Login

russian armor

Stuart

2 Jun 2018, 12:04 PM

Since WBP (the patch before DBP) I've considered my former favourite unit to be chilling out with the Valentine in the trash bin of CoH 2, at least as far as 1v1 is concerned.

However, with a certain big purple tournament putting the development of the metagame on fast forward I've suddenly seen all sorts of unicorns running around high level 1v1 streams. I've seen DevM roll out the IS-2 of all things and more recently I've started to see a certain sidelined light tank cropping up again in high level USF builds.

So, top players! What's your assessment of the Stuart's value these days? When do you get it? When does it work, when doesn't it work?
2 Jun 2018, 12:58 PM

Not a top player but it's really good vs Okw mechanized. I find it very easy to keep alive because it takes 3 hits and it wins 1v1 vs the puma if you use stun. Also fends off the luchs and wins infantry engagements on the flanks.

I guess it could also be good against scout car spam but generally speaking it's pretty trash vs wehr and you're better off rushing a sherman if you went captain (which you shouldn't have done in the first place).
2 Jun 2018, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2018, 12:58 PMGiaA
Not a top player

I'd say Rank 24 on the 1v1 USF automatch ladder counts.
6 Jun 2018, 03:33 AM

I think it works best when you use airborne doctrine for those sweet .50cals. Nothing is worse when OKW just blob rolls over your Riflemen. Stuart is more of a safe option against OKW due to the fact mechanized got buffed and Stuart + AT gun can easily wipe the flak half track or luchs. On the other hand Stuart doesn't do much against enemy infantry and they can counter your Stuart build with heavy infantry one.

Now I do love it when it comes to late game as the utility it brings is amazing with great los and it's stun shot to help out with those panzer 4s and panthers.
7 Jun 2018, 16:03 PM

I think the Stuart is a poor man shield that is neither good vs infantry or lvs.
I don't know how you can say it is good vs HT or Luchs since they are always supported by snare and raketen vs OKW. At least it does the job of keeping them from being too agressive, but that's all.
7 Jun 2018, 17:31 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2018, 12:04 PMLago
Since WBP (the patch before DBP) I've considered my former favourite unit to be chilling out with the Valentine in the trash bin of CoH 2, at least as far as 1v1 is concerned.

However, with a certain big purple tournament putting the development of the metagame on fast forward I've suddenly seen all sorts of unicorns running around high level 1v1 streams. I've seen DevM roll out the IS-2 of all things and more recently I've started to see a certain sidelined light tank cropping up again in high level USF builds.

So, top players! What's your assessment of the Stuart's value these days? When do you get it? When does it work, when doesn't it work?

Just saying, patch previous to DBP was GCS emergency patch (April 28 IIRC). WBP was March 27th patch (again IIRC).

On topic so I don't get flamed for saying just that ^: Stuart is a safe option vs OKW, but it really has little place vs ostheer IMO. I find it can get overwhelmed by 444 if you're not careful and gren faust range is rather large.

Against OKW its a good counter vs their lights, but I wouldn't get one premptivly.
7 Jun 2018, 20:19 PM

Just saying, patch previous to DBP was GCS emergency patch (April 28 IIRC). WBP was March 27th patch (again IIRC).

Major patch then. The GCS one was just a Maxim change if memory serves.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★