Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Doctrines

16 Jun 2018, 17:31 PM

Hello guys,

I am playing almost exclusively the Ostheer. Recently I have obtained the close air support commander, which has realy cool abilities, focusing mostly on planes.

Unfortunately it seems to me, that I fail to use the commander to his full potential since I am loosing almost all my matches when I pick him in either team games as well as smaller skirmishes (1v1 / 2v2).

Are the other Luftwaffe commanders more usefull with their Stuka Close Air Support abilities? Is the Anti Tank and Infantry strife not that good? My opponent keeps doding the planes with his troops most of the time.

Should i just stick to the other doctrines which have other goodies like the Tiger or the g43 Rifles while still having the good Stuka Close Air Support ability?

Thanks a lot in advance
17 Jun 2018, 07:21 AM

Can't say much about AI-Stuka run, but AT-Stuka usually tend to do real magic outside of Hogwarts with its 37-mm canons, if dropped properlly.
Also, 50-kg bombdrop is very usefull as well - dealing with blobs of rifles if against USF - just make them retreat to rally point or to their magic healing truck and bomb them into Stone Age!
17 Jun 2018, 08:39 AM

The close Air support uses single strafes that you have to aim so its harder to use vs a loiter that auto aims against any target in the area, the strafe is cheaper and its unlocked earlier but it doesn't have the same devastating effect.

As for what doctrines you choose it depends if you struggle a lot vs infantry get the Assault Support that has AI loiter it insta pins all infantry units and if your opponent is slow to react you can follow up with a tank crushing them as pinned units don't dodge vehicles.

For AT Loiter you have a number of choices Lightning doctrine, Jaeger infantry or BlitzKrieg all are viable, you can get a tiger with lightning, a unique 5 man squad with 3 g43 with jaeger or the comand p4 and a lot of other utilities with BlitzKrieg.

If you want Stuka dive bomb there is Jaeger armor gives the Elephant and recon plane perfect vs forward Retreat points and static Arty like ML20.

Beware though a single dedicated AA unit like the soviet M5 with quad gun upgrade will shoot down any Airplane almost instantly.
20 Jun 2018, 19:17 PM

If you do use the close air support, the best tip is to use the strafe near to map edges when you can, and always direct it away from the closest map edge
This will make the planes hit their target faster giving opponent less time to dodge.

The AT strafe is brutal vs infantry, if you hit. Also vs vehicles try to get rear armour, but it's going to be better vs snared vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★