Login

russian armor

Lienne Forrest

9 Jul 2018, 05:10 AM

Are you able to rework this map by your own?

Its is already done of course. I will wait until you work out ZombiFrancis suggestions to post it.

I rotated the house south of the left VP a little because it did not cover the left side very well. The high wooden fence blocked sight to the left and depending on which window the MG picked you would get MG fire or not. The yellow dots show the old placement and how it does not cover the left side of the VP area.

Looking from the left, if the MG picks the left window (A) it has sight and will suppress. If it picks the right window (B), it does not have sight and will not fire. Unless someone can tell me how to get the MG in the left window everytime? I am nub and have IQ of 5 (Registered Trademark of Siddolio :) ). The yellow dots show the lack of coverage when facing the VP.
9 Jul 2018, 05:27 AM

I created the East VP flank (Blue path Thread #8) and removed one grove object as per ZombiFrancis (Yellow). Currently a King Tiger will fit in the new path.

And a closer look.
9 Jul 2018, 07:18 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Its is already done of course. I will wait until you work out ZombiFrancis suggestions to post it.

A steamworkshop link would be very helpful :lol:
9 Jul 2018, 11:03 AM

A steamworkshop link would be very helpful :lol:

Let's call this Version 1.0: Rosbone Forrest

I will post BEFORE/AFTER photos later today.

Version 1.0 (7/7/2018):
- Modified buildings around bases to reduce their strength against the base area itself. To reduce base pinning.
- Opened up the SouthWest and Northwest map edge passages.
- Created a new path thru forrest on South East side VP area.
- Cleared some extra forrest by new path for vehicle repair and safer infantry passage.
- Cleaned up sight blockers thru narrow passages in forrest and river areas.
- Removed one train car by mid VP to open up late game tank movement.
- Opened up forrest passage south of train car for tank movement.
- Changed mid city building to have windows on all 4 sides.
- Modifed house south of west VP for better MG coverage.
- Changed out small south building (faces south base only) on southern road for tank movement.
- Opened passages in fences along Northwest base road so units can move thru the area better.
- Opened one fence passage by south fuel.
9 Jul 2018, 16:15 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Let's call this Version 1.0: Rosbone Forrest

I will post BEFORE/AFTER photos later today.

Version 1.0 (7/7/2018):
- Modified buildings around bases to reduce their strength against the base area itself. To reduce base pinning.
- Opened up the SouthWest and Northwest map edge passages.
- Created a new path thru forrest on South East side VP area.
- Cleared some extra forrest by new path for vehicle repair and safer infantry passage.
- Cleaned up sight blockers thru narrow passages in forrest and river areas.
- Removed one train car by mid VP to open up late game tank movement.
- Opened up forrest passage south of train car for tank movement.
- Changed mid city building to have windows on all 4 sides.
- Modifed house south of west VP for better MG coverage.
- Changed out small south building (faces south base only) on southern road for tank movement.
- Opened passages in fences along Northwest base road so units can move thru the area better.
- Opened one fence passage by south fuel.

Can you have a look to the south side cutoff house again? About FoW. I had the feeling its not full working for south side.

Also what you think about to kill 1 fence in the middle there?
https://prnt.sc/k4cz4p

When you look north side and south side about this building and pathing for inf to fuel and middle is not fair.

Rest looked great.

9 Jul 2018, 17:26 PM

Can you have a look to the south side cutoff house again? About FoW. I had the feeling its not full working for south side.

Also what you think about to kill 1 fence in the middle there?
https://prnt.sc/k4cz4p

When you look north side and south side about this building and pathing for inf to fuel and middle is not fair.

Rest looked great.

I agree to all of your observations.

FENCE BREAK
I wanted to put a break in the south fence as well. When enemies attack there, they are funneled into the tiny opening in the fences.

SIGHT BLOCKERS
I first had two hedgerow sight blockers and it felt like too much. Because the sight blockers are about 10M from the buildings. So I reduced it to one hedgerow. Those buildings are key when making heavy pushes. And two hedgerows took a lot of their strength away.

I will go back to two hedgerows and make adjustments. The height of the building and the tree sight blocks do weird things. I have seen where once an MG has sight of units, it will shoot thru the tree sight blocker. It will not shoot at first but if something makes them visible, the MG will open fire and cut thru the trees. That is why I used big ugly hedgerows as well.

One problem I have is testing the sight blockers because I am using CheatCommand II and the units do not stay put like they do in the version you are using. Yours is much better for testing so I will switch to that.

EDIT: CC2 works, have to TURN AI off. Got it :new:
9 Jul 2018, 23:02 PM

Rosbone Forrest

Version 1.1 (7/9/2018):
1. Added additional sight blockers by fuel buildings for flanking (Blue).
2. Added box crates by sight blockers to help keep units out of sight by pulling them to the cover object (Pink). North and south have crates in the middle of the sight blocker to keep unit spacing from spreading out and being suppressed.
3. Added two more fence breaks by south fuel. One for north to attack through. One to reach the new sight block without being seen (Yellow Dots).

10 Jul 2018, 00:55 AM

The changes you made to the manor house and in increasing the space and flow in the east forest are excellent and probably the two most important changes that could be made to this map.

:)
12 Jul 2018, 09:18 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

26 Jul 2018, 22:10 PM

I also think something needs to be done in the middle. The building on the north side of the railroad makes using tanks a nuisance when playing from the north side for both Axis and Allies. It is impossible to effectively utilize tanks as allies when playing from the north side if even one axis player goes tank destroyer (elephant or jagdtiger). They have an entire open playground to play with in the south that allows them to utilize their tank destroyers to 100% effectiveness. The only way to counter this is with a mass onslaught of tanks from the middle, or a rush from the left flank (city) which can easily be countered with a few well placed mines and a 90 degree left turn from the tank destroyer.

I propose placing a similar sized building on the southern side of the railroad tracks in order to create a little bit of symmetry in the middle.
26 Jul 2018, 22:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I also think something needs to be done in the middle. The building on the north side of the railroad makes using tanks a nuisance when playing from the north side for both Axis and Allies. It is impossible to effectively utilize tanks as allies when playing from the north side if even one axis player goes tank destroyer (elephant or jagdtiger). They have an entire open playground to play with in the south that allows them to utilize their tank destroyers to 100% effectiveness. The only way to counter this is with a mass onslaught of tanks from the middle, or a rush from the left flank (city) which can easily be countered with a few well placed mines and a 90 degree left turn from the tank destroyer.

I propose placing a similar sized building on the southern side of the railroad tracks in order to create a little bit of symmetry in the middle.

I get your points, but i have to say no.

But did you see that one train got removed on the right side of the middle vp?!
27 Jul 2018, 06:04 AM

I get your points, but i have to say no.

But did you see that one train got removed on the right side of the middle vp?!

On the opposite side of the railway platform to this is a little stone building with no windows facing south. Im wondering if it would be worth removing this building and changing it for a yellow cover fence or just leaving it open. It would make it easier for pushing from north to south with tanks and vise versa and would definately help with pathing issues on a assault. It would be very similar to what you have done with removing the rail car on the other side.
27 Jul 2018, 07:53 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

]

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 06:04 AMMongal

On the opposite side of the railway platform to this is a little stone building with no windows facing south. Im wondering if it would be worth removing this building and changing it for a yellow cover fence or just leaving it open. It would make it easier for pushing from north to south with tanks and vise versa and would definately help with pathing issues on a assault. It would be very similar to what you have done with removing the rail car on the other side.

Yeah I already was thinking about removing this small house. I kind of forgot about it. So thx

Rosebone let's kill the house
27 Jul 2018, 09:44 AM

Yeah I already was thinking about removing this small house. I kind of forgot about it. So thx

Rosebone let's kill the house

I assume house A? I agree.
27 Jul 2018, 11:31 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 09:44 AMRosbone

I assume house A? I agree.

Yes
27 Jul 2018, 17:23 PM

House A is removed. House A and the hedge next to it used to create a sight blocked area. So the house and hedge are replaced with a TALL concrete fence. The fence is a MEDIUM crush object so you need an SU76 or a tank to crush it. This will keep the play close to the same as the original map until mediums show up. It also matches the low concrete fences in the area.

Late game will now have approx 40 meters of attack space left and 25 meters of space right. Also note that the new house left of the railroad station is smaller than the original so there is a lot of new space there as well. The fences next to the house were added to help hide a brit mortar. The fences are approx the original building size.

27 Jul 2018, 22:27 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 17:23 PMRosbone
House A is removed. House A and the hedge next to it used to create a sight blocked area. So the house and hedge are replaced with a TALL concrete fence. The fence is a MEDIUM crush object so you need an SU76 or a tank to crush it. This will keep the play close to the same as the original map until mediums show up. It also matches the low concrete fences in the area.

Late game will now have approx 40 meters of attack space left and 25 meters of space right. Also note that the new house left of the railroad station is smaller than the original so there is a lot of new space there as well. The fences next to the house were added to help hide a brit mortar. The fences are approx the original building size.

:thumbsup:
Updated already and you took care on the minimap? :)
27 Jul 2018, 23:21 PM

:thumbsup:
Updated already and you took care on the minimap? :)

Not yet. I am also making it possible to walk AT guns thru the woods. Will post this evening :)
28 Jul 2018, 01:18 AM

Great job guys and for all the hard work you are both doing :)
28 Jul 2018, 15:19 PM

(8) Rosbone Forrest (v2)

CHANGES FROM V1:
- Removed center VP house. Replaced with concrete fence.
- Fixed pathing thru wood paths so larger AT guns can path.
- Increased minimap size by 7%. Original is wrong size?

If anyone plays the live automatch version, please verify that the minimap size is not correct.
(A) Put units in buildings then verify the indicator is right on top of the building (ARROWS).
(B) The right territory also appears to follow the river (LINE)
(C) The perimeter territory is inside/outside of the playable area dotted line.
I want to verify there is not something weird about my PC setup.

When the Worldbuilder Minimap is overlaid on the in game minimap you can see that the buildings and rivers do not line up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★