said about the latest patch was that I was skeptical about the panther exchanging armor for health but after testing it, I believed it was the right thing to do. I recall saying that Relic had left 1v1 Ostheer in the dust for 2 years, NOT since when the game was first released.
7 Aug 2018, 21:27 PM

Not sure if I got banned because of the latest patch but I believe they said I was perma-banned cuz of all the temporary bans they already gave me. I think it was well worth getting banned. I felt my job was to regularly attack the bal team. They know I speak the truth and I was a thorn in their side and so they wanted to shut me up. Well guess what, I've done my job, and I think I've done a very good job in getting Ost an equal playing field finally. Anyways I recall, the most I've ever said about the latest patch was that I was skeptical about the panther exchanging armor for health but after testing it, I believed it was the right thing to do. I recall saying that Relic had left 1v1 Ostheer in the dust for 2 years, NOT since when the game was first released.

Thx for single-handily saving OST faction man. Aren't you the dude who has had like five accounts in the official forums?
7 Aug 2018, 21:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Thx for single-handely saving OST faction man. U're the hero.
Aren't you the dude who has had like five accounts in the official forums?

Thanks man. I single-handedly keep the balance team in check and for my duty to das vaterland, I've received a Knight's Cross First Class from the entire CoH2 community. Ok, I know you're being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure without me, the state of this game would be far worse. Who knows, maybe without me, the bal team would have gone on to make sherman HE more "reliable," the last tank that needs a buff in the anti-inf department. Maybe the Brumbar and ostwind would be forever shit, or pgrens would have been forever shit, or ostruppen would receive no love, or defending the Stug for as long as I could (despite all allied players calling it to be nerfed to the ground) until the panther could actually shoulder some heavy duty anti-tank duties. Maybe, pios would be forever overpop-capped at 6 and paks would always be 9 while at the other ones are worth 7. Without me, maybe rifle smoke would still be, since almost all the mods on the official forums voted to keep it. Maybe the op comets would still be prowling the field along its little brother, cromwell, both still basking in their glorious 0.75 accuracy.

SO FOR THE TIME I'M HERE, BELIEVE ME, IF YOU LIE, EXAGGERATE, OR PRESENT YOURSELF AS UTTERLY MISINFORMED ABOUT THIS GAME, I WILL EXPOSE YOU WITHOUT MERCY. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY FACED MY WRATH, YOU'VE LEARNED TO FEAR ME AND KEPT YOUR LIES OFF THIS FORUM. I WILL NOT BEND. I WILL MAKE SURE THE TRUTH GETS THROUGH.

I have created more than one account on the official forums just to troll the moderators but I find that the stupidity on the official forums has become unbearable. People there claim to be experts but they think, for example, stug are op, and they claim to be expert stug handlers but claim that they cost 230/80! Unbelievable.
8 Aug 2018, 00:01 AM

I felt my job was to regularly attack the bal team. They know I speak the truth and I was a thorn in their side and so they wanted to shut me up. Well guess what, I've done my job, and I think I've done a very good job in getting Ost an equal playing field finally.

Yeah man. You did that. It wasn't the guys who spent days of time collectively sifting through the games code and modding tools. Not the guys who have spent so much time trying to understand the finer details of this game that the developers chose them to assist with patches. It wasn't those guys, nah, it was a dude in the forum complaining and insulting people like a petulant child.
8 Aug 2018, 00:17 AM

Buffing Volley Fire, what could go wrong?
8 Aug 2018, 00:26 AM

Buffing Volley Fire, what could go wrong?

What exactly could go wrong? I’m curious to hear :D
8 Aug 2018, 01:14 AM

What utility?

What are tank traps?

What is recrewing weapons?

What is Barbed Wire?

I'll forgive you as you don't play the game, but lets not forget about the above uses of RE.

They are not needed to build base, they are not needed to repair vehicles

So they aren't useful because USF has the great benefit of being able to repair tanks? That's putting the cart before the horse. FYI one can still use them to repair tanks (and weapons too) anyways.

sand castle rifle nades are nice exclusively in theory(which will viper will try to prove later on most likely)

In theory as you've never used them before?

They are good for carrying zooks and that's the extend of their utility and combat capability.

So yeah, apart from the bazookas, the minesweepers, the green cover (tank traps), the mines, the barbed wire, the fighting position (which doubles as a house clearer/denier in a pinch), weapon recrewing, doctrinal flamers and a cheap unit to cap, I agree they have little utility.
8 Aug 2018, 01:31 AM

What exactly could go wrong? I’m curious to hear :D

RE Spam into light vehicles forcing no way to faust with quick suppression by volley fire. Constant suppression will allow for easy bar domination with 5 man REs and ability to bypass faust and elite infantry with ease.

I would recommend increasing cost and improvising volley fire as a timed ability where it would cause suppression in about 7 seconds.
8 Aug 2018, 03:05 AM

RE Spam into light vehicles forcing no way to faust with quick suppression by volley fire. Constant suppression will allow for easy bar domination with 5 man REs and ability to bypass faust and elite infantry with ease.

I would recommend increasing cost and improvising volley fire as a timed ability where it would cause suppression in about 7 seconds.

Didn’t edit the Orignal Post but someone else also suggested the times suppression mechanic and I suggested the timer be based on what kind of cover the unit is in initially. Obviously the time to suppress would be arguable but the main point was also to make volley fire consistent.

I can see where you’re coming from with USF vehicles being fast. Does making volley fire’s negatives reverted or halved create such a big bonus for them that they’d be able to consistently suppress elite troops and even beat back Faust squads with brutal efficiency?

Would a cost increase be nessary for volley fire becoming a consistent ability? Something like +10 munition costs enough or would it be more? What would a reinforcement decrease by itself away from volley fire buff be plausible?

Please excuse all the questions, I’m merely asking since I lack understanding.
8 Aug 2018, 07:48 AM

What are tank traps?

When was last time you've seen one used as anything else then sandbag and the latter can be built by other engineers or mainline infantry already?

What is recrewing weapons?

Apparently no other unit in USF arsenal can do that huh?

What is Barbed Wire?

A thing that hardly counts as its neither unique nor unexpected.

I'll forgive you as you don't play the game, but lets not forget about the above uses of RE.

And I'm 100% positive sure that someone who does not even own the factions knows a whole lot about the state of its units to have guts to even write that sentence. Or is it just sheer ignorance on your part?

So they aren't useful because USF has the great benefit of being able to repair tanks? That's putting the cart before the horse. FYI one can still use them to repair tanks (and weapons too) anyways.

If you have ever played USF, you'd know that RETs are used for repair extremely rarely if ever.
They cap, carry zooks and sweep, that's literally all they can do.

In theory as you've never used them before?

Have you? Ofc you haven't. You don't even own USF.
If you had, you wouldn't be even trying to question "usefulness" of it.

So yeah, apart from the bazookas, the minesweepers, the green cover (tank traps), the mines, the barbed wire, the fighting position (which doubles as a house clearer/denier in a pinch), weapon recrewing, doctrinal flamers and a cheap unit to cap, I agree they have little utility.

All of that and more can be done more effectively and better by other engineers with the exception of soviet CEs which are even more worthless, but much more mandatory.
8 Aug 2018, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invised a couple posts.

Please keep it civilized and constructive.
8 Aug 2018, 16:48 PM

in vcoh rifleman had suppression ability and wasn't broken, just copy the mechanic over to RETs and be done with it.
8 Aug 2018, 17:17 PM

And I'm 100% positive sure that someone who does not even own the factions knows a whole lot about the state of its units to have guts to even write that sentence. Or is it just sheer ignorance on your part?

He does own the fraction(except if there is another player whith the name "insaneHoshi").
And btw. if I would be you I wouldn't blame others for beeing ignorant because they talk about stuff about which they (allegedly) have little knowledge about. The one who sits in the glass house shouldn't throw with stones.

However ... Back to the topic:

In my opinion Rear Echelons shouldn't get a buff. Rifles are fine enough compared to Axis main line infantry and a increased use of Volley fire would just result in Axis mainline infantry standing no chance at all in early game. Also I am against a decrease of the reinforcement cost because as you already stated out "mid to late game they are actually extremely useful, more so than other factions base engineer units later on".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★