Login

russian armor

Winter or Spring Maps [Developer]

11 Sep 2013, 17:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

11 Sep 2013, 18:06 PM

11 Sep 2013, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

which maps do you feel are imbalanced Ugbear?

Starting North on Langres

Starting East on Ferma

Cut Off points are way easier to access and pin.
11 Sep 2013, 21:07 PM

which maps do you feel are imbalanced Ugbear?

Semois winter, building on left side, this near to the middle, one of the entrances are blocked by bushes and units can't pass this area. Winter map have too much eep snow and it's completely annoying

Kholodny summer, building on the left from middle have also bugged pathing, when you get out from building from the stone wall side you must get back to the building or vaulting stone wall because hedges/bushes are also blocking movements.

Semois summer (this was posted in one of the threads) bushes are extremely annoying there so for example they completely change retreating path

What are most imbalanced maps for me? both pripyats, both moscows and minsk (mostly because they are too big for 1v1 games)
11 Sep 2013, 21:10 PM

Gentlemen,

do you want more Winter or Spring maps?

Both! But more importantly to me, I'd rather see more industrial maps, whether winter or summer. Like City 17.
11 Sep 2013, 22:25 PM

Right now I like spring maps more. The winter maps are interesting but need some work, agree on blizzards being the main problem. They are too often and the UI becomes very messy during blizzards.
11 Sep 2013, 22:36 PM

Spring maps. Too much problem with Blizzard and deep snow.
11 Sep 2013, 23:25 PM

spring or winter with no blizzards
12 Sep 2013, 00:30 AM

All this feedback makes me sad because I love variety in all forms especially in an rts the more variety the more things to utilize and more possibilities for new strategies and tactics. I like winter and summer maps and I like changes in pace that blizzards bring and the ability to be able to use this time to make a high risk push without the threat of offmaps but the added that of cold and low los. I love Langres winter, my first comments were cool they actually put in enough deep snow to make a difference in gameplay. Not like most maps where the deep snow is in corners of the map that rarely get traveled.

It would be nice if it were actually possible to utilize the deep snow Camo for ambushes.

Anyway I already see it coming, variety axed for the sake of the masses
who don't really care about variety and different possible tactics in favor of fast click slightly mindless gameplay instead :( .... Sigh.

That being said cold tech couldve been implemented a lot better and add much more depth, it does Kinda seems like a missed opportunity. And how
Mudtech with rain and mud splattering around !
12 Sep 2013, 10:34 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Being more of an Ostheer player that loves mgs and I can easily mirco my units so that none of them freeze I prefer winter maps. Winter benefits mg play as heavy snow slows enemy movement making flanking my mgs for them that much harder.
12 Sep 2013, 12:32 PM

Right on Hans I was just thinking about it and I actually think I prefer winter maps too a little over summer maps because its more interesting. I play much more soviet then I do Germans at this point because I don't like to play op but ive played a coupld german games since the patch and I must say its highly entertaining now as Germans. Great patch this week :D.

I love Pripyat winter because to me it is absolutely beautiful and that helps me become much more immersed in the game and I'm also much for an immersive experience.

When they put Rain in Tales of Value I started fantasizing about what they could do if they just kept developing this Ip - The Rain, Mud etc all possibilities and I am so excited its in the new engine.

Please Relic continue to develop this real mud that splashes your troops and slows your tanks would just be awsome too and I would love to see Night time maps make a return too with the dynamic lighting of the essence engine it is so cool. Would be really awsome if there were night and day transitions I think as well.

Please keep developing your cold tech and realistic features like this it is so cool.
12 Sep 2013, 12:37 PM

Gentlemen,

do you want more Winter or Spring maps?

Like the winter maps with blizzard but I think summer maps would be nice.
12 Sep 2013, 14:38 PM

i would like to actually see some city maps with many houses like lyon(without the bridges maybe), not like city 17, because i do not feel like city 17 is really a city, but rather an industrial area, and not a city. maybe even some german cities, because, you know, it's 1944! german towns were already being invaded by then i would think...
12 Sep 2013, 20:09 PM
13 Sep 2013, 23:08 PM

I like the new Semoskiy Winter with winter looks but no winter mechanics. It's a bit weird tho that it's not cold enough to freeze men, but it's cold enough to freeze the water enough to support a Tiger.

I like both winter and summer maps, so a good mix of both would be cool for me, including some that have only one mode, and some more maps with winter looks but no freezing mechanics (but make them landlocked).

Also, some maps with Polish, German, Hungarian and Romanian names would be cool.
14 Sep 2013, 01:50 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Spring maps because I can see what the hell is going on.
14 Sep 2013, 02:01 AM

spring* or winter with no blizzard.

*as long as they aren't choke point maps like Rhzev or Pripyat.
14 Sep 2013, 17:40 PM

I think a winter non-blizzard port of Lorraine would be pretty cool.
14 Sep 2013, 19:20 PM

i like winter maps better, without blizzards ofc would be perfect
14 Sep 2013, 19:27 PM

Spring. I don't like the blizzards. =/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak