Login

russian armor

OKW meta?

1 Jun 2018, 20:24 PM

Trying to get into OKW, what commanders/builds do you guys use currently?
1 Jun 2018, 21:34 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Almost all OKW commanders are equally "good" currently, they just don't have any that are "great" and therefore picked every single game. You can get away with basically any of them. My personal loadout is fortifications, luftwaffe, and spec ops.

Depends on map what the build is. But 3-4 volks is always safe, maybe a kubel on large maps like angoville. Luchs rush is decent currently, as is med truck into ISG and MG34s. Lategame all schwer HQ units are viable, however the AI in the tank department is lacking.

NEVER GO KT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IN 1V1
2 Jun 2018, 12:21 PM

For 1v1,

Special Operations (Command Panther) and Luftwaffe Ground (Fallschirmjager) are the two most popular doctrines.

Overwatch (Goliaths) and Fortifications are also pretty solid.

Scavenge (Ostwind), Breakthrough (Panzerfusiliers) and Feuersturm (Flame Hetzer) are a bit more off-meta but some people make them work.

Elite Armored (Sturmtiger) is best left for team games.
2 Jun 2018, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2018, 12:21 PMLago
For 1v1,

Special Operations (Command Panther) and Luftwaffe Ground (Fallschirmjager) are the two most popular doctrines.

I've tried Fallschirmjager and they seem pretty squishy. Obers seem like the better choice
2 Jun 2018, 16:46 PM

Obers come in much later than Falls, and can't be dropped anywhere on the field. Falls are ambush infantry: they're brittle but they can cloak and do a lot of damage.

Luftwaffe's party piece is Valiant Assault though.
3 Jun 2018, 04:16 AM

Falls work great also as support troops to tip the outcome of engagements. Ambushing is great also, and with vet, they become monsters.
5 Jun 2018, 04:14 AM

firestorm is currently my go too doc. The hetzer is outrageously powerful.
14 Jul 2018, 20:18 PM

The best commander right now is scavenge. Jaegar lighat infantry is great at long range, and the artillery can destroy any positiob. All of the commanders are pretty good, either way. Firestorm aND overwatch are a little weaker than the other commanders. Elite armored is better for team games. Breakthrough is also better in team games, since you need to save manpower for panzerfusiliers and the jagdtiger is better in team games.

THe most popular build, by far, is volks, kubel, volks, volks, tech. Sometimes you go for kubel and then 3x volks. If you don't have enough fuel to tech or don't plan on getting any tanks you can get a 4th volks. If you go mechanizex, get a luchs. If you go battlegroupe, you can get a flak half track if you want, but it is not necessary. After that, it really depends on how the game is going.

In the early-game, I generally cap some points with my sturms, and then attack the cutoff/fuel with a kubel while my volks capture my fuel point. The kubel attacks from long range, taking off health of enemy squads while the sturms kill the squad.

In the mid game I generally turtle until tanks, and only harass points and make safe attacks that are sure to be successful. If my opponent also turtles I save up fuel and maybe even get a kt, but this is rare. Normally I go for a panzer 4, and play very aggresive with it. The tanks you get really depend on the situation. For instance, if I am doing well I will get a flak panzer followed by a jagdpanzer. If the game is even I get a panzer 4, and if I am losing I get a puma or jagdpanzer.

In the lategamd, I may get a jagdtiger or kt depending on map. This is only if the game goes on for a long time, and a tiger is the only way to break my opponent. On narrow maps I get a jagdtiger, while on bigger maps or if I already chose a different doctrine I get a tiger. For example, on kohl done a jagdtiger DOMINATES the center, but on Faymonville I find a kt more useful.
16 Jul 2018, 03:31 AM

Special Operations Doctrine is the all around best doc for OKW this meta. Cheap infiltration nades, arty flare for recon, Ober Stgs, Command Panther. The key is to survive early game with it and maybe get more volks or go for fast obers/p4 into command panther. You can also go heavy mech p2 into puma.
8 Sep 2018, 05:37 AM

OKW meta: Just blob your superior yet cheaper infantry, balance team was nice enough to nerf all Allied MGs just for you little Wehraboo so your blobs will be nearly unstoppable. Thus is OKW, the most brain dead easy faction in the game.
8 Sep 2018, 07:43 AM

A little generalist advice
If u start struglling to get map control, dont panick and dont try to pincer move. First u choose a certain position and send everything u have, to secure it (from multiple angles ofc). Then u leave a 34 along with one volks or sturmpios on this position and go for another
But trying to fight for all the important spots at once is unlikely to work

Also dont forget to abuse the shit out of double (later triple) camoed rakettens
8 Sep 2018, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2018, 05:37 AMCODGUY
Thus is OKW, the most brain dead easy faction in the game.

Hm ... that is strange. If OKW is such an easy fraction which doesn't require any brain then how does it come that you are so bad with it?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment