Login

russian armor

Semois Bushes- For Eagleheart

30 Aug 2013, 04:25 AM

Bushes on new Semois that restrict movement

You can only move through the small breaks marked by the green, in coh1 they served as yellow cover but you could move freely through all sections.

No access points here, previously the green section was open.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 30 Aug 2013, 04:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Bushes on new Semois that restrict movement

You can only move through the small breaks marked by the green, in coh1 they served as yellow cover but you could move freely through all sections.

No access points here, previously the green section was open.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 30 Aug 2013, 04:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

cheers I'll investigate
30 Aug 2013, 05:39 AM
Coder Red Badge

That access point from bottom is really crucial actually, I noticed that a lot in the one game I played on the map. It really limits what a player can do from the bottom.
30 Aug 2013, 11:31 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I found that the walking path for the southern player from the strat point in the very bottom-right corner of the map, to the bridge and the fuel, is really really long because of the huge upside-down, L-shaped hedgerow. You have to walk half-way back to your base to get around it.
30 Aug 2013, 12:41 PM

Isn't this simply a case of all those types of hedgerows on this map not being flagged properly as being able to walk through?
30 Aug 2013, 21:21 PM

i have no fookign clue why bushes are not passable... it's breaking gameplay so much that for example on semois units must go all way around to get to the point...
31 Aug 2013, 04:04 AM

Yeah, I agree. The bottom right point takes so long to cap that the south player would generally be late on connecting the fuel point compared to the north player.
31 Aug 2013, 15:21 PM

Regardless any coh1 map port needs to be adjusted for coh2 gameplay and units instead of just religiously copying it pixel for pixel. Langreskaya is a perfect case in point in which the northern player is at a distinct disadvantage over the southern start. Lets take off the nostalgia blinders and advocate for more balanced maps that retain the core gameplay of these coh1 maps
31 Aug 2013, 17:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You mean you think those bushes should be impassable? You think that makes Semoiskayaski a better map?
31 Aug 2013, 18:11 PM

There is also that wonderful bush on Langreskaya Winter that turns that one house into a death trap. I'm talking about the house directly "west" of the center VP. In the winter version it has a bush on its north site, right next to the door.
If units enter the house on any side and leave it on its "north-east" side, they get stuck and the only way out seems to be reentering the house and exiting on its "south" side.

I don't even know where that damn bush comes from because clearly it couldn't have grown so tall in the few months between summer and winter maps... who lets a bush grow right in front of their door, anyways?
31 Aug 2013, 18:34 PM
Donator 11

There is also that wonderful bush on Langreskaya Winter that turns that one house into a death trap. I'm talking about the house directly "west" of the center VP. In the winter version it has a bush on its north site, right next to the door.
If units enter the house on any side and leave it on its "north-east" side, they get stuck and the only way out seems to be reentering the house and exiting on its "south" side.

I don't even know where that damn bush comes from because clearly it couldn't have grown so tall in the few months between summer and winter maps... who lets a bush grow right in front of their door, anyways?

There is a death trap also in Semoiskayaski!!
My guards got stack in between a brick fence and a shack at the bottom side of the north base.

31 Aug 2013, 18:41 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It was placed there by enemy agents.
31 Aug 2013, 18:52 PM

They still haven't fixed the bush on Langreskaya? I thought the patch said there were changes to the map. Well.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 31 Aug 2013, 22:09 PM
Developer Relic Badge

hey guys, if you see any bugs with the maps just report them with a screenshot and pm me or throw up a post and I'll try to make sure to catch it, the bug above will be fixed in the next patch :)
1 Sep 2013, 15:39 PM
Donator 11

There is a death trap also in Semoiskayaski!!
My guards got stack in between a brick fence and a shack at the bottom side of the north base.

1 Sep 2013, 15:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

how did you get in there? can't you vault out?
1 Sep 2013, 15:52 PM
Donator 11

how did you get in there? can't you vault out?

nop. retreat didn work also.
1 Sep 2013, 19:49 PM

nop. retreat didn work also.

ofc vault would work there, i don't see any good reason why those guards would get stack in there if you didn't vaulted in there
1 Sep 2013, 20:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I do not understand why the bushes are made as path-blocking in coh2. Why not use the same bush concept from the vcoh. Relic you silly ...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★