Login

russian armor

Filtering kill actions

23 Feb 2018, 23:32 PM

Hi, i have a unit with a kill_action under the combat_ext. This action has a couple of requirement actions in it, because i want it to do different things, depending on the type of enemy unit killed. Now this would be easy to do if the check was for my OWN units, but i don't know how filter through enemy units.

Each of the mentioned requirement actions has a unit_type check, to see if the killed unit is infantry or vehicle...but i think that just makes it check what type of unit MY unit is.

So, how do i check for enemy unit type killed?
24 Feb 2018, 10:39 AM

The solution you are looking for is something like this: https://www.coh2.org/topic/62816/modifying-veterancy-system

Basically you have to put a hitpoints check on the target of every possible weapon.

I can't really think of a different way to solve this.
2 Mar 2018, 12:30 PM

Ok so i followed the instructions in that thread, and tried out a post_damage action on a certain weapon. While it did work, the problem was getting it to work only when the enemy was actually killed by that weapon, and not just had taken damage from it. I first tried the health requirement, and set both max and min health to 0, but that didn't work. I then tried the required_critical for each critical possible (like when a soldier dies), but that didn't work either.

What am i missing here?
3 Mar 2018, 05:17 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would stay away from that kind of system, due to possible problems with performance. Doing a check each time a hit is applied would slow things down quite alot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 81
Germany 25
United States 24
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %