Login

russian armor

Flamethrower to engineer regiment

24 Apr 2018, 07:11 AM

So with the plans of spring balance patch, there was stand fast being replaced with flamethrower. I saw no-one saying anything about this, probably because 222 buff, jackson and soviet sniper nerf are taking all the attention.

I am intrested to know what people think about it, is it gonna make this commander more viable. I at least see myself using it lot ore with flamethrower
24 Apr 2018, 10:00 AM

It makes it definitely worth looking at. Sapper Flamethrowers are one of the main draws of Mobile Assault. You're essentially trading the Land Mattress and the Infiltration Commandos for Designate Command Vehicle and the AVRE.
24 Apr 2018, 10:57 AM

5 man, durable flamethrower squad with CQC weapon profile hmmm......

I have penal assault kit testing flashback.

What can go wrong?
24 Apr 2018, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 10:57 AMKatitof
5 man, durable flamethrower squad with CQC weapon profile hmmm......

I have penal assault kit testing flashback.

What can go wrong?

It's not a new ability. It's been in the game since 2016.
24 Apr 2018, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2018, 11:28 AMLago

It's not a new ability. It's been in the game since 2016.

While that is true, its also on a commander which already is very mp heavy and got better muni spending options with commandos and land mattress.
24 Apr 2018, 12:00 PM

I can't see Royal Engineer flamers being a problem if Mobile Assault flamers aren't.
24 Apr 2018, 13:45 PM

Well, it's better than Stand Fast, which was pretty useless after both it and emplacements were nerfed into more or less obscurity. I still think if you really want Flamers people are going to continue going for Mobile Assault so it's pretty much "whatever" (unless you feel like trolling with AVRE). I'd almost have preferred something that kept the defensive spirit of the doctrine like an emplacement upgrade that let you have garrison bonus without a squad inside or my idea during DBP was to have some kind of specialized Sapper or Heavy Sapper call-in.
24 Apr 2018, 17:41 PM

Well, it's better than Stand Fast, which was pretty useless after both it and emplacements were nerfed into more or less obscurity. I still think if you really want Flamers people are going to continue going for Mobile Assault so it's pretty much "whatever" (unless you feel like trolling with AVRE). I'd almost have preferred something that kept the defensive spirit of the doctrine like an emplacement upgrade that let you have garrison bonus without a squad inside or my idea during DBP was to have some kind of specialized Sapper or Heavy Sapper call-in.

I like idea of call in special engineer. Originally avre was meant to come with engineers that had gammon bombs and demo charges. I like to see that , thought probability is zero.
24 Apr 2018, 19:15 PM

I like idea of call in special engineer. Originally avre was meant to come with engineers that had gammon bombs and demo charges. I like to see that , thought probability is zero.

I wanted some kind of Tank Hunter Sapper - comes with Piats and can lay Teller Mine clones or dare to dream M20 mine clones. Something along those lines - that way you can protect your emplacements' flanks and have another option to the (soon to be gimped) Tank Hunter Sections for anti-Light Vehicle options. Hell, I'd even settle for a stock Sapper upgrade that lets you upgrade repair speed.
24 Apr 2018, 19:56 PM

I think this is a good change. All the non-doctrinal basic tools are always welcome :thumb:
24 Apr 2018, 23:51 PM

This dude above me with the sapper at infantry kinda has a good idea too. I was thinking that earlier as well would be interesting.

I said this in another discussion.

Why sapper flamer? Why not arty flares? Would provide intelligence before an attack? Or maybe a British for the mother land kind of ability? I can hear infantry sections screaming for the queen or for queen and country.

“Whistle blows, comeon lads over the top! Whistle blows, Charge for queen and country! Let’s push the hun back Like we did in Amiens! Remember the blitz!”

Men charge

“Yeah Jerry at’s for my Nan and er Ouse!”
..........................................................................................................................

Why not something more defensive? A mod I like to play gives the u.s. access to a m20 halftrack with a AoE repair ability. Would be interesting. I’m not complaining about the flamethrowers but I dunno so many other unique and interesting things can be done.

I wanted some kind of Tank Hunter Sapper - comes with Piats and can lay Teller Mine clones or dare to dream M20 mine clones. Something along those lines - that way you can protect your emplacements' flanks and have another option to the (soon to be gimped) Tank Hunter Sections for anti-Light Vehicle options. Hell, I'd even settle for a stock Sapper upgrade that lets you upgrade repair speed.
25 Apr 2018, 07:04 AM

This dude above me with the sapper at infantry kinda has a good idea too. I was thinking that earlier as well would be interesting.

I said this in another discussion.

Why sapper flamer? Why not arty flares? Would provide intelligence before an attack? Or maybe a British for the mother land kind of ability? I can hear infantry sections screaming for the queen or for queen and country.

“Whistle blows, comeon lads over the top! Whistle blows, Charge for queen and country! Let’s push the hun back Like we did in Amiens! Remember the blitz!”

Men charge

“Yeah Jerry at’s for my Nan and er Ouse!”
..........................................................................................................................

Why not something more defensive? A mod I like to play gives the u.s. access to a m20 halftrack with a AoE repair ability. Would be interesting. I’m not complaining about the flamethrowers but I dunno so many other unique and interesting things can be done.

Flamer fits to the theme of commander, being focused on improving your vehicles and clearing out defensive positions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★