Login

russian armor

Pop cap Issues

25 Mar 2018, 18:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Just a couple of changes to pop cap:

Pak 40 change from 8 to 7.

Quite a no brainer if you ask me. Brit 6pdr is a carbon copy (actually its better as it has a faster aim time and slightly better vet bonuses like accuracy compared to RoF of pak, and has free veteran ability.) All other at guns are worth 7. Either pak is worth 7 or 6pdr is worth 8.

Pgrens from 9 to 8.

Pgrens are great crack infantry except upgraded RM and IS are more than a match for them at mid-long range. Single upgraded WFA inf are on par and double upgraded will easily beat pgrens. Falls and obers are 9 pop cap and both are far superior to pgrens.

5man IS from 7 to 8.

When 5man sections cost the same pop cap as the nerfed volks, you know something is wrong..... simple as that.

Pfusiliers from 8 to 7

I'd agree with 8 if the unit wasn't nerfed FOUR FKING TIMES!!! Several combat nerfs and a sight nerf to be precise. Now it's just a 6man volk that doesn't have self heal. So congrats, you've wasted a doctrine for lame infantry and a heavy TD that is less cost effective after every patch.

Ostruppen from 6 to 5.

With 4man IS and buffed cons being 6, and with the nerfs to the ostruppen in cooldowns and reinforcing times, Ostruppen should be a bit cheaper. They don't have the utility of cons or IS as they lack nades and are most dependant on cover and have to wait till T4 to get any upgrades.

Assault grens from 5 to 6

These infantry are super specialized, however, having them cheaper than grens and ostruppen is simply laughable.

25 Mar 2018, 19:56 PM

A lot of people won't agree because you're only suggesting a nerf to Allied infantry pop cap with a buff to Axis infantry pop cap so I'll just address the not making sense part.

Why should a 6 man squad fill 5 pop cap lol. I mean if it were me, I'd just go with CoH's way of doing things and just make each model cost just 1 pop cap, I really see no point in artificially limiting the game's scale with such bullshit anyhow.
25 Mar 2018, 20:03 PM

I'd just go with CoH's way of doing things and just make each model cost just 1 pop cap, I really see no point in artificially limiting the game's scale with such bullshit anyhow.

And yet you want coh1 way, where the moment you were cut off in late game, you could not reinforce at all, because pop cap was not static 100, but a dynamic and dependent on number of sectors you controlled at the time.

As for the OP, I advise to go read up on patch notes and educate yourself why these things cost as much as they do, because the only thing that makes no sense is your reasoning here.
25 Mar 2018, 20:36 PM

Permanently Banned
A lot of people won't agree because you're only suggesting a nerf to Allied infantry pop cap with a buff to Axis infantry pop cap so I'll just address the not making sense part.

Why should a 6 man squad fill 5 pop cap lol. I mean if it were me, I'd just go with CoH's way of doing things and just make each model cost just 1 pop cap, I really see no point in artificially limiting the game's scale with such bullshit anyhow.

Just like how the patch was one sided and basically buffed allies across the board and nerfed axis across the board. Do you have any constructive arguments besides pointing out the obvious?
25 Mar 2018, 21:33 PM

I've shown mine.

No, you didn't. Even if you added it in the profile you additionally need to set it visible.
25 Mar 2018, 22:12 PM

Just like how the patch was one sided and basically buffed allies across the board and nerfed axis across the board. Do you have any constructive arguments besides pointing out the obvious?

Do people forget what the modders did to sim city? You have them to thank for adjusting that. The game is very close to balance if you look at it from a tournament perspective.
25 Mar 2018, 22:14 PM

Permanently Banned

Do people forget what the modders did to sim city? You have them to thank for adjusting that. The game is very close to balance if you look at it from a tournament perspective.

That is basically the only thing they did. Meanwhile Brit sections are better and nades cheaper to compensate. USF and SU got major buffs.
25 Mar 2018, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 21:33 PMHater

No, you didn't. Even if you added it in the profile you additionally need to set it visible.

The mods deleted my post. Anyways my username is FanaticallyFuriousFuhrer. My rank is 176 in 1v1 Ost. And I decent in other factions.
25 Mar 2018, 22:23 PM

Has "Ostheer for life." in signature and wants Allied units nerfed. What a surprise. So surprising.
25 Mar 2018, 22:30 PM

That is basically the only thing they did. Meanwhile Brit sections are better and nades cheaper to compensate. USF and SU got major buffs.

And brits are arguably the worst faction in 1v1. Soviets are still picked over usf and brits, but they are not dominating axis. You need to watch axis perform in tournaments, they are doing pretty well.
25 Mar 2018, 22:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Has "Ostheer for life." in signature and wants Allied units nerfed. What a surprise. So surprising.

I play SU quite well too. Meanwhile you think croc should have more armor than panther. Typical ignorant Brit scrub.
25 Mar 2018, 22:44 PM

Permanently Banned

And brits are arguably the worst faction in 1v1. Soviets are still picked over usf and brits, but they are not dominating axis. You need to watch axis perform in tournaments, they are doing pretty well.

Where are you getting the winrate stats for Brits? You realize coh2chart.com is no longer updating winrates as of last year. I don't see any axis supremacy in tournaments either.
25 Mar 2018, 22:48 PM

Brits pretty much lost every game in the tournament vs otheer and okw.
25 Mar 2018, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 20:03 PMKatitof

And yet you want coh1 way, where the moment you were cut off in late game, you could not reinforce at all, because pop cap was not static 100, but a dynamic and dependent on number of sectors you controlled at the time.

As for the OP, I advise to go read up on patch notes and educate yourself why these things cost as much as they do, because the only thing that makes no sense is your reasoning here.

You should put your reading glasses on, I made no mention of the popcap system, I only stated my opinion about the infantry model pop cap.

I liked the infantry model pop cap but not the overall pop cap system and I'm guessing that it was because a particular limitation of the Essence engine at the time, I'm not sure, but maybe not because mods like Europe at War give you the option of setting specific pop caps like 200 and so forth.

And 200 is a good number to be honest, StarCraft does something similar as well as the Age of Empires series. Well AoE has like something around 500 if I remember correct but yeah, 200 is good I think, not too limiting but not too wild either.

Yeah, nobody in their right mind would make Osttruppen models 1.2 pop cap each.
26 Mar 2018, 00:10 AM

Permanently Banned

Yeah, nobody in their right mind would make Osttruppen models 1.2 pop cap each.

"Nobody?" You mean just yourself. You still haven't presented any facts, just feelings. And your math is wrong.

26 Mar 2018, 00:20 AM

"Nobody?" You mean just yourself. You still haven't presented any facts, just feelings. And your math is wrong.

Lol ok dude.

And yes, indeed I'm bad at math, that's why I divided 6 by 5 to get 1.2 on my computer's calculator.
26 Mar 2018, 02:08 AM

It would be Popcap/Models, Therefore it would be .833 popcap/model
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %