Login

russian armor

What is the purpose of Obersoldaten?

• This thread is locked
3 Aug 2018, 23:18 PM

One would think this would be a doctrinal unit but its not so what is their purpose? To serve as a crutch in case you mess up and lose your vet 5 Volksgrens?
4 Aug 2018, 00:10 AM

It's an elite anti-infantry squad. You buy them when you need more anti-infantry DPS without spending fuel.

All there is to it.
4 Aug 2018, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 00:10 AMLago
It's an elite anti-infantry squad. You buy them when you need more anti-infantry DPS without spending fuel.

All there is to it.

Yes and they kick ass at it too. They can 1v1 an Allied HMG. OKW has the best infantry in the game hands down. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't give Obers 5 men.
4 Aug 2018, 04:21 AM

Its a CODGUY thread, he is trolling again.'

Think Ullumulu of the Allied Forces, lel
4 Aug 2018, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This doesn't belong in State Office, sorry.

CODGUY, if you'd like to ask questions in a constructive manner, go ahead and post in the State Office. Threads like this doesn't belong there.

Thank you for your cooperation.
4 Aug 2018, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 02:16 AMCODGUY
Yes and they kick ass at it too. They can 1v1 an Allied HMG. OKW has the best infantry in the game hands down. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't give Obers 5 men.

Then you do see the point in them and I don't know what this thread is for.
4 Aug 2018, 09:56 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 09:33 AMLago

Then you do see the point in them and I don't know what this thread is for.

I think he doesn't get the difference in design between factions. His mindset is like that: if soviet "elite" infantry is doctrinal, then all german "elite" infantry should be doctrinal as well. Of course, it doesn't work that way as different factions depend on doctrines in different ways.
4 Aug 2018, 11:34 AM

Think Ullumulu of the Allied Forces, lel

FeelsBadMan
4 Aug 2018, 11:40 AM

I would like to see ullumulu as Sov 1v1 CODGUY as OPW. See who's faction is more ez mode.
4 Aug 2018, 12:27 PM

I would like to see ullumulu as Sov 1v1 CODGUY as OPW. See who's faction is more ez mode.

That wouldn't be a fair test: if memory serves ullumulu's ranks are substantially stronger than CODGUY's.
4 Aug 2018, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 12:27 PMLago

That wouldn't be a fair test: if memory serves ullumulu's ranks are substantially stronger than CODGUY's.

Think so, Ullu at least can say he is top something something, I think Codguy's player card doesnt even load.

Prob one of those really bad players that whine.
4 Aug 2018, 15:33 PM

u all dont know the plauge thats AAA was, codguy and aulullum are pretty tame
4 Aug 2018, 15:48 PM

u all dont know the plauge thats AAA was, codguy and aulullum are pretty tame

Pfff, aaa was a worthless imitation of vet_lolcake.

In fact, no one before or after faction fanboied like vet did.
4 Aug 2018, 16:31 PM
Donator 11

Pfff, aaa was a worthless imitation of vet_lolcake.

In fact, no one before or after faction fanboied like vet did.

I think aaa was worse than vetlolcake, although they were closely delusional.

Btw. Read vetlolcakes first post on this forum, looks like in the end ballancing patches did everything he was asking for and people thought his post was so insane back then :rolleyes:

4 Aug 2018, 16:43 PM

I think aaa was worse than vetlolcake, although they were closely delusional.

Btw. Read vetlolcakes first post on this forum, looks like in the end ballancing patches did everything he was asking for and people thought his post was so insane back then :rolleyes:

At least some of his points are actuall even right now - like self-repair. IMHO it is really OP.
35 munis for full repair is too forgiving. Add this to already fulminating mix of T.-34/85 and Guards, and we got the armored steamroller, just Werhaboo's liked it
4 Aug 2018, 17:18 PM
Donator 11

At least some of his points are actuall even right now - like self-repair. IMHO it is really OP.
35 munis for full repair is too forgiving. Add this to already fulminating mix of T.-34/85 and Guards, and we got the armored steamroller, just Werhaboo's liked it

Then why is litearally nobody using that ability :D it is one of the worst in the game. Every tank that self repairs divides your munition income by 2 and additionally you can neither move the unit nor stop the ability. What is more, the repair doesn't happen when the tank is shot at, even by small arms fire, but it will still take the munitions, you still cant disable it and your tank won't shoot until it is fully repaired. Horrible. It is pretty much a cool, non meta way to lose a tank.
4 Aug 2018, 19:08 PM

They can 1v1 an Allied HMG

At first I thought it's sarcasm about LMG tommies but then...
5 Aug 2018, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 12:27 PMLago

Isnt he like in the 2k with his most played faction? If so how much worse can Codguy be?
5 Aug 2018, 07:22 AM

Think so, Ullu at least can say he is top something something, I think Codguy's player card doesnt even load.

Prob one of those really bad players that whine.

Well he played Axis right? Probably Wehrmacht? How hard can it be to rank up with that faction...A level 15 Wehrmacht player is probably equivalent to a level 8 Allied player.
5 Aug 2018, 08:04 AM

And could you show a replay of you beating a Level 15 OST with Allies?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★