Login

russian armor

New meta since patch

20 Feb 2018, 02:22 AM

Poor Euan, just wanted information on the current meta and instead he got a pissing match. From what I've see in 1v1. Generally speaking the reworked commanders and stuff that got a buff are more common now.

OKW - Battlegroup is much more common - either Flak HT or a fast P4 seems to be the norm. I hardly see Luches rush anymore. Luff Ground Forces is much more common now but old mainstays like Scavenge and Spec Ops haven't gone anywhere.

USF - Mechanized and Recon are viable but other than that much hasn't changed- LT builds might be more common now that you don't have to worry about Luches every match. Armor has kind of fallen out of favor even though it's still pretty good. I feel like Infantry Company is newly popular.

Soviets - Conscript builds seem to be favored and Guards are pretty popular as well now that they aren't trash. Overall pretty flexible in what is a viable build now. Probably the hardest faction to predict a strategy from I'd say.

Ostheer - G43 grens seem to be most popular- lots of jaeger infantry because Jeager Command squad is love and life. Lightning War and Elite Troops are also frequently seen still. Overall strategies haven't changed much except you see more people teching T3 into T4 now if they can swing the fuel for Brumbar or Panther.

Brits - Commander picks haven't been shaken up much - still lots of Vanguard, SPecial Weapons, Mobile Assault (Commando is actually viable and used now though). Emplacements aren't really that great or used frequently from what I've seen. UC is a bit more popular. Hammer is still >> Anvil. Brits were mostly just made less cheesy. Their lack of snare and indirect fire options are still a headache when you play as them.

Hope that helps.

+1

Great feedback. I think that is what I have been seeing as well.
21 Feb 2018, 22:37 PM

only thing thats really cancer this patch are loiters from all factions. Still can be broken as fuck on some maps as you cant move from the circle in time to avoid most of it. OST one still isnt correctly fixed as far as tracking units out side of the circle. Some of them are too cheap making them spammable. Especially on team games with multiple of them spammed it gets just rediculous. AA vehicles are somewhat more effective but not always.
21 Feb 2018, 23:17 PM

Yea, wouldnt mind seeing a good AA overhaul. Something reliable. Only thing i could see being a problem is that the brits are super limited in AA if they dont go bofors. Perhaps replacing the forward assemblys arty with a limited "airsupport" ability (have planes fly a loiter for visual effect but have the assembly basicly use an invisible 222 gun or something.) Just cause full tech and 100 fuel is a bit much but potent Air power imo is a good direction as long as AA does its job and is relatively accesable for all
21 Feb 2018, 23:18 PM

Well the brits do have the centaur...
21 Feb 2018, 23:57 PM

Well the brits do have the centaur...

Which requires a full tech and 100 fuel (as addressed in my post)
Okw can get AA in med truck (even back teching and getting it is cheaper than just the centaur)
Soviet have the m5 quad, with demos removed they should have the munitions
Usf have their AA HT, also pretty cheap even to back tech for. Also pintles on shermans
Ost has the 222 which is formidable and cheap as AA and every tank and its dog has a pintle.

Brits DO have the bofors but with it being possible to lock out i think an earlier less effective alternative should be accessible if an overhaul were to happen
22 Feb 2018, 00:54 AM

True, though except for recon passes, all of these AA units tend to be available by the time planes are.

Planes start to enter the picture as (or after) all of the above mentioned units have lost their shock value.

Other than the pintle MGs, the Centaur probably scales most effectively into the lategame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★