Login

russian armor

Drag selecting problem

3 Jul 2018, 21:51 PM

After watching some gameplay that I've recorded, I've noticed that almost all my misclicks are because I try drag selecting a unit, but it doesn't actually get selected. Instead, the previously selected unit stays selected. Ofcourse this means accidentally retreating a unit or not being able to reverse a vehicle in time. I couldn't reproduce this outside of automatch.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem too or if it's me doing something wrong
3 Jul 2018, 22:02 PM

+1 , This has happend to me on occasion.
3 Jul 2018, 22:08 PM

3 Jul 2018, 22:10 PM

Anyone know the cause?
3 Jul 2018, 22:14 PM

Just say no to drugs.
3 Jul 2018, 22:27 PM
Donator 11

It never happened to me, you must do something wrong when selecting a unit. Also, there is a huge panel in the middle of the bottom part of the UI, that shows units that are currently selected. I always cross check the units that are there with what I expect to have selected. After a few hours in the game, you do things like that without even noticing.
3 Jul 2018, 23:58 PM

Anyone know the cause?

I'd always figured it's an issue with my mouse if there was anything on my end. I've gone through three since CoH2's release and seen no change or improvement.

However, CoH2 (in my own experiences) has always had a pretty significant input delay, which gets exponentially worse the larger the game.

It happens to me constantly in 4v4s, but I can't think of a time it's occurred when I've been playing mods or friendly custom 1v1s.
4 Jul 2018, 03:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Change sticky selection in the options menu, it helps preventing the accidental retreats. What sticky selection does it leaves you on the last unit you had selected if you left click nothing. Since left click doesn't do anything except select other units, it's pretty much never an issue. If you turn sticky selection off when you mess up selecting a unit it wont leave your last unit selected to be retreated.
4 Jul 2018, 05:32 AM

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem too or if it's me doing something wrong

Everyday. All day long. Click a unit and tell them to go do something and instead your vehicle from 2km away starts driving in circles??? Favorite was I retreat a squad and my tanks starts driving to my base???

Try to just click the unit shield/emblem/indicator thingy instead :S
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak