Login

russian armor

Ostheer Bunker without upgrades.

17 Jun 2018, 07:06 AM

At this point in time, i think that bunkers are extremely situational, because they are very easialy destroyed, which is why people only get them for medics or a temporary mg somewhere in late game, but i don't think anyone really garrisons them. 150 mp for a bunker that dies this quickly is really inefficient, so i think that it could cost 50 mp, but the upgrades would cost 100 mp and 60 munitions. This could allow for them to be used just to garrison inf, and since its so squishy it wouldn't be the same as british unstealable trenches(before an update that fixed that), it could potentially overshadow ostheer trenches, but imo they would still be better for garrison due to their durability. What do you think? Would this buff be too beneficial for ostheer? Would it be pointless and not give people more valid options?
17 Jun 2018, 12:08 PM

All stationary buildable garrisons suck. Bunkers are already useful. For 150mp and 60m, you can get a reinforcement point, medics, or an MG emplacement with a ton of sight range.
17 Jun 2018, 12:12 PM

With your suggestions, for 50mp I'd spam the map with these, just to slow tank movement and mess up with pathfinding. 150mp is good as it is.
17 Jun 2018, 12:37 PM

150 MP is cheap as chips, and at no pop cost, they are brilliant for late game high pop situations.

No other faction has this ability or choice.
17 Jun 2018, 12:39 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, I think 150mp is a valid price for a buildable garrison that can be used only by one side. I wouldn't mind it having more shooting spots though, as right now the only unit that is useful inside is mg team.
17 Jun 2018, 12:57 PM

i stilla cant get behind the fact that the UK sniper can counter bunkers
17 Jun 2018, 16:01 PM

Add a pop cap to them and you can do what you like.
18 Jun 2018, 05:02 AM

150 MP is cheap as chips, and at no pop cost, they are brilliant for late game high pop situations.

USF fighting position with mg upgrade is just another bunker.
18 Jun 2018, 10:29 AM

I see what you mean, but i'm not sure 150 mp is all that cheap, for a bunker with mg, certainly, which is why i thought that upgrades should also cost mp to bring it back to the original price, but without upgrades it's quite useless, though it's possible that i'm only thinking about high-level play. It's absolutely possible that it's fine that is ineffective without upgrades and ostheer shouldn't have the option to get uncaptureable bunkers for 50mp. I just kinda threw out the idea to see what you guys think. It would probably be too strong for 50 mp in early game, since garrisons are quite powerful, though these bunkers are quickly destroyed by mortars and at guns. But then forcing a mortar with 50 mp definetly would be strong, and ukf would have trouble dealing with it too. So 50mp is a bit extreme, 100 would probably be more fair(with 50 additional mp for upgrades). Maybe adding popcap for the mg upgrade would also work? I dunno, i'm just curios, and totally fine if bunkers stay the same.
18 Jun 2018, 10:32 AM

Yeah, I think 150mp is a valid price for a buildable garrison that can be used only by one side. I wouldn't mind it having more shooting spots though, as right now the only unit that is useful inside is mg team.

But the mg can only face one direction, and since mortars now do a lot of damage to garrisoned units, the mg crew is more vulnerable to them, and can't really do anything to a flanking squad either. I think the mg inside the bunker is only useful against long range blobs, like tommies or paratroopers with lmgs.
18 Jun 2018, 10:36 AM

I'm fairly sure you can still garrison the non-MG variants (or at least the reinforcement point) so it's not a completely worthless ability. No-muni bunkers aren't very good but that's true of Rangers and Obersoldaten too.
19 Jun 2018, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2018, 16:01 PMGrim
Add a pop cap to them and you can do what you like.

If anything they should get a free rifle nade or arty ability when a squads is inside the bunker :snfPeter:
20 Jun 2018, 03:20 AM

If anything they should get a free rifle nade or arty ability when a squads is inside the bunker :snfPeter:

And be damaged by small arms
20 Jun 2018, 18:18 PM

And be damaged by small arms

Please tell me more about your bunkers getting destroyed by small arms
21 Jun 2018, 03:19 AM

But the mg can only face one direction, and since mortars now do a lot of damage to garrisoned units, the mg crew is more vulnerable to them, and can't really do anything to a flanking squad either. I think the mg inside the bunker is only useful against long range blobs, like tommies or paratroopers with lmgs.

the idea is to deter raids. On certains maps they are useful for locking down a remote vp, fuel, or munition on your side of the map.

It will force the enemy to dive with tanks, atg, or mortar, all of which are vulnerable diving that deep.
21 Jun 2018, 04:18 AM

the idea is to deter raids. On certains maps they are useful for locking down a remote vp, fuel, or munition on your side of the map.

It will force the enemy to dive with tanks, atg, or mortar, all of which are vulnerable diving that deep.

Isn't the idea to spot for your snipers/mortars/at guns? Isn't that why they see further than they can shoot.
6 Sep 2018, 13:17 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back but does anyone else feel like Ost have taken over from the UKF in terms of sim city spam?

I'm speaking in terms of team games of course and it just feels like come the late game they're all over the map with no MP drain or pop cap for the owner.

I know they cost munitions but in team games this is once again no large issue.
6 Sep 2018, 13:24 PM

I agree with you. I also feel that both OST and OKW can create a strong sim city when they play closely together. Some of the pop free stuff just cries out to be spammed over and over again.
6 Sep 2018, 13:25 PM

i stilla cant get behind the fact that the UK sniper can counter bunkers

more funny is that guy with mg is imortal so u know
6 Sep 2018, 13:50 PM

The no pop cost, extended sight and attack range is what bothers me about it.

Its especially annoying in team games as all the good players will lock down flanking opportunities for no pop cost usage at all. They also tend to follow up any advance with bunker spam too.

Yes you can deal with them in various ways but the levels of spam in team games make them a real pain to deal with. And yes, USF also get fighting pits but they are inferior to the MG bunker in every way and not as spammable (only rear esh can build em).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★