Login

russian armor

alternative to Bren/vicker change

12 May 2018, 06:07 AM

Bren Mk. II Light Machine Gun
Bren Guns are being adjusted to be less potent at range, though their price is being reduced to match their new performance.
• Sappers now use Tommy Bren Gun on pick up
• Cost from 60 to 45
• Accuracy reduced from 0.575/0.518/0.46 to 0.575/0.4144/0.391
• Mid range reduced from 28 to 25

The patch note left out a very important part:

it affects the vicker k, and it's the primary reason why the bren is turning into a nerfed dual pick up.

It's not possible to limit picked-up weapons to 1 (Vickers-K), without making them trash (e.g,. 1 gun takes 2 slots).

We have to find a solution for double-wielding Vickers-K anyway to keep them good but not OP. If a solution works for Vickers-K, then an identical solution will also work for Bren guns.

Tweaking accuracy values is the just the best way to tweak DPS curves without shooting yourself in the foot.

You would never ever pick it up over two Bren guns, or a Bren gun and a Vickers_k.

That is unless you make vickers_k as strong as LMG42 (or even stronger since LMG42 takes 1 slot), in which case it would laser down squad-member after squad-member, just like Vet2 LMG grenadiers do.

So, a 2-slot vickers-k would either be trash or OP.

first: those statements are self contradictory. A good weapon is UP if it require 2 slots and prevent mixed pick up, so we will turn the weapon into a Ok weapon that you will need to use two of, thus taking up both slots anyway.

either way, you're using 2 slot to get a reasonable boost in DPS.

Second: lmg42 vet 2 grenadier cut down enemy like laser because of their 40% accuracy bonus at vet 2. This is higher than the 30% weapon accuracy bonus on the US rifleman or the 20% weapon accuracy bonus on the tommies.

Even if vickers were a lmg42 clone with 2 slot, neither the US rifle nor the UK tommies would perform as well as the lmg42 grenadier simply because of this difference in their veterancy.

We can already see this in effect with the m1919a6 and the rifleman. The m1919a6 isn't a clone, but it have very similar dps to the lmg42.

The conscript actually do have a 54% weapon accuracy bonus at vet 3 and a 69% weapon accuracy for the vet 3 penal.

So a 2 slot vicker k with lmg42 stats would be not be OP in the hands of the Tommies or the Rifleman, but it would be overpowered for the soviet penal and conscript.

So the bren are getting turned into dp-28 clone, because of problem with a dlc doctrine synergizing with an entirely different faction. This is just absurd. And really with 54% weapon accuracy the conscript will be OP with any type of weapon pick up.

The bren weapon rack should be changed to a 1 slot single pick up (ie the m1919a6 solution). The vicker should be 2 slot lmg42 clone.
12 May 2018, 12:02 PM

I remember all pickup weapon in coh2 have 1 slot
Unlike coh1 some weapon have 2 and some weapon have 1
If rework weapon slot i not sure is really work

I think remove vicker k and use only bren is ok
Or weapon drop BAR insert vickers k so kidding
12 May 2018, 12:37 PM

Mr Smith all due respect to the guy should not be allowed near balance with a bargepole.

If you are going to put tommy DPS on par with gren MG42 you need to give them a vehicle snare. They are being hit with reduced survivability nerf, cover bonus nerf, bren nerf AND upgrade fuel increase will now delay your first tank more while your inf still lacks AT grenade to stall against fast P4.

Previous cromewell, Mortar pit and comet nerfs I think will be a good sign to where british inf is going. Yes they were OP but when you are simply nerfing things left and right on multiple fronts and not giving anything in return the faction will simply be left mediocre.
12 May 2018, 12:41 PM

it is normal to 2 lmg beats 1 lmg. and 2 picked up weapons is faction trait for usf. ukf. i sont know why 1lmg should have to win against 2lmgs. cuz he managed to give hos inf weapons.
12 May 2018, 18:46 PM

Its kinda misguided comparing the performance of a gren lmg42 and a brit..anything. Grens are 4 man forever amd always as well as being a larger target AND more expensive per man cause reasons. I know the brits are the new faction but let grens be better somewhere. They are accurate because they are squishy. The lmg is exclusive to them (well ostroppen later i suppose) where brens/Vickers can be slammed onto any imfantry you want. The lmg is a great gun because it has to be
15 May 2018, 20:14 PM

Mr Smith all due respect to the guy should not be allowed near balance with a bargepole.

If you are going to put tommy DPS on par with gren MG42 you need to give them a vehicle snare. They are being hit with reduced survivability nerf, cover bonus nerf, bren nerf AND upgrade fuel increase will now delay your first tank more while your inf still lacks AT grenade to stall against fast P4.

Previous cromewell, Mortar pit and comet nerfs I think will be a good sign to where british inf is going. Yes they were OP but when you are simply nerfing things left and right on multiple fronts and not giving anything in return the faction will simply be left mediocre.

You forgot capture speed nerf by -25%
You forgot pop nerf by +1
(I know, conscripts and Grenadiers also got this nerf)(Conscripts?!?!? Of all units???)

- Maybe UKF should be nerfed the rest of the way so that they are completely useless?
- What with the sniper nerf (Aim time going to 1.5) and FF nerf (pop going UP!) and more...

Isn't it time UKF be put to sleep ?

15 May 2018, 20:21 PM

Its kinda misguided comparing the performance of a gren lmg42 and a brit..anything. Grens are 4 man forever amd always as well as being a larger target AND more expensive per man cause reasons. I know the brits are the new faction but let grens be better somewhere. They are accurate because they are squishy. The lmg is exclusive to them (well ostroppen later i suppose) where brens/Vickers can be slammed onto any imfantry you want. The lmg is a great gun because it has to be

I agree.
Axis should be larger squads, cheaper squads, and stronger, more powerful and efficient squads.
There is no reason for them be larger targets no more expensive per man. They ought to be larger
squads than soviets, perhaps 8 men per squad, the smallest target size, and perhaps 200 manpower
per squad of PzGrenadiers. Also, make dual shreks put-awayable (like SturmPioneers).

Quality, Quantity, Inexpensiveness. All strenghts, no weaknesses.

That is how germany ought to be balanced :) You show superior wisdom and intelligence. I salute you!

15 May 2018, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2018, 12:41 PM>ㅅ<
it is normal to 2 lmg beats 1 lmg. and 2 picked up weapons is faction trait for usf. ukf. i sont know why 1lmg should have to win against 2lmgs. cuz he managed to give hos inf weapons.

For balance, 1 german lmg should be vastly stronger than 2x allied LMGs.
And then, German ought to be able to duel-wield these german LMGs.

It is the only way for the game to be balanced.
15 May 2018, 22:43 PM

I agree.
Axis should be larger squads, cheaper squads, and stronger, more powerful and efficient squads.
There is no reason for them be larger targets no more expensive per man. They ought to be larger
squads than soviets, perhaps 8 men per squad, the smallest target size, and perhaps 200 manpower
per squad of PzGrenadiers. Also, make dual shreks put-awayable (like SturmPioneers).

Quality, Quantity, Inexpensiveness. All strenghts, no weaknesses.

That is how germany ought to be balanced :) You show superior wisdom and intelligence. I salute you!

Wut?
16 May 2018, 03:00 AM

He is being sarcastic.
16 May 2018, 03:30 AM

He is being sarcastic.

But it wasn't even.. Like... Good trolling so I wasn't sure....
16 May 2018, 03:47 AM

We can’t all be good. Lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight