Login

russian armor

add max prestige setting for custom games

23 Jun 2018, 20:05 PM

hello folks,
i have 450 hours gameplay time. far as i can see and according to what hans told to me this game's automatch system is broken, from helpinghans "what automatch do is, try to find someone at your skill level for 3 4 minutes, if it can't find it then, it makes matches with whoever is playing atm." which %99 of time leads to max prestige vs prestige 1 (me) matches. no fun pure cancer.

so we're playing custom games because there is more chance that players at our level playing custom games.
i were checking people's gameplay time from their profiles, if their profile is hidden ill just ask them how much gameplay time they have. or just ask how much prestige they have.

now you're also turned it off, i had like 6 matches today 1 win 5 lost. 1 in ranked against max prestige players. so how the hell we're going to play this game? against skill level match to us?

atleast add a option to limit prestige ranks in our game, or just make prestige's can be visible on lobby?

this game main problem is new or average players cant find matches at their skillbase. thats atleast 4 or 5 of my friends left the game completely....
23 Jun 2018, 20:17 PM

Prestige has nothing in common with skill.
Its only an indicator of how much you play, not how good you are.

There are plenty complete noobs sitting at prestige 3, playing 4v4 and not being able to go above rank 3000.

Only ELO matters.

Players playing custom team games usually are of low skill, so you're pretty safe there anyway.
23 Jun 2018, 20:38 PM
Patrion 310

As Katitof says, prestige is only an indication of how much they have played, not how good they are. They could be max prestige from just playing vs ai.

If you want to avoid the matchmaker expanding skill range, either play at peak times (evening in EU) or just stop the matchmaker after 5 mins and the resume it, since it resets it search. If there are not people around this level though, you may spend a long time doing this.
26 Jun 2018, 10:09 AM

A lot of people are also only Prestige 3 because they were farming the hell out of warspoils when it was still possible.
26 Jun 2018, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2018, 20:05 PMbullx

This game is certainly extremely unfriendly to new players. Very few things actually indicate what they seem, and there is little you can actually do about it aside from what has been described above. Otherwise you'll be stuck playing custom matches and interviewing every player to the best of your ability.

My advice (if what you're describing is playing with friends who are new to the game): Do not play multiplayer with your (new) friends against other players. Play against each other in 1v1s and if you're as lucky as I have been: periodical 2v2s. That is the best way you can really introduce new players to this game: mentor them into it.

Once they're feeling more proficient at the game and it's many hidden nuances and interactions, go into the fray with them.

But subjecting a new player to CoH2's multiplayer is rather sadistic. :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS