Login

russian armor

OKW Handheld AT solution.

PAGES (7)down
5 Mar 2018, 11:59 AM

im alter my post: their is no one toy in german faction which hasnt the allies too, except a camo MG (lol).
5 Mar 2018, 12:09 PM

im alter my post: their is no one toy in german faction which hasnt the allies too, except a camo MG (lol).

Demo charges on wheels. Snipers with suppression. Cloaking tank destroyers. The last remaining medium armor call-in in the game.
5 Mar 2018, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2018, 12:09 PMLago

Demo charges on wheels. Snipers with suppression. Cloaking tank destroyers. The last remaining medium armor call-in in the game.

Allies have cloaking TDS. Is any of this remotely relevant to OKW Handheld AT.
5 Mar 2018, 12:15 PM

Is any of this remotely relevant to OKW Handheld AT.

Ask ullumulu. They keep bringing it up.
5 Mar 2018, 14:22 PM

i would like to have the option to give the sturmpio a second shrek (like the replacement shrek when the pgren loses one). maybe for a decreased price (say 75) for the 2nd shrek
5 Mar 2018, 14:41 PM

That'd be 165 munitions for both.

Removing the mutual exclusivity between Panzerschreck and Minesweeper would do. The Sturmpioneer Panzershreck wouldn't be half bad if it didn't cost your ability to minesweep.
5 Mar 2018, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2018, 14:41 PMLago
That'd be 165 munitions for both.

Removing the mutual exclusivity between Panzerschreck and Minesweeper would do. The Sturmpioneer Panzershreck wouldn't be half bad if it didn't cost your ability to minesweep.

Essentially requires you to build 2 strums in which id prefer another volk instead honestly.

Id say making the strums able to tech both would be nice.
8 Mar 2018, 15:53 PM

I think the general frustration with OKW AT infantry is that Sturmpios have too many responsibilities. Sturm pios cannot be engaged as a shrek squad if I need to repair tanks, not to mention they lose the ability to sweep mines. Its a circular issue (tank hits mine>Sturm repair, no sweep, repeat).
8 Mar 2018, 19:51 PM

To releave some of the sturms duties we could try making one of the trucks repair... Oh wait
10 Mar 2018, 04:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2018, 12:14 PMVipper

Allies have cloaking TDS. Is any of this remotely relevant to OKW Handheld AT.

jackson can't cloak

firefly can't cloak

Su-85 can't cloak

isu-152 can't cloak

the only cloaking anti-tank weapon the allies have is the zis gun with doctrine ability.
10 Mar 2018, 04:31 AM

There's the lame ass "turn into not-at-all-conspicuous bushes" cloak that soviet gets with the one doctrine (tank hunters I think). All tanks can do that tho, not just the su-85.
10 Mar 2018, 08:39 AM

jackson can't cloak

firefly can't cloak

Su-85 can't cloak

isu-152 can't cloak

the only cloaking anti-tank weapon the allies have is the zis gun with doctrine ability.

Check patch notes soviet vehicles can now cloak and even get better bonuses than JP from vet 0.

But again this is rather irrelevant to the OKW hand held weapons.
11 Mar 2018, 04:33 AM

There's the lame ass "turn into not-at-all-conspicuous bushes" cloak that soviet gets with the one doctrine (tank hunters I think). All tanks can do that tho, not just the su-85.

thanks you for be helpful and actually pointing out the doctrine. I found the ability in the store and checked. I don't have the tank hunter doctrine itself.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2018, 08:39 AMVipper

Check patch notes soviet vehicles can now cloak and even get better bonuses than JP from vet 0.

But again this is rather irrelevant to the OKW hand held weapons.

the Su-85 can only cloak with the help of a one specific doctrine. this is close to arguing on semantic.
11 Mar 2018, 09:41 AM

the Su-85 can only cloak with the help of a one specific doctrine. this is close to arguing on semantic.

I was replaying to post about "Demo charges on wheels" which is only available to specific doctrine also.

That fact remain that Soviet can cloak their vehicles and ATGs also. And they get first strike bonuses from vet 0.
11 Mar 2018, 23:41 PM

let us get back on track.

Stormpioneer currently have four job fight inf, repair, fight tank, and mine sweep.

however, the Spio's fighting effectiveness falls off toward mid-late game as line infantry get their weapon upgrade. The duty of fighting tank and minesweeper is also mutually exclusive.

The schreck and minesweeper should be purchasable together. This is a fair upgrade because RE and sapper can do the same with the sweeper and PIAT/zooka. The double upgrade also neutered the stormpio's role as infantry fighter since they will have lose 50% of their mp44.
12 Mar 2018, 03:01 AM

Sturms role to fight infantry is already limited to the early stages of the game, when they start losing effectiveness against infantry is about the time that they are needed for AT/sweeping and repairs. Around the time sturms start to lose impact is when volks hit their stride so pushing sturms to other duties isnt an issue.

Sturms have alot of roles, but not REALLY all at once. Repairs can be covered by a building, they get outpaced for fighting and since AT amd sweeping are exclusive its up to the player to decide if they want hip fire rockets or to fear no mines. I dont agree with double duty because it makes less choice (plus 4 man squad with 50% ai and a slew of munitions is just asking for whine threads about how easily munitions can go to waste)

Decisions are GOOD
Do it all units are not
13 Mar 2018, 16:54 PM

let us get back on track.

The schreck and minesweeper should be purchasable together. This is a fair upgrade because RE and sapper can do the same with the sweeper and PIAT/zooka. The double upgrade also neutered the stormpio's role as infantry fighter since they will have lose 50% of their mp44.

Quick note is that the sweeper can get swapped for a mp44 in the current iteration of it, therefore they would technically only lose 25%
14 Mar 2018, 01:21 AM

Quick note is that the sweeper can get swapped for a mp44 in the current iteration of it, therefore they would technically only lose 25%

a fair point but the sturmpio still lose most of their effectiveness against infantry by the late game. By the time the okw would be fielding minesweeper+schreck the sturm would have retired from frontline combat, giving the role to the volks/ober.

the mp44 on the sturm is different from the ones on the panzer grenadier or volks. Really both panzergrenadier and sturm struggle to be relevant in the game.
14 Mar 2018, 02:44 AM

Sturms do have pretty gpod rec acc, not as good as tommies of course but sturms can sit at long range behind cover or up to 5 models and tommies have to close to be effective (o wait)

But seriously i think a small sturm rework would go a long way. Now that okw have lost most of their initial flavour i think their new direction COULD be about infantry specializations. Sturms could upgrade for AI, AT, or support. Volks could be long range auxillary infantry, assault infantry or anti garrison, obers are obers

They have specialized vehicles that excel in their roles but their infantry is all slightly different flavours of bleh that are MOSTLY unrefined and provides little diversity despite there being 3 potent squads available (vs the 1 or 2 of other factions)
15 Mar 2018, 03:51 AM

Sturms do have pretty gpod rec acc, not as good as tommies of course but sturms can sit at long range behind cover or up to 5 models and tommies have to close to be effective (o wait)

But seriously i think a small sturm rework would go a long way. Now that okw have lost most of their initial flavour i think their new direction COULD be about infantry specializations. Sturms could upgrade for AI, AT, or support. Volks could be long range auxillary infantry, assault infantry or anti garrison, obers are obers

They have specialized vehicles that excel in their roles but their infantry is all slightly different flavours of bleh that are MOSTLY unrefined and provides little diversity despite there being 3 potent squads available (vs the 1 or 2 of other factions)

The sturmpio's long range firepower is pretty mediocre, even if they can survive at long range.

In addition, the Okw shouldn't really need sturm for anti-infantry duty by late game. The volks and ober practically fill the need for infantry combat. There's no reason to crowd the faction with sturm as well.

Giving the sturm to double equip schreck+sweeper would benefit the okw alot better significantly since mp44 volks is enough for most purposes.

The higher population on the storm also mean the okw struggle to effectively maintain minesweeper coverage.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS