Login

russian armor

OKW Ostwind

11 Apr 2018, 18:07 PM

Does anyone build this thing anymore after the patch? Haven't seen it when playing as or against OKW or in any recent replays involving OKW. This has also had the added consequence of making scavenge doc a lot less popular since a) Ostwind is now useless since you can just get a P4 instead and b) Jagers are less popular due to the cheaper Fallschirmjagers.

Given that it's now tied to tech, may I suggest that it becomes a non-doctrinal unit in the Schwerer HQ, maybe with a slight fuel cost reduction of 10 or so and replaced with something else in the Scavenge doc?

Same goes for the Hetzer and others I supposed, though that's been covered by a different thread in here.
11 Apr 2018, 18:10 PM

all the specialized call-in tanks are dead now because they come too late and are overpriced
11 Apr 2018, 19:00 PM

Of course... If you need to toss fuel and MP down the gardening drain, this unit is a perfect choice.
Same applies to the Ostheer one.
I really dont know what is it with these specialized AI units that most of the time end up with less AI DPS than some generalists.
11 Apr 2018, 19:07 PM

Does anyone build this thing anymore after the patch? Haven't seen it when playing as or against OKW or in any recent replays involving OKW. This has also had the added consequence of making scavenge doc a lot less popular since a) Ostwind is now useless since you can just get a P4 instead and b) Jagers are less popular due to the cheaper Fallschirmjagers.

Given that it's now tied to tech, may I suggest that it becomes a non-doctrinal unit in the Schwerer HQ, maybe with a slight fuel cost reduction of 10 or so and replaced with something else in the Scavenge doc?

Same goes for the Hetzer and others I supposed, though that's been covered by a different thread in here.

p4 is the better choice, flak ht is better at killing Air. Ostwind doesn't really have a place in the current OKW meta.
11 Apr 2018, 19:08 PM

I see it sometimes with aggressive OST play in combo with pv4 or stug spam. Okw I never see it, think for one there is just too many better doct choices and okws p4 is one of the best stock mediums. Hetzer I do see sometimes if it is a city map it can actually be quite effective but still a bit of a luxary item even in that doct when flamer SPs can do the same thing in the same doct.
11 Apr 2018, 22:53 PM

Permanently Banned
The Ostwind is basically a beefed up version of the Panzer II, better at killing infantry than chasing them. Sure I use it as it is generally one of the more versatile units in the generally specialized OKW. It's also one of the less expensive medium tank as well. Transitioning from Ostheer to OKW causes it to be restricted to scavenge doctrine but receive max 5 levels of veterancy in return.
11 Apr 2018, 23:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

A lot of what thomasagray said. Comapred to the 380/140 p4, the 280/90 ostwind is EXTREMELY cheap. The main point of the ostwind imo is as a snowball unit. You can get your first ostwind 50 fuel before your first panzer, really allowing you to push an advantage. Given that its essentially a luchs++, its cost efficiency is pretty good.

(Oh, to answer the original question, I still use it, if that means anything).
11 Apr 2018, 23:48 PM

As I have pointed out in the other Thread

Imo the OKW units (ostwind/hezter) should be available even if the T4 is destroyed.
12 Apr 2018, 02:52 AM

They really should have shoved it in t2.

There combined with its early cp requirement would give it a use as a beefyer, more expsnive luchs.
12 Apr 2018, 04:49 AM

Permanently Banned
And the balance team claimed to have buffed this unit. What a pathetic joke. The far range accuracy is outright crap. Sure the shells don't collide with yellow cover anymore but now the shells miss the target outright at far range. The midrange dps has improved but the ostwind can't afford to get close due to paper armor and no AT ability. The ostwind is just as useless as before.
12 Apr 2018, 07:13 AM

Ostwind cant hit things...its only luck when you hit a model..
2 May 2018, 20:30 PM

Skill planes in every game. Plus it can hold a side point alone from infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★