Login

russian armor

Is brummbar too good?

25 Jul 2018, 14:58 PM

If I don't urgently need tanks, I'll skip tier 3 and go straight to T4 for Panther + Brummbar combo. I honestly feel bad for my opponent when the brummbar just insta wipes a squad. On top of that, its armor is insanely good for 150 fuel and then it gets skirts at vet 2. The Bunker Busting barrage also always hits dead center of the circle, so there's that. Thoughts?\

I didn't put this in the balance section because I'm not sure if it should be changed.
25 Jul 2018, 16:02 PM

It was already "nerfed" in the last balance patch. It actually doesn´t regularly wipe full health squads anymore. It still basically guarantees that your squad needs to retreat ASAP after getting hit because it will be low HP and the second shot or infantry fire will wipe it if you don´t.

It´s just Ostheer things though, if Brummbär was a UKF tank it would have been nerfed into the ground long ago. It´s a bit comical how good/cheap Brummbär is when you actually compare it to Allied AI tanks.
25 Jul 2018, 16:42 PM

25 Jul 2018, 16:52 PM

try going t4 in 1v1 or 2v2

good luck

Going T4 in 2v2 is meta... Not sure what you are talking about?
25 Jul 2018, 17:05 PM

Going T4 in 2v2 is meta... Not sure what you are talking about?

brummbär/panther isn't a easywin, you trade at for ai, but facing 2 TDs+
ye, brummbär does dmg, but his grenade has a long flight time - when you stay on distance and stay mobile you can easy dodge every single shell also when he micro his brumm well
25 Jul 2018, 19:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I’d say it’s probably fine for it’s cost. Not overly expensive but not overly cheap. It has minimal AT and can be forced away by hard AT counters.
26 Jul 2018, 09:39 AM

I like it. You guys barely mention mines around T4 units.
28 Jul 2018, 00:34 AM

Ost is the only faction that's allowed to have a functional machine gun, might as well be the only one allowed to have a non-doc functional AI tank.
28 Jul 2018, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2018, 00:34 AMCODGUY
Ost is the only faction that's allowed to have a functional machine gun, might as well be the only one allowed to have a non-doc functional AI tank.

Centaur, AI Sherman, M8A1, T70, T34(apparently generalist but wrecks infantry and mostly trash against armor instead of being fine at both).
28 Jul 2018, 05:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2018, 03:31 AMFarlon

Centaur, AI Sherman, M8A1, T70, T34(apparently generalist but wrecks infantry and mostly trash against armor instead of being fine at both).

All of which are squishy tanks and get easily blown to hell in short order by the multitude of AT available to OST. I'd have given you some credit if you'd have mentioned the Churchill.
29 Jul 2018, 21:50 PM

And brumbar is also the only one without a turret(i prefer KV2 but its doctrinal). so you have to go frontaly you can't smoke the ATG then rush past the ATG and still rekt it with your amazing slow aiming firing slow projectile gunfu, and its T4

for me you lost when you said the centaur isnt hard to kill... it arrive very early and hit AI like a truck squad wiping everything that doesnt press T the instant it enter its infatery squad vision, and it even have good armor. its big problem is its slow.
29 Jul 2018, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2018, 09:39 AMSkaldy
I like it. You guys barely mention mines around T4 units.

By t4 units, you mean the panther? When was the last time you saw a brumbarr dive after something? It's not exactly a chaser...

Not to mention, it's a lot easier for Ost to talk about planting mines to deal with late game vehicles. You can plant one at 5 minutes into the game and it might actually last until t4 units hit the field. Everyone else's mines have been popped by infantry by then and need to be replaced
30 Jul 2018, 00:11 AM

And brumbar is also the only one without a turret(i prefer KV2 but its doctrinal). so you have to go frontaly you can't smoke the ATG then rush past the ATG and still rekt it with your amazing slow aiming firing slow projectile gunfu, and its T4

for me you lost when you said the centaur isnt hard to kill... it arrive very early and hit AI like a truck squad wiping everything that doesnt press T the instant it enter its infatery squad vision, and it even have good armor. its big problem is its slow.

brummbar is almost immune to allied ATGs though, you can rush, fire and reverse with no problems.
1 Aug 2018, 00:24 AM

Allied ATG can pen them reliably enough as long as you don't expect 1ATG to stop it.

last time i played vs a german spawning a brumbar as i was playing soviet i kille dit with 2Zis +uraaa+1at nade( i lost the conscript). it can take a beating and bounce a bit but its far from shell proof
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★