Login

russian armor

Need advice. USF v OKW.

9 Mar 2018, 05:46 AM

USF v OKW. Infantry v Spec Ops.

Need advice on dealing with blob sweep. Most of my Riflemen were wiped by Sturm and Volks clump that go directly against their retreat path. What should have I done differently to avoid the wipes?

Lost 6? 7? Riflemen. The statistics say 9 but it seems to count re-crewing abandoned weapons as a casualty.

Additional critique is welcome. Thanks in advance.
9 Mar 2018, 05:47 AM

I'll give it a look sometime this weekend or next week.
12 Mar 2018, 09:13 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I may give this a look over as well. I'll probably look at it Wednesday evening at the earliest, though!

Dave, you go ahead and do your thing and if you get a chance to look at it before I do, I'd say that you probably have better insight than I so I probably won't do it, then :unsure:
23 Mar 2018, 03:07 AM

Hope this still helps and sorry for the (very) late response. Moving on. :oops:

I'll start with the good and that is your micro usage seems to be fair and you try and take advantage of cover when there is a engagement. You also used mines (and tried to plant more) from Infantry company which is rare to see and can really help bleed and force off Volksgrenadier squads. Light vehicle micro was good too and never overextended or allowed to be faust once as far as I could tell.

Now, you left some squads too long in some engagements and lost them, AFK squads which got wiped, and so forth. That is purely player experience and only can get better the more you play so don't fret about it.

I wouldn't go mortar if you went Infantry or Mech company as the mortar half track is excellent and allows you to res position quickly across the map. WP rounds also help clear garrisons faster and deny a area access.

On weapon upgrades never mix and match weapons as it isn't worth it. Always duel equip Bazooka's or BARs or one BAR and one LMG. On Urban heavy maps it pays to have a mobile AT squad than a AT gun as to prevent vehicles from flanking and neutralizing AT guns. RE's also are more suited to being Bazooka carriers unless you are truly desperate for some more AI firepower. They're decent with weapon upgrades as they are good defensive infantry than but Rifles have far better combat power and that doesn't include veterancy to boot.

Always try and take note of your opponents preferred way to play such as this OKW player liking to group his units together and cut off retreats. Again something which you'll pick up the longer you play and gain more experience.

Hope this helps.
24 Mar 2018, 13:27 PM

Hope this still helps and sorry for the (very) late response. Moving on. :oops ...

Thank you. I’ll try to keep these in mind in future matches.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★