Login

russian armor

What are your ideas of coh 3 commander system?

20 Mar 2018, 02:05 AM

Regardless of which system, ideally it'd avoid the stupid nickel-and-dimeing scheme.

Preferably a system with less redundant overlap and more even handedness. Compare the number of commanders for Sovu or Wehrmacht to say, brits or the WFA.
20 Mar 2018, 02:38 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I think for the Commmander System for Company of Heroes 3, it should be customisable, but also contain limits and balances. I've created a set of handy images below that I likely plan to make a video of.

Rather than simply selecting one commander, you automatically go into game with your full roster of three. These commanders cannot be switched in-game, all of that is done pre-game and is visible for your opponent to see in-game and in the loading/set-up screen. Any commander can be slotted out for another with each one having a unique set of abilities.

Players would gain Command Points as they fight, tech, build which they can use to spend on their Commander trees in any order. You can either choose to save points to buy a higher costing choice or choose to buy multiple cheaper options.

Players would have a maximum amount of Command Points that they can gain that, once again, can be spent in any format; this is under the assumption vehicles and infantry would no longer be call-ins or call-in units in require tech. You can choose lots of small items that accumulate, or higher CP requirement items if you want to focus on end game, or you could just balance everything out.

Yes, it might be a balancing nightmare, but you get freedom of choice and if done right, there is no set-in-stone way to pick commander and every commander brings something unique. And going for just pure end game or just lots of minor options, means you're sacrificing other assests. It also reduces commander redundancy as now you only need one commander with say a Tiger or ISU, rather than 3-4.

Note I'd also be open to the idea that it could be linear and you can pick from any tree, but once selected you lock out everything else in that row, horizontally.
20 Mar 2018, 16:15 PM

I think for the Commmander System for Company of Heroes 3, it should be customisable, but also contain limits and balances. I've created a set of handy images below that I likely plan to make a video of.

Rather than simply selecting one commander, you automatically go into game with your full roster of three. These commanders cannot be switched in-game, all of that is done pre-game and is visible for your opponent to see in-game and in the loading/set-up screen. Any commander can be slotted out for another with each one having a unique set of abilities.

Players would gain Command Points as they fight, tech, build which they can use to spend on their Commander trees in any order. You can either choose to save points to buy a higher costing choice or choose to buy multiple cheaper options.

Players would have a maximum amount of Command Points that they can gain that, once again, can be spent in any format; this is under the assumption vehicles and infantry would no longer be call-ins or call-in units in require tech. You can choose lots of small items that accumulate, or higher CP requirement items if you want to focus on end game, or you could just balance everything out.

Yes, it might be a balancing nightmare, but you get freedom of choice and if done right, there is no set-in-stone way to pick commander and every commander brings something unique. And going for just pure end game or just lots of minor options, means you're sacrificing other assests. It also reduces commander redundancy as now you only need one commander with say a Tiger or ISU, rather than 3-4.

Note I'd also be open to the idea that it could be linear and you can pick from any tree, but once selected you lock out everything else in that row, horizontally.

This is exactly what I thought should have been done with the CoH2 commander system.

Alternatively/additionally I've thought commanders could be sorted into a few different categories to aid in balancing.
So for instance youd havr offensive, defensive, and support commanders. Or infantry, armor, and logistics or something. You'd be able to pick one from each category.

Most existing coh2 commanders fall under some common themes or have considerable overlap. This method could help constrain redundant/imbalanced options as well.
20 Mar 2018, 16:42 PM

this system sounds highly abusable and hard to balance
21 Mar 2018, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2018, 18:33 PMKatitof

That plus PaK43 LITERALLY uses 88.

Lots of guns use 9mm rounds, are they all the same?
21 Mar 2018, 15:39 PM

Lots of guns use 9mm rounds, are they all the same?

Donno, does it make a difference to you if you get shot by beretta or luger?
They all serve the exact same purpose and so does coh1 88 and coh2 pak43.
Only difference here is one was for braindead people(I mained PE in coh1, just so you know) and another requires 3rd grader micro level.
Phy
21 Mar 2018, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2018, 17:27 PMKatitof

It is. Just not fully automated.
Its called PaK43.

88's could take down planes in coh1.
Pak43 can't in coh2.

:romeoPls:
21 Mar 2018, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2018, 16:03 PMPhy

88's could take down planes in coh1.
Pak43 can't in coh2.

:romeoPls:

And remind me, how often did it prevented any of these single pass recon runs and strafes?
Only PE had an actual airstrike that mattered.
But if you want to have AA at that point, place a single 222 next to it, there, AT and AA.
21 Mar 2018, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2018, 15:39 PMKatitof

(I mained PE in coh1, just so you know) and another requires 3rd grader micro level.

I knew u were a Wehraboo in hiding :snfBarton:
21 Mar 2018, 17:49 PM

I would be interested in seeing a weight system where abilities carry a score and you have a maximum weight score. You would have a large pool of abilities to choose from. Though I am worried this would lead to massive forum wars regarding the score of certain abilities vs others and not only would it be a pain in the ass to balance but it would also be a real easy way to paywall/dlc should lelic decide to go that route. Looking at you expo exclusive commanders that I had to buy off ebay cause i don't live on the US coasts.

22 Mar 2018, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2018, 16:38 PMKatitof

And remind me, how often did it prevented any of these single pass recon runs and strafes?
Only PE had an actual airstrike that mattered.
But if you want to have AA at that point, place a single 222 next to it, there, AT and AA.

I don't see Pak43s autoaiming 360 noscope infantry kills though.:snfBarton:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak