Login

russian armor

Bofors

16 May 2018, 12:59 PM

Invissed two posts.
16 May 2018, 13:47 PM

Anymore it seems like Bofors has to be used defensively to cover fuel or VPs from harassment on maps where each side has a safer point that it usually holds. (E.g. Minsk Pocket) Either that or to cover flanking routes - but honestly paying that much fuel and popcap to do that isn't really worth it. There really isn't an easy answer because any buff could easily tilt things back to cheesy sim city tactics and it's better to leave it as UP than that. I suppose you could shift Vet around so that it gets some extra health earlier to make it a little more survivable or something more benign like that.
16 May 2018, 14:15 PM

I think the Bofors could do with a damage increase but an ROF nerf. This would make it potent enough to keep infantry away while removing its ridiculous wiping potential in certain situations.

This way it could be a nice micro-less area denial tool that can buy time. I think it's rather cheap compared to the amount of micro and resources the enemy has to invest in order to kill it.
16 May 2018, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2018, 12:59 PMSwift
Invissed two posts.

How about instead of making a particular person's stupid posts invisible you just ban the god damn troll that has NEVER EVER brought anything positive to these forums?

And har har no I don't mean myself, something which someone will probably point out.
16 May 2018, 20:51 PM

you said: " It doesn't make sense to build a centaur late game and a bofors should serve as a viable alternative." ...

I see you are missing my point completely. I also see it is pointless to try and keep arguing with you as it is a waste of time so I will stop trying.
17 May 2018, 06:55 AM

If you could change their positions, for example demolish it, get some refunded resources and put it down again somewhere. But i do not want defense creeping either.
17 May 2018, 11:01 AM

If there's one thing the Bofors should do it's shoot down planes.

It's literally an anti-aircraft gun.
17 May 2018, 18:54 PM

Anymore it seems like Bofors has to be used defensively to cover fuel or VPs from harassment on maps where each side has a safer point that it usually holds. (E.g. Minsk Pocket) Either that or to cover flanking routes - but honestly paying that much fuel and popcap to do that isn't really worth it. There really isn't an easy answer because any buff could easily tilt things back to cheesy sim city tactics and it's better to leave it as UP than that. I suppose you could shift Vet around so that it gets some extra health earlier to make it a little more survivable or something more benign like that.

The problem is you will almost never get it to vet 1 unless they are retarded and throw shit at it. i don't know that emplacements vet from just taking dmg maybe they do, if so its a crazy amount of dmg to vet1 a bofors .
19 May 2018, 16:35 PM

Bofors was new players i win button, glad it was nerfed.
21 May 2018, 08:50 AM

Why was the Bofors changed to do absolutely no damage to planes? Is it a bug or is there some actual reasoning behind it?

Had several cases this weekend where the bofors would waste its time shooting at reacon planes but never once knocked one out of the sky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★