Login

russian armor

Light Vehicle Meta needs to Stop

11 Jul 2018, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2018, 10:03 AMSeroth

Well the Stuart abilities cost muni and to do the engine shot you have to go pointblank range, which is not possible most of the times. Also it pretty much sucks as AI vehicle compared to luchs/t70, and another thing is that it is slower than those two. People now are forced to go for Stuart, because they need something to hold off all the LVs coming at you.

You mention Puma, which if played correctly can kill Sherman or T34/76. So you don't need to tech up and just wait for your Command Panther lategame.

it would op if it wouldne cost anything...this isnt an arguement.
why it should possible to dmg engine with stuart? it is really fast...and can flank easily..it is really usefull in midgame.

USF dont really have problem with LV....because of the cheapest AT unit in game: double zook pios.

puma is a victime for well handeled stuart...because stuart win with the stun abilty.
11 Jul 2018, 14:16 PM

why it should possible to dmg engine with stuart? it is really fast...and can flank easily..it is really usefull in midgame.

USF dont really have problem with LV....because of the cheapest AT unit in game: double zook pios.

puma is a victime for well handeled stuart...because stuart win with the stun abilty.

Puma win the the range and it doesn't cost any munition.
11 Jul 2018, 16:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Original poster is likely just some scrub that's complaining for his own lack of skill. If you want the lights to stop BUY AN AT GUN. Only UKF players think its a necessary unit. But if Ost get more than one 222 you can't "stall" it with at nades or a single zook. SU/USF players are too greedy and want to spam infantry hard (so they can win in 10 mins) that they think it is beneath them to sink mp into an at gun (something that axis always does). I'm sick of all the people whining about 222s. Do allied players not know how to counter a light vehicle? LOL. Everyone allied biased player from Jae for Jett (not saying Jae is biased) to the scrub here complains about it. BTW there was always a light vehicle meta so why would Relic suddenly "stop" light vehicles?
12 Jul 2018, 05:23 AM

Good discussion going on about how lights are too defined in the meta. I feel that lights should get a cost decrease in exchange for lethality decrease so infantry aren't bullied to death by LV and cost you the game if you don't get your own LV. I much prefer the infantry play being the main stay instead of becoming supporting units to the LV.

AT guns DO NOT WORK against well-microed lights. Look at the tournament for an example that LV survives well into the late game even bringing vet2/3 with them. ATG's are a waste of MP against T70/AAHT/FlameHT who can just run away to plink at your lone infantry at the other side of the map.

I'm not allied biased, I do play more allies than axis but I don't take any sides when I say ALL lights should be nerfed.

Have fun seeing your ATG getting suppressed/flamed/circled around by lights its designed to counter. Not to mention LV spam into callins cancer meta since 2015 that we have now.
12 Jul 2018, 23:15 PM

Permanently Banned
ATG's are a waste of MP against T70/AAHT/FlameHT who can just run away to plink at your lone infantry at the other side of the map.

Have fun seeing your ATG getting suppressed/flamed/circled around by lights its designed to counter. Not to mention LV spam into callins cancer meta since 2015 that we have now.

This statement again confirms that you ARE a scrub as I correctly predicted. I said AT guns are good vs 222 spam. Ofc every vehicles can attempt to circle strafe an at gun, only because you allow it to due to not supporting it with a snare unit. Yes, it means conceding some map control if you choose a less mobile AT counter to enemy light vehicles. However, if you manage to knock out the lights in decent time, fuel initiative will be on your side, since you didn't delay your tech for mediums by getting a light vehicle.

I agree that AT guns are not good vs flameHT, however they are an perfect counter to the AAHT both USF and OKW as both need a brief setup time and both die to 2 shots. Hence their lower mobility and low health are great for AT guns. Countering a T70 is up to the axis player. It's harder to kill than the aaht due to more speed and health. On open maps, its still good to get the at gun, urban maps favor schrecks.

All light vehicles have ALREADY been nerfed (222 was OVERnerfed hence the partial buff back). Some have been nerfed several times like the luchs and flameHT.
12 Jul 2018, 23:52 PM

only LV that isn't bullshit is the stuart, but it's so bad that is not even worth the investment
13 Jul 2018, 08:14 AM

This statement again confirms that you ARE a scrub as I correctly predicted. I said AT guns are good vs 222 spam. Ofc every vehicles can attempt to circle strafe an at gun, only because you allow it to due to not supporting it with a snare unit.

I suppose you've never experienced what a 222 spam does to brits.
No, AEC is not helpful, because just 2 222s will walk over it.
You don't have a snare and you can't afford more then 1 ATG.
13 Jul 2018, 08:52 AM

Problem is that anything works against Brits in the current state of the game. Even OST engineer spam :/
13 Jul 2018, 14:31 PM

Permanently Banned
-
13 Jul 2018, 14:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 08:14 AMKatitof

I suppose you've never experienced what a 222 spam does to brits.
No, AEC is not helpful, because just 2 222s will walk over it.
You don't have a snare and you can't afford more then 1 ATG.

AEC is helpful, you just can't go for the kill if there is more than one 222. You can get an AEC at the same time the 1st 222 arrives. So if you do see the 222 immediately, you can try to go for the kill. That basically neutralizes 222 spam since you need the numbers vs AEC and if you quickly kill the first one....

There's always spec weapons doc if you need it. Yes some players may be bedridden to one doctrine but Ost was crutching on puma when stuart/t70 was op. Overall the 222 is not a problem for allies, just a slight problem for the Brits.
13 Jul 2018, 16:44 PM

AEC is helpful, you just can't go for the kill if there is more than one 222. You can get an AEC at the same time the 1st 222 arrives. So if you do see the 222 immediately, you can try to go for the kill. That basically neutralizes 222 spam since you need the numbers vs AEC and if you quickly kill the first one....

Basically what not to do, haven't heard about pfaust?
13 Jul 2018, 19:05 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 16:44 PMEsxile

Basically what not to do, haven't heard about pfaust?

That's why I said you can "try" to go for the kill. Even then many times the faust arrives too late. The AEC only needs 3 shots and even after fausting the AEC may still have to range to connect the killing shot on the 222. The AEC is just as fast as the 222 so there is NO escaping the AEC. The ONLY way to escape is if the faust arrives before the 2nd shot of the AEC.
13 Jul 2018, 21:01 PM

That's why I said you can "try" to go for the kill. Even then many times the faust arrives too late. The AEC only needs 3 shots and even after fausting the AEC may still have to range to connect the killing shot on the 222. The AEC is just as fast as the 222 so there is NO escaping the AEC. The ONLY way to escape is if the faust arrives before the 2nd shot of the AEC.

Losing an AEC is much worst than a 222. Once fausted there is nothing to save you from another pfaust or second 222 coming to finish the job.
And since brit isn't exactly the faction that can hold more fuel than his opponent, you need your AEC to stop gap the Pz4 that is coming to butthurt you, even after two 222.
13 Jul 2018, 23:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 21:01 PMEsxile

Losing an AEC is much worst than a 222. Once fausted there is nothing to save you from another pfaust or second 222 coming to finish the job.
And since brit isn't exactly the faction that can hold more fuel than his opponent, you need your AEC to stop gap the Pz4 that is coming to butthurt you, even after two 222.

And tell me how you can lose an AEC to one or two fausts. The first 222 and AEC both take exactly 100f to get (tech and unit cost). Tell me how you can't back away your damaged AEC into your base from another 222 when the Ost player first needs to wait for teh fuel and mp for another 222 and then wait for the 222 to build. And the first 222 is either dead or severely damaged hence it'll will take a long time to repair. Same goes for paks, and schreck pgrens. There is a very slim chance that the Ost player can afford 2 units from T2 the moment your AEC hits the field. I fail to see how vulnerable Brit are to 222s. They are certainly worse off than the other allied factions but you still have a respectable # of tools: AEC, At gun and doctrinal AT sections, at gun + mines, piats, etc.
14 Jul 2018, 13:17 PM

And tell me how you can lose an AEC to one or two fausts. The first 222 and AEC both take exactly 100f to get (tech and unit cost). Tell me how you can't back away your damaged AEC into your base from another 222 when the Ost player first needs to wait for teh fuel and mp for another 222 and then wait for the 222 to build. And the first 222 is either dead or severely damaged hence it'll will take a long time to repair. Same goes for paks, and schreck pgrens. There is a very slim chance that the Ost player can afford 2 units from T2 the moment your AEC hits the field. I fail to see how vulnerable Brit are to 222s. They are certainly worse off than the other allied factions but you still have a respectable # of tools: AEC, At gun and doctrinal AT sections, at gun + mines, piats, etc.

two fausts + first 222 damage to your AEC means AEC dead. Of course if you're playing vs a rank 2k you're chance to get back you AEC alive are great, but I have see enough of my mates playing UKF and diving with an AEC to kill a 222 to tell them, you and anybody: Don't fucking dive with your AEC to kill a 222, you have more need of your AEC than your opponent his 222.

Now, I don't care at all of what you do with your AEC, in fact my comment isn't for you but for the audience, people who may think what you say is a good idea. And they can try it if they want but if they fail, they'll also know that someone said this is a really bad idea.
14 Jul 2018, 14:34 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2018, 13:17 PMEsxile

two fausts + first 222 damage to your AEC means AEC dead. Of course if you're playing vs a rank 2k you're chance to get back you AEC alive are great, but I have see enough of my mates playing UKF and diving with an AEC to kill a 222 to tell them, you and anybody: Don't fucking dive with your AEC to kill a 222, you have more need of your AEC than your opponent his 222.

"First 222 damage to AEC?" You're not supposed to reveal the AEC to the enemy until you know where the 222 is. So you don't shoot at infantry with it when it arrives on the field. So it's your fault if a 222 gets the first shots off on the AEC. Also if the Ost player was able to get not one but TWO fausts off, it means that he had ample support for the 222, and you have none for the AEC. Again, your fault. When I say you can try to dive the 222 it means that you at least "think" you have a rough idea where the grens are and that the 222 has overextended on the opposite side of the map hence the 222 has the time to get off 2-3 shots before a faust strikes. I would never dive an AEC into a 222 if the Ost player's main force is supporting the 222. You can still get off some max range snipes with the AEC and since the AEC easily outDPS the 222, the 222 will have a much longer downtime waiting to be fully repaired.
14 Jul 2018, 15:16 PM

I do agree light vehicles come out a bit too quickly, however pure infantry and support weapon engagements can be cancer without light vehicles. Take OKW for example vs maxim spam/.50 cal without light vehicle support.
14 Jul 2018, 17:11 PM

Can't we limit machine guns/mortar/paks to two pieces at a time per player? Only if you lose one will a new slot become free, except for captured support weapons. Would it destroy the game that much? If it were designed like this from the beginning, nobody would complain afterwards, it is quite realistic that an army does not consist only of MGs. Of course, the possibilities would be slightly limited, but balancing would be much easier. I just had an idea.

We move the light vehicles a bit backwards and the UKF get snares.
14 Jul 2018, 21:33 PM

Probably should tie a munitions cost to mg or mortars to keep them from being spammed early.
16 Jul 2018, 10:09 AM

I mentioned muni cost, because puma doesn't have to spend muni and has bigger range. If you don't use the skill you have no chance to win ( I don't think you ever have unless your oponnent is a potato and goes point blank range). And stuart isn't super fast, it has an okey speed. It can't really flank or dive in to kill LV, because of pfausts.

Those double zook costs 100 muni and requires 150 mp 15 fuel upgrade in base and it is easy to escape them. They do fine at scaring off enemy LV, so im not complaining.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★