Login

russian armor

A question about Turrets

12 Jul 2018, 17:19 PM

I'm working on a mod that includes an emplaced quad .50, and a Kangaroo carrier. Right now, I have to use the flak emplacement and the Priest as stand-ins.

So, my questions- is it possible to use the turret from the M5 halftrack as an emplacement? and would it be possible to either remove a Sherman's turret or the Priest's gun?
12 Jul 2018, 17:34 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's not possible to edit the models in a tuning pack, but I know that somebody managed to make these units while using a skinpack that makes some parts invisible.
12 Jul 2018, 17:37 PM

Thank you for the fast feedback!

That's about what I expected. Shame, considering I chose those units because of the mostly-already-existing models. The skinpack sounds like a pretty clever workaround, though!
12 Jul 2018, 22:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The skinpack unfortunately cannot be included with the tuningpack. You have to make separate mods for each. Also, here's another drawback to the skinpack idea; you cannot have both a Sherman and a Kangaroo Carrier, because you are repurposing the Sherman skin to mold a Kangaroo Carrier. Additionally, the troops mounted inside will have the wrong animations because the markers for the troops to "stand" on are on top of the engine of the tank, not inside the tank.

Generally speaking, there is no perfect (or even reasonably close to perfect) way of adding in a model that does not already exist in the game.
13 Jul 2018, 00:39 AM

Thank you for the info!

I guess I'll just put up with how they look- I've been doing that anyway without skin editing haha
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★