Login

russian armor

Help. Something's weird with the tools.

13 Feb 2018, 12:24 PM

I have an ability that behaves like the Grenadier Rifle Grenade ability. It works, well, worked is the better word to use, because now it doesn't work for some reason. Whenever I would try to use it in-game the ability will be 'Ability Is Active' and the soldier will equip the accessory_weapon, but the soldier won't fire it. He'll just stand there and do nothing.

I've only made one change to the ability, and I removed that change completely. For all I know, the ability is in the same state as it is before I made that one change (and removed it). But now it looks like there's something phantom going on that's not allowing the ability to work (because it's supposed to work)? Did the game itself update something in or is it just me that's having this problem?

Please help. I've been at this for hours trying to get an ability that used to work, to work.
13 Feb 2018, 17:13 PM

You may have a referenceID that's hanging from when you 'completely' removed that change.

What was the one change you made and then removed?
14 Feb 2018, 21:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The patch could have changed the rifle grenade in some way, and that could be interfering with your changes. Did you clone/copy the ability without changing the name or directory? If so, you might want to clone it again, give it a different name, and see if that works.
15 Feb 2018, 04:42 AM

You may have a referenceID that's hanging from when you 'completely' removed that change.

What was the one change you made and then removed?

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 21:03 PMLugie
The patch could have changed the rifle grenade in some way, and that could be interfering with your changes. Did you clone/copy the ability without changing the name or directory? If so, you might want to clone it again, give it a different name, and see if that works.

God I swear this Tools is botched.

I decided to just do a new one, cloning from the Rifle Grenade ability as a 1:1 copy w/ just the changes in the slot_item. Thanks for the help 2 of u.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★