Login

russian armor

T70 Guards Counter

22 Jul 2018, 01:42 AM

How do you counter Guards as Wehr? They seem to trade pretty well with grens and pgrens + they can counter a P4 with any form of hard AT. What do you do against 2 guards + ATG + T70?
22 Jul 2018, 07:00 AM

MG-42 + shrek Pzgrens + some flanking.

If opponent abuses "Hit the Dirt", then you can just run over his squads with any veichle - guards still need some time to roll over and aim their hand-cannons, so your 222 should flank them at ease. Or, you can add mortar to mix.

And never forget about mines. Werhmacht AI-minefields might be easy to spot, but they act like good area-denial for some time. I myself usually slap single AT-mine in the middle of it - just in case of any tech trying to detonate-defuse minefield.
15 Aug 2018, 19:44 PM

Double Pak guns do well. The t70 will force itself in, and instead of being hit once and retreating, and surviving the 2nd shot. You'll just end it.

I have a hard time fighting OST when they double Pak me. Have an mg nearby and the guards rush you but get pinned, forced to go back.

Pgrenz w/ shrecks in my opinion will get torn up. The T-70 can keep max distance, snipe grens and the Guards will mow them down w/ the DP light machine gun... But a Pak will ensure the death of the t70 and then he has nothing to really lean on and you can overwhelm. Plus 2 paks is jsut always good. You'll have 2 paks in every game if you're a competent OST player because they're just so good.
15 Aug 2018, 20:45 PM

15 Aug 2018, 22:33 PM

Flamer HT is great against Guardsmen as long as you kite them and bleed them from range. I typically rush for a fast Panzer IV after that and go for either a 2nd MG42 or a squad of P-Grens to help defend the Pak gun from infantry assaults. The key is to apply pressure before the T-70 hits the field and then play defensively until you get a medium tank out to support. Soviet's really struggle to hold off light vehicles if they don't go for Guards and a Zis-Gun so keep the pressure on and repeatedly attack the cutoff if you can. Once I get a Panzer IV, I often either go for more mediums or rush Tier 4 to go for a Panther to deal with any mediums your opponent will get to try and counter the P4. If things get rough, Puma is always a reliable way to defeat the T-70 if you had a rough early game. 2 Pak's is definitely recommended though if you rush Tier 4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★