Login

russian armor

Lanzerath Ambush 4v4

7 Jul 2018, 23:31 PM

This map was greatly improved in the last update. However there still is a slight balance issue for the South East spawns. The VP and its associated area are closer to the North.

Here is one possibility:
1. Moved the VP closer to where it needs to be for balance.
2. Removed the wooded area where VP now is.
3. Moved and mirrored sandbag areas.
4. Added fence all along road by VP so units can fight in yellow cover against the green cover sandbag areas.
5. Moved west TP to get it out of the way where armies will be building up.
6. Added several new paths thru the woods to aid in flanks (BLUE DOTS).

7. Added sight blockers 1,2,3, and 4 to large open areas. Could possibly use another sight blocker near the northern TP / trench area. But it would negate the trench.

9 Jul 2018, 16:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

This map was greatly improved in the last update. However there still is a slight balance issue for the South East spawns. The VP and its associated area are closer to the North.

Here is one possibility:
1. Moved the VP closer to where it needs to be for balance.
2. Removed the wooded area where VP now is.
3. Moved and mirrored sandbag areas.
4. Added fence all along road by VP so units can fight in yellow cover against the green cover sandbag areas.
5. Moved west TP to get it out of the way where armies will be building up.
6. Added several new paths thru the woods to aid in flanks (BLUE DOTS).

7. Added sight blockers 1,2,3, and 4 to large open areas. Could possibly use another sight blocker near the northern TP / trench area. But it would negate the trench.

Do you have a steamworkshop version for me?

Some of your changes i like, but some i am not sure yet. Need to test and see it ingame.
11 Jul 2018, 19:05 PM

Do you have a steamworkshop version for me?

Ok. You asked for it.

Rosbone Ambush

The map still felt like the South East had little chance to get the East VP. The distances to important areas still favored the North. Likewise that last update made the West VP harder for the north to get. So there was balance in that each would get one VP. But it is very boring when you are in those positions, knowing you have little/no chance of contesting the point.

1. From post #1 you can see the idea of the East VP change. In addition to that I have adjusted a few things and cleared out new areas for parking OKW trucks, HQs, Ambulances, etc (Blue dash areas).

2. On the west side:
A. Adjusted the wooden fence from last patch. Made it stone (green) for cover both into the VP area or into the church.
B. Adjusted sight blockers by the church to involve the VP shed and church(RED). Road is still blocked to shed.
C. Opened a new church wall opening to allow for better movement and get the timings closer to the VP for the north teams. South is still closer to the VP.
D. Removed a sight blocker by church. The blocker helped reduce the strength of the church but made it impossible to completely kill everyone in the church.

3. Adjusted the territory layouts a little:
(1) Clipped of a corner where USF could abuse vet 3 major.
(2,3) For better Hq, Truck, Ambulance placement.

While working I found a couple little bugs like:
- Tractor by mid VP is floating about 1 meter off the ground.
- Fence by south mid cutoff was not set to wall mode.
- Minimap still had old building by west VP.

The more eyes on a map the better. I am sure I created some floating objects with my new edits as well :)
12 Jul 2018, 10:17 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

2. Remove the hill.
http://prntscr.com/k5jxas
--> Rest is fine

3. Adjusted the territory layouts a little:
(1) Clipped of a corner where USF could abuse vet 3 major.
(2,3) For better Hq, Truck, Ambulance placement.
--> FIne as well

1. I agree with: 6. Added several new paths thru the woods to aid in flanks (BLUE DOTS). The one new in south and the one new in the north.
But i disagree about the rest of the changes like muni change, VP change, trees etc.
Maybe we have to find a time together and talk together about it. What we can do.

And also middle vp. I want to make a small change. But have no time right now anymore.
12 Jul 2018, 10:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Keep in mind that all of those changes have to be copy-pasted into the 3vs3 version!
12 Jul 2018, 10:57 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Keep in mind that all of those changes have to be copy-pasted into the 3vs3 version!

Yes i am aware about this. Tho some of this maps are only in 4vs4. Also the other art of maps are 3vs3 and 4vs4; It's the same map. Because no fix spawn on liene forest for example.
Right now I made only fix posisiton for port of Hamburg. Because there you need it. Lieneforest it does no matter so much, and so you have more different games in 3vs3 on this map :)
12 Jul 2018, 14:07 PM

The problem with this map is that the balanced point is where the new East VP is. Which used to be woods. So north / south each reach the woods at the same time. But north gets green cover and a VP while south gets a Munition. At this point, North digs in with MGs and it becomes a "who has the best mortar" match.

It is also very far from the south, so if you pick mortars and the enemy goes heavy infantry, you get rekt and it is gg from then on. You can not ever come back.

The West VP then decides who wins the game. It is less imbalanced so the North can win that point.

The map needs to have BOTH VPS balanced. So moving the East VP is the only choice. If we do not move that VP, should we bother to change the map at all?
12 Jul 2018, 16:41 PM

Here are the approximate measurements to the East VP. As you can see the south is much further away. Distances for the four spawns that come to this point are shown.
1. The blue circle is close to the balanced point for each spawn. Arrows indicate the base.
2. The yellow circle is where I placed the VP, because that resulted in the least amount of change to the area. Just delete the trees and add four sight blockers. And it left each side with the a good amount of open territory for army setup.

WEST VP DISTANCES
The red square is close to balanced. Since there is not a dominant cover area and the VP position is not changed too much, I do not think it matters (ie No house on the V).

Even with the new path thru the church area, it is not faster to go thru the new church opening for player #5. Player #6 gets 10m closer(Was 278, now 268).

2. Remove the hill.
http://prntscr.com/k5jxas

The hill is created automatically at runtime by the game engine. It is the rubble lump from the broken wall. Port of Hamburg has the same goofy lumps on the right side VP. All of the damage is applied to objects at the start of the game.

We could change it from a BREAK in the wall to a passage and use columns at each end.
22 Jul 2018, 18:54 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2018, 14:07 PMRosbone

Did you removed here already the big trees?
https://prnt.sc/k9lnlj

Super frustrating.

23 Jul 2018, 00:50 AM

Did you removed here already the big trees?
https://prnt.sc/k9lnlj
Super frustrating.

I went thru the HEAVY MODDED VERSION and cleaned up a lot of the pathing in the forrest.
Notice there are no sight cubes in the paths thru the forrests. The cubes are on the HEAVY crush trees. All trees are now light or medium crush in the paths.
23 Jul 2018, 12:37 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

23 Jul 2018, 14:17 PM

green.

(8) Rosbone Ambush HV (v3)

Last minute change: All bases rotated so USF gun racks are in front of the base.
23 Jul 2018, 14:57 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2018, 14:17 PMRosbone

(8) Rosbone Ambush HV (v3)

Last minute change: All bases rotated so USF gun racks are in front of the base.

:thumb:
25 Jul 2018, 01:39 AM

(8) Rosbone Ambush HV (v4)

ANOTHER QOL CHANGE:
- Found some Deep Snow in one of the new paths by the right VP.
- Put BLOCKs in several groves that could be bypassed with a couple tank shots.
- Found a few floating scrub bushes. Why do people height adjust the stupidest things?
- Reoriented a few dead trees for better pathing.
- Moved a small pine tree for HQ placement by right Muni.

This map (like all maps) still suffers from some AT gun pathing around the Church because:

UNITS THAT CAN PATH THRU 1 METER GAP:
  • Infantry
  • MGs
  • Mortars
  • OST PaK 40
  • SOV ZiS
  • OKW Rak 43

UNITS THAT CAN PATH THRU 2 METER GAP(typical fence break):
  • All Above

UNITS THAT CAN PATH THRU 3 METER GAP:
  • SOV M42
  • USF M1 57mm
  • BRIT QF6
  • Vehicles up to tanks: Kubel to Puma, Stuart

25 Jul 2018, 08:32 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2018, 01:39 AMRosbone
(8) Rosbone Ambush HV (v4)

ANOTHER QOL CHANGE:
- Found some Deep Snow in one of the new paths by the right VP.
- Put BLOCKs in several groves that could be bypassed with a couple tank shots.
- Found a few floating scrub bushes. Why do people height adjust the stupidest things?
- Reoriented a few dead trees for better pathing.
- Moved a small pine tree for HQ placement by right Muni.

This map (like all maps) still suffers from some AT gun pathing around the Church because:

UNITS THAT CAN PATH THRU 1 METER GAP:
  • Infantry
  • MGs
  • Mortars
  • OST PaK 40
  • SOV ZiS
  • OKW Rak 43

UNITS THAT CAN PATH THRU 2 METER GAP(typical fence break):
  • All Above

UNITS THAT CAN PATH THRU 3 METER GAP:
  • SOV M42
  • USF M1 57mm
  • BRIT QF6
  • Vehicles up to tanks: Kubel to Puma, Stuart

yup, ok.:thumbsup:
5 Aug 2018, 11:15 AM

yup, ok.:thumbsup:

While putting together the final files I noticed there are huge hills everywhere :*(

Smoothed over many hills, ditches, mounds, etc in final version (Not posted).
9 Aug 2018, 19:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

While putting together the final files I noticed there are huge hills everywhere :*(

Smoothed over many hills, ditches, mounds, etc in final version (Not posted).

I can't find the maplink anymore ...
9 Aug 2018, 20:01 PM

Final version posted to steam as (8) Lanzerath Ambush

*Note middle VP house is sideways.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak