Login

russian armor

New official patch for summer

4 Apr 2018, 23:32 PM

The game is dead anyways, sometimes is better to just bury the dead and forget about them. The balance has become worse and worse with every patch, I remember a brief time where it was actually fun to play - just before the stupid Brits were introduced. From then on, it went downhill.

No the game was at its bests balance wise directly before the launch of OKW/USF. Mainly playing 3v3/4vs4 and OKW was owning that matchups so badly shortly before the launch of brits (stats of winratio). Brits turned this upside down on release until they were nerfed and players get used to them. With brits game balance is still worse than before the addition of OKW/USF but at least its not that bad anymore. All this asymmetrical faction design is hard to balance. I always thought it is a bad idea to make some factions good at early and others good at late. There are other RTS, that prove that factions can be different without having such strong differences of dominance at early/mid or late.
4 Apr 2018, 23:44 PM

Access to legacy patches for Company of Heroes 2 would be so cool.

The Soviet v Ostheer matchup actually enjoyed a pretty long run, even after WFA.
5 Apr 2018, 02:33 AM

I agree 1000%. The game is quite dead. Making the game free was supposed to attract more players but it ultimately failed to keep any sustained interest from the new players. The balance is all over the place and the balance team seems to simply do whatever they want to do. Quite a few nerfs were uncalled for such as the Ost sniper stun nerf, flame HT nerf, KT nerf, excessive luchs and pfusiliers nerf. Nobody asked for a Ost sniper, flame HT or KT nerf. Brit and Ost snipers are fairly crap and only the SU sniper is good due to its durability since the second man more than makes up for lower RoF, flame HT was already nerfed several times, KT easy gets countered by any 2 sources of AT (you can afford 3 allied heavy TDs for the price and tech cost for a KT.) Both Axis factions are one trick ponies. Easily predictable.

The last patches were atrocious and simply made the allies even stronger. My mate and I used to be rank 100 2v2 at, and now we barely make the top 300. Have we become so bad? Sometimes our enemies do really dumb mistakes, but they dont get punished or it doesnt make a difference for them. Meanwhile if you as axis do a mistake, its gg (for example losing a t70 or losing a luchs has such a different impact on the game, the latter matters way less). Nearly every axis unit has been nerfed, most of them to being unplayable (but you have to because you have no choice).
5 Apr 2018, 03:27 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Access to legacy patches for Company of Heroes 2 would be so cool.

The Soviet v Ostheer matchup actually enjoyed a pretty long run, even after WFA.

Honestly knowing all the things we know about the game now I'm sure that wasn't actually well balanced, people just didn't know all the tricks yet.
6 Apr 2018, 15:24 PM

Honestly knowing all the things we know about the game now I'm sure that wasn't actually well balanced, people just didn't know all the tricks yet.

I'll give you that, most definitely.

But my point was more that, DLC commanders aside, there weren't grave design issues with EFA until adjustments started being made to accommodate the later factions problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 14
United Kingdom 51
unknown 4
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W