Login

russian armor

Late game mg bunker spam

15 Jun 2018, 18:21 PM

So on a scale of 0-10 how good do you think you read what I wrote.

I literally said there is a good reason Mortar Pits and Bofors have a pop cap attached to them.

You answer: "Your proposal to make Bofors and Mortar Pit pop cap free is stupid".

I barely read it at all since I know that Bofors and mortar pits have nothing to do with the design of MG nests and are therefore irrelevant to the discussion of the effectiveness and MG bunkers.
15 Jun 2018, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2018, 18:21 PMNosliw

I barely read it at all since I know that Bofors and mortar pits have nothing to do with the design of MG nests and are therefore irrelevant to the discussion of the effectiveness and MG bunkers.

Well at least you are honest enough to admit not even reading what people reply to you. Will make refraining from discussing things with you so much easier in the future.
15 Jun 2018, 18:35 PM

I dont know why are u arguing about that. I did tons of games, never seens a bunker spam. Maybe coz i play mostly 2v2 and maybe that's a problem about 3v3-4v4 but yet i dont see the trouble. If u make urself outplayed by bunker spam it means ur enemy had already the controll of game.
My 2cents.

Now i'll bring pop corn there Kappa
15 Jun 2018, 18:42 PM

I dont know why are u arguing about that. I did tons of games, never seens a bunker spam. Maybe coz i play mostly 2v2 and maybe that's a problem about 3v3-4v4 but yet i dont see the trouble. If u make urself outplayed by bunker spam it means ur enemy had already the controll of game.
My 2cents.

Now i'll bring pop corn there Kappa

It´s not about balance as I said. It´s just not fun to play vs. people that build multiple bunkers, which does happen a lot even in 2v2 unless you only play vs top 50-100 opponents. And to discourage people from buildings/spamming bunkers it would be good to give them a small population size. If you use google you will find plenty of threads of people complaining about bunkers. I am far from the only one that thinks that way and by the way I wasnt the one opening this thread either.
15 Jun 2018, 18:48 PM

It´s not about balance as I said. It´s just not fun to play vs. people that build multiple bunkers, which does happen a lot even in 2v2 unless you only play vs top 50-100 opponents. And to discourage people from buildings/spamming bunkers it would be good to give them a small population size. If you use google you will find plenty of threads of people complaining about bunkers. I am far from the only one that thinks that way and by the way I wasnt the one opening this thread either.

Y i understand ur point. I'm sure it's not fun playing vs bunker spam but as soviet u can have istantly mortars, as USF same, as UKF u've to wait till t2 (min: 4?) for having ATs for shotting it down or upgrade ur IS with arty ability or mortars pits etc...I mean it might be frustrating but instead of changing the game it might be better change your approach vs those kind of players :)

Then if it's just for speaking between friends forget what i said Kappa
15 Jun 2018, 21:12 PM

Yeah, I have noticed a definite increase in ost bunker spamming (I do play larger team games though).

Although they are easy to destroy, its the time they buy the defender while you destroy it. 15 seconds is a lot of time to halt an attackers flank or to move your units to assist the point.

Really, I see no reason why MG bunkers should not cost popcap, even a token amount like 3 would be something.

Also bunkers pretty much hardcounter airborne infantry being dropped on points behind the front lines.

15 Jun 2018, 23:27 PM

Anti-tank guns, more like anti-mg-bunker guns.

:guyokay:
16 Jun 2018, 01:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Bunkers are not an issue.

2- I never liked the buff which increased LoS on MB bunkers.

3- I think it's more of an annoyance with certain maps, which makes bunkers no brainers to be used and i'll say it's generally when OKW is the one who is "spamming" them cause generally OH have better usage of mp/munition.

It's not bunkers near the middle of the map which are the most annoying, rather the ones which are covering the "back" line/flanks which the only realistic way of getting them killed is through tank rushes or ones which are constructed in the border of the map or using LoS blockers.

4- On an unrelated note I think vanilla bunkers should be cheaper to be built, and part of the cost transferred to the upgrades. Can't remember the last time i've seen a reinforce bunker been used for example.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★