Login

russian armor

Map removal

20 Jun 2018, 23:09 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

https://www.coh2.org/news/59489/automatch-statistics-map-vetoes-and-win-percentages

https://www.coh2.org/topic/72044/2v2-map-veto-stats/page/1#post_id675998

There is no reason to do a forum vote on this, people vote with their map selections in game. The total number of games on a map combined with faction win rate data will tell anyone what maps to remove from the map pool.

Relic. Use data to improve the map pool. It is by far the quickest, least bias and most effective method to improve the map pool.
20 Jun 2018, 23:31 PM
Donator 11

I'm not sure about 2v2, but at least in 1v1 there will be no further map removal, as that would give us one veto less and thus is pointless. This have been officially confirmed by community members who work closely with relic and with relic employees themselves.
21 Jun 2018, 12:42 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

https://www.coh2.org/news/59489/automatch-statistics-map-vetoes-and-win-percentages

https://www.coh2.org/topic/72044/2v2-map-veto-stats/page/1#post_id675998

There is no reason to do a forum vote on this, people vote with their map selections in game. The total number of games on a map combined with faction win rate data will tell anyone what maps to remove from the map pool.

Relic. Use data to improve the map pool. It is by far the quickest, least bias and most effective method to improve the map pool.

Yes some data are nice to have, tho numbers alone never say the whole truth.

- You don't know how the mappool matching is around. At some days you get way more often special maps, and next days you see this map never.
- About 2vs2: road to kharoc second most played map. So what? There is nobody out there, who thinks this map is good and balanced, tho its second most played map...

I'm not sure about 2v2, but at least in 1v1 there will be no further map removal, as that would give us one veto less and thus is pointless. This have been officially confirmed by community members who work closely with relic and with relic employees themselves.

Who said that pls? Yes the vetos are combinded with the amount of map self, but who said or where can you see it, that if 1 less map, 1 veto goes away as well? I will self ask about this again, let's see if I can find some special numbers.

P.S I think for DBP the vote system kind of worked tho :) It gave good feedback too (around 100 votes). So Relic used their datafiles and the vote.

21 Jun 2018, 19:21 PM
Donator 11

Who said that pls? Yes the vetos are combinded with the amount of map self, but who said or where can you see it, that if 1 less map, 1 veto goes away as well? I will self ask about this again, let's see if I can find some special numbers.

I looked for it but sadly I can't find this particular thread :( but I remember somebody trustworthy saying last time the map removal topic was on that we can only remove one map becouse otherwise we get less vetoes and then relic confirming that the formula is set in stone.

As for the current removal I would really appreciate if we could keep all the 1v1 maps in. I guess it might be fine to remove winter/summer duplicates, but other than that it is just madness considering how little good maps came out of map competitions we had.

I also feel that many players veto and vote on the maps that don't fit their current meta strategy which can badly affect both poll results and veto counts that are being kept by relic.
21 Jun 2018, 21:35 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I looked for it but sadly I can't find this particular thread :( but I remember somebody trustworthy saying last time the map removal topic was on that we can only remove one map becouse otherwise we get less vetoes and then relic confirming that the formula is set in stone.

I assume that for all 2-3 maps you have in the mappool you get 1 veto.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 29
Russian Federation 72

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak