Login

russian armor

Need advice. Dealing with snipers.

20 Feb 2018, 13:20 PM

When I face a sniper, I move my Riflemen away or retreat them if they get shot at by one - especially if I am capturing points. Decapping instead of capturing if the sniper is nearby, so as not to incur too much loses.

To actually deal with it, I try rushing an M20. Then try to hunt the sniper down. The blasted schmuck is hard to kill however, running away like Usain Bolt. This strategy rarely ever pays out. Then I would have to deal with 222s and sometimes I take it down and sometimes I don’t. Regardless the sniper is still there.

I am seriously reconsider going for LT to deal with a sniper. Though with the sniper present, going for the captain feels a bit like ‘so near yet so far - hurry up my boys are being picked off’.

Planting cheeky mines using Riflemen is something I’m thinking of but these things usually get stepped on by grenadiers or pioneers.

I use Airborne, Infantry and Riflemen companies. I tend to go for Infantry nowadays.

Anyways, what are addional countermeasures against snipers?
20 Feb 2018, 13:40 PM

The coolest trick I have seen, is to make a mortar. You have the 1/100 chance you may actually hit the sniper and kill it. And you have the smoke option, which is key. They cant shoot what they cant see. the smoke may also let you push with rifles to get a better chance to run it down.
20 Feb 2018, 15:13 PM

mortar isn't an option, ost sniper has 82 hp vs 80 mortar damage, disregarding the insane RNG that comes with it.

Best bet is shotblockers, smoke and good use of the m20 (don't waste it the first time you rush the sniper, just force it off, wait for the 222 and kill that with say, 50 calls and zooka, then keep probing and hunting for an oppertunity).

And if you can, try a bunker, snipers are useless vs that.
20 Feb 2018, 15:20 PM

Personally I think early game the best thing to do versus snipers is to simply split up your troops across the map and capture as much as you can. Riflemen are generally better than Grens, and if he went sniper, he will most definitely have less infantry than you. So send all your riflemen around to capture and harass the map - force off any grenadiers you can that are alone, and keep your eye out for the sniper. If the sniper takes shots at a rifle, don't retreat right away - this lets the sniper move on to a new target. Instead, hide the rifle behind shot blockers to stall for time. The sniper either will have to find a new way to shoot you, or move on, either way, you are decreasing the effectiveness of it; if it moves on, you just continue to cap again, if it tries to keep hunting the riflemen, you can keep dodging it, thus wasting its time.

Eventually, ideally, you will get lucky. Either an M20 will flank it and kill it, or your riflemen will.

Most often I find that once your riflemen have double bars, it takes only 2 seconds of sloppiness for the Wehrmacht to lose the sniper. Once you flank it with the 2x BAR rifle squad, the sniper should die.

Don't go overboard early game though. You wont win the manpower war early game, so don't be aggressive. Use the advantage that you have in early game: more squads -> more map control
20 Feb 2018, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2018, 15:20 PMNosliw

Eventually, ideally, you will get lucky. Either an M20 will flank it and kill it, or your riflemen will.

Most often I find that once your riflemen have double bars, it takes only 2 seconds of sloppiness for the Wehrmacht to lose the sniper. Once you flank it with the 2x BAR rifle squad, the sniper should die.

Nothing more fun than watching a sniper live at 2 hp, after you pulled of the perfect flank.
20 Feb 2018, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2018, 15:13 PMzarok47
mortar isn't an option, ost sniper has 82 hp vs 80 mortar damage, disregarding the insane RNG that comes with it.

Thus the 1/100 statement.

Best bet is shotblockers, smoke and good use of the m20

Smoke from the mortar is the main reason to make it. And you get the added effect of hitting MGs or other units on the field.

And if you can, try a bunker, snipers are useless vs that.

I usually make bunkers as well. But I play 4v4 so the bunkers are less likely to get flanked.
5 Mar 2018, 08:41 AM

Nothing you can do.USF simply doesn't have any hard-counters for snipers. Just try to pull attacks much quicker, cos sniper gonna bleed your MP. This means try to avoid capping under sniper fire, do not try to stall your opponents - thats what snipers are usually built for. Oh yeah, you can try 3 rifles-LT-M20 build. Forces Ost to play with sniper much more cautious.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★