Login

russian armor

adjustment for puma

28 Jun 2018, 08:54 AM

from the last patch. the jackson's sight at vet 0 n 2 got nerfed cuz he shoots first when he meet normal tanks.
in this point, i think puma should be nerfed like this too. although it is a vehicle. he has long range n the exact same sight range (50 at 0vet). it means he can just drift alone n uses his max range by himself. i think reducing his 0vet range from 50 to maybe 40 or 43 (52 or 55.9 at vet2). it can force 0 vet puma to combine other units to use his max range. and puma can use his max range at vet2.
i think this change can prevent ost/okw users from just spamming only pumas to deal with vehi/mbt/even td.
28 Jun 2018, 09:07 AM

from the last patch. the jackson's sight at vet2 got nerfed cuz he shoots first when he meet normal tanks.
in this point, i think puma should be nerfed like this too. although it is a vehicle. he has long range n the exact same sight range (50 at 0vet). it means he can just drift alone n uses his max range by himself. i think reducing his 0vet range from 50 to maybe 40 or 43 (52 or 55.9 at vet2). it can force 0 vet puma to combine other units to use his max range. and puma can use his max range at vet2.
i think this change can prevent ost/okw users from just spamming only pumas to deal with vehi/mbt/even td.

Main differences here is the very low penetration Puma has at max range, the Low HP Puma has.
28 Jun 2018, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 09:07 AMVipper

Main differences here is the very low penetration Puma has at max range and the Low HP Puma has.

thw major point is that he uses his own max range by himself. none of units can do like that w/ penalties.
ps. tbh puma's low penetration doesnt be a problem much. BECAUSE he fight agaisnt low armored allies tank (except the heavy tank)
28 Jun 2018, 09:12 AM

thw major point is that he uses his own max range by himself. none of units can do like that w/ penalties.

None of these units have 80 penetration at that range or 400 HP.
28 Jun 2018, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 09:12 AMVipper

None of these units have 80 penetration at that range or 400 HP.

in the view of tank? or vehi? (remind that puma is vehi. aec or su76 is similar)
28 Jun 2018, 09:22 AM

Puma has not that armor, HP, penetration,accuracy, turrent speed and other things like the jackson.
It has nothing ...except a self spoting range. wow. Take it and you will let it go down the trash---
28 Jun 2018, 09:24 AM

Puma has not that armor, HP, penetration,accuracy, turrent speed and other things like the jackson.
It has nothing ...except a self spoting range. wow. Take it and you will let it go down the trash---

comback after finshing.reading.
28 Jun 2018, 09:57 AM

comback after finshing.reading.

once more? which information i missed?
28 Jun 2018, 10:01 AM

in the view of tank? or vehi? (remind that puma is vehi. aec or su76 is similar)

you can find a comparison of the puma and m36 here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/68243/the-okw-puma
28 Jun 2018, 10:54 AM

Any particular reason you are trying to compare a ~T2 light vehicle to a T4 tank destroyer?
28 Jun 2018, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 10:54 AMKatitof

Any particular reason you are trying to compare a ~T2 light vehicle to a T4 tank destroyer?

Actually OP is doing that so you should be asking him.
28 Jun 2018, 11:43 AM

I would gladly take a sight nerf of it for a huge accuracy buff, which that thing desperately needs.
28 Jun 2018, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 10:54 AMKatitof

OP was starting this comparing.
And puma is a t3 unit when iam play as OKW.
28 Jun 2018, 12:20 PM
Donator 11

Is it not a contender to be nerfed simply to stymie the mobile defence meta?
28 Jun 2018, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 12:20 PMArray
Is it not a contender to be nerfed simply to stymie the mobile defence meta?

the problem of mobile defense is not the CPanzer or the Puma. The problem is that both units exist in the same commander one AI one AT and need no tech. The commander needs a redesign the units do not need a nerf units.
28 Jun 2018, 13:06 PM

I would gladly take a sight nerf of it for a huge accuracy buff, which that thing desperately needs.

Yes please
28 Jun 2018, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 12:24 PMVipper

the problem of mobile defense is not the CPanzer or the Puma. The problem is that both units exist in the same commander one AI one AT and need no tech. The commander needs a redesign the units do not need a nerf units.

Watch what you wish for, balance changes to commanders mutilates their unique stuff in usually a bad way, especially if the commander is of higher tier instead of meme tier(where changes actually help even if they butcher commanders flavor).
28 Jun 2018, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2018, 13:09 PMKatitof

Watch what you wish for, balance changes to commanders mutilates their unique stuff in usually a bad way, especially if the commander is of higher tier instead of meme tier(where changes actually help even if they butcher commanders flavor).

Command panzer is not unique and it already has been nerfed more than it should. It is a more expensive PzIV with a lesser gun.

Nerfing units/abilities that are available to other commander due to poor Commander design is a worse way.

And nerfing faction because some commanders are OP is an even worse way.

Finally I did not wished for anything, I posted my opinion which is that neither Puma or CPz should be nerfed because mobile defense is OP.
28 Jun 2018, 13:33 PM

OP was starting this comparing.
And puma is a t3 unit when iam play as OKW.

should i compare puma with the vehis as you wish?

let's check. all these units have same hp n accuracy n is in similar position at vet0.

1. su76 : has 60 range. but 35 sight n fixed turret.
2. aec : has 50 sight. but 40 range
3. puma : has 50 sight n range.
4. usf? go away

puma is better and easier to use than this ones.
so there is no much point to compare with it.
puma vs wolverine?
call-in vehi or basic t2 unit vs tank stuck in tier 4 n doctrine? what a sense

i brought jackson cuz i want to show you the developer's way of patch. (units should be combined with other units, shouldn't be perform alone well.)
not to just compare puma with jackson.

comapring unit cataolg spec is not the point of this article.

+if mobile defense should be nerfed. just making cp4 stuck to the tier3 will fix it.
balance team wanted to make call-in tank meta be dead. but the stug e, bulldozer, cp4, cpanter are still callins. making this things stuck to the tier will make game much better.(the rest are the heavy tanks or vehis so it is ok)

n i dont claim that puma should be dead. i am just suggesting a little sight adjustments for puma.
28 Jun 2018, 14:22 PM

i brought jackson cuz i want to show you the developer's way of patch. (units should be combined with other units, shouldn't be perform alone well.)

The Jackson's view range was nerfed because its selfspotting ability was one of many traits that made it overperform, not because it better fits the balance team's vision.

A tier 4 heavy TD is completely incomparable to a tier 2-3 light recon vehicle. The Puma is very fragile and situational and it needs something good in order to perform adequately. Nerfing its selfspotting would require buffs like higher accuracy or penetration.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★