Login

russian armor

Best Settings to Prevent Lag Due to Terrain Deformation

21 May 2018, 19:04 PM

I've come across a recurring problem where I'll get severe performance issues during Matches with heavy terrain deformation due to Arty spam and the like (especially on Winter maps where snow makes it even worse). My graphics settings are already pretty low but I was wondering if there was one graphic setting(s) that would help the most with preventing lag due to terraforming because it's really frustrating to lose long matches just because of lag. Thanks in advance.
22 May 2018, 23:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As far as I know your settings will not have any impact on this sort of performance problem, as Terrain Deformation is a constant that cannot be changed without modding the game. If it were otherwise things would be out of sync and potentially broken for other players, as deformation is not just visual, it does affect things like projectiles. I think the only solution is a better processor/more ram, im not sure which one, but its one of those.
23 May 2018, 03:49 AM

Yeah, the game engine just seems to straight up have some serious I/O performance issues. Even with the best hardware, every match just gets worse and worse over time, particularly on bigger maps. At this point in time we can only hope they drastically improve the engine in the next COH game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★