Login

russian armor

Mr. Smith, what made you change your mind?

• This thread is locked
27 Feb 2018, 15:13 PM

I uncovered a long forgotten topic back from the days when Mr. Smith was not yet a modder: https://www.coh2.org/topic/52470/mod-request-garrisonable-mortar-pits

And guess what, it's about the mortar pit.

So my question is straight to the point, Mr. Smith, why did you change your mind about the mortar pit back then, this was your idea as well as mine and Svanh's (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696397870 NoMoreSimCity, made by him), but Planet Smasher made it a reality and made you a contributor on his workshop submission.

What was it that made you try to experiment with the Mortar pit further instead of using your first idea?

Just for the record, this is not a personal attack topic, it's just here for a question and to prove once and for all that I'm not some sort of psychopath mad man that keeps repeating himself but that one of the major figures in balancing CoH2 right now had this idea as well.

Note: I had no part in this, it was just an idea I had but didn't know that somebody also had it and made it, Svanh helped me with this small experiment: https://www.coh2.org/topic/62733/would-you-like-to-test-the-artillery-pit-in-the-fbp after which I found Planet Smasher's mod on the workshop.
27 Feb 2018, 15:19 PM

Just for the record, this is not a personal attack topic

Don't fool yourself, this is just an attempt to blame Smith openly. If you were really interested in his personal opinion without the wish to expose him, then you would have just written him a PM.
27 Feb 2018, 15:21 PM

Don't fool yourself, this is just an attempt to blame Smith openly. If you were really interested in his personal opinion without the wish to expose him, then you would have just written him a PM.

I actually thought about that as well, however I just wanted an open discussion here as to see why he decided not to include it in the DBP, it wasn't even tested.

I'm just wondering, that's all. If the moderators really think that I'm personally attacking him just close this topic, I also have him on Steam, simple as that.
27 Feb 2018, 15:38 PM

ib4Scope :snfQuinn:

Mod team did a lot of advanced yoga to work around the scope, for better or for worse.
27 Feb 2018, 15:44 PM

ib4Scope :snfQuinn:

Mod team did a lot of advanced yoga to work around the scope, for better or for worse.

Possible, altho again as I said they tested 1 mortar emplacements with the upgrade to 2nd mortar but I guess they abandoned it for some reason as well.

This is why I wanted this open discussion instead of me just sending him a PM on here or messaging him on Steam.
27 Feb 2018, 15:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Off topic: Havn't seen Mr. Smith around for awhile :thinking: Hope he's doing alright. :(
27 Feb 2018, 15:59 PM

Off topic: Havn't seen Mr. Smith around for awhile :thinking: Hope he's doing alright. :(

Probably just work/college/life in general, I know the feeling that as well.

Another thing to note about this is that it's interesting that back in May 2016 he wasn't yet a modder, fast forward an year and a half and he's already one of the people in lead of balancing the game.

Pretty spectacular stuff if you ask me.
27 Feb 2018, 16:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Play the ball please, not the man. viz post #2

/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L