Login

russian armor

Relic leaves Dawn of War 3 behind

9 Feb 2018, 12:13 PM
Patrion 14

I will continue to provide tech support to anyone that may need it on official forum and will continue to host tournaments via battlefy for dow3.Relic entertainment is one of the most generous companies i have ever dealt with in the industry,and i know they will sponsor many more tournaments to come.

Tech support?
9 Feb 2018, 19:40 PM

Only took them 7 months to realize something that was obvious after the 2nd month of release and the game having a 50%+ return rate on steam.
http://steamcharts.com/app/285190#All
9 Feb 2018, 19:53 PM
Donator 33

Only took them 7 months to realize something that was obvious after the 2nd month of release and the game having a 50%+ return rate on steam.
http://steamcharts.com/app/285190#All

What's your source on the return rate - not challenging, just curious.
9 Feb 2018, 20:14 PM

What's your source on the return rate - not challenging, just curious.

Relic.
9 Feb 2018, 20:46 PM
Donator 33

damn...
9 Feb 2018, 23:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Hardly think there is anyone who didn't saw that coming. I hope they are successful with AoE4 and what lies beyond!
10 Feb 2018, 04:26 AM

COH3 with a soviet faction with OKW's unit variation
10 Feb 2018, 06:28 AM
Patrion 310

LOL Arch Warhammer responding to Relic/Sega Eurogamer press release (giving Relic leaders/game designers the middle finger);

To be fair, Benjamin Boudreau Relic's Communications Manager did a good job answering fan questions at the DoW3 forum.
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/15995/well-relic-q-a
Core responsibilities:
- team management (community managers, communications coordinators)
- strategic planning (media relations, public relations, brand/marketing)
- communications coaching (media training, interview prep, internal communications)
- stakeholder management (studio, development, and marketing team leads, licensors, etc.)

But where the hell is the studio leaders? Sitting in a bunker somewhere?

This DoW3 mess ain't over until Relic get some new leaders.
Until then, I sincerely hope MS/Sega will do some more Relic oversight or these leaders are going to fuck up again.

10 Feb 2018, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 04:26 AMUGBEAR
COH3 with a soviet faction with OKW's unit variation

I completely agree, I'm not going to buy the same Britons and Americans for the third time.
10 Feb 2018, 13:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge

It was only a matter of time after the swift deterioration of DoW3's playerbase in the first 2 months after release. On the one hand the game itself could not keep players staying and on the other hand no strong community fortress was built up being attractive enough to maintain a decent playerbase.
10 Feb 2018, 13:45 PM

LOL Arch Warhammer responding to Relic/Sega Eurogamer press release (giving Relic leaders/game designers the middle finger)

Given the fact that he was a major contributor in death of dow3 by turning away thousands of potential players with his bullshit of a review, I'm sure he is happy.

People who know lore and nothing else while being completely detached from gaming should never review games, but that's not how yt and influencers work.

Sadly, 40k is a complete dead end for any game designer and with DOW series being murdered, there is absolutely nothing to look forward to in regards to 40k games.
10 Feb 2018, 13:55 PM
Benefactor 115

eh you gotta admit they fucked up the campaign and the hero damage was whack (losing thousands of req to one spell is super cool) at launch.

Relic should have had beta tests a lot earlier to make sure the game was a lot better prior to release, they fucked it up. You cant blame the community when the sales in the first month were really good but then the players just dropped off a cliff, the game wasn't up to snuff.

What I am surprised about is that they have chosen not to bother with the game at all going forward which is unusual for them.
10 Feb 2018, 14:03 PM

Well, relic pulled a classic on this one, ignoring player feedback, ignoring the need to longer, larger scale tests.

Balance is never good at the start of any rts game, so I'm not really going to bash them for that, especially since they did released patches frequently and improved it relatively quickly.

Relic is equally to blame as the spiteful "reviewers".

I also believe the game would never get as much flak as it got if during one of pre-release interviews, whoever was being interviewed did NOT mentioned "MOBA influence" in any way.
10 Feb 2018, 14:04 PM

Some could see this coming ever since the first screenshot and the first information was revealed.

Now lets see how AoE4 will turn out...
10 Feb 2018, 14:07 PM
Benefactor 115

nah, its mostly Relic's fault.

This is what happens when nepotism and materialism takes hold of your business.
10 Feb 2018, 14:18 PM

Now lets see how AoE4 will turn out...

I admire the optimism of people who actually believe AoE4 will be anything more then microsofts marketing tool to sell more win10, just like Halo Wars 2 is.
10 Feb 2018, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 14:18 PMKatitof

I admire the optimism of people who actually believe AoE4 will be anything more then microsofts marketing tool to sell more win10, just like Halo Wars 2 is.

AeE4 is much more then that, if you don't know it you must be very very young.
10 Feb 2018, 14:30 PM

AeE4 is much more then that, if you don't know it you must be very very young.

I'm not letting my nostalgia cloud my senses and I'm not going to pretend that they are going to make AoE2 with AAA graphics, like DoW1 fanboys believed DoW3 will be.

And if you do the same, you'll cry less tears when it'll get released.
10 Feb 2018, 17:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 13:45 PMKatitof

Sadly, 40k is a complete dead end for any game designer and with DOW series being murdered, there is absolutely nothing to look forward to in regards to 40k games.

You mean, 40K Relic's games are dead. I don't think there would be an issue if CA decided to release a Total War based on 40K or another devs to work on something like SP space marine.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 14:30 PMKatitof
I'm not letting my nostalgia cloud my senses and I'm not going to pretend that they are going to make AoE2 with AAA graphics, like DoW1 fanboys believed DoW3 will be.

Till we see any teaser with some gameplay, i'll hope they don't make the same mistake as with AoE3. I mean, someone on MS should tell them that:

Bruce Shelley, founder of series creator Ensemble Studios, explained that the developer had tried too hard to reinvent the series and broken the game in the process.

"With Age of Empires 3 we tried all of these new ideas," he said. "I think it was a huge mistake."

"We wanted to create something that was 30 per cent the same, 30 per cent borrowed and 30 per cent innovative. I think we tried to do too much."
10 Feb 2018, 17:23 PM

You mean, 40K Relic's games are dead. I don't think there would be an issue if CA decided to release a Total War based on 40K or another devs to work on something like SP space marine.

Which 40k game does good and aren't dead again?
Its not Eternal crusade.
Its not Space Hulk Deathwing.
Its not Battlefleet Gothic Armada.
Its not that other Space Hulk game.
Its not Sanctus Reach.
Not Space wolf.
Not Armageddon.
Not Rigicide.
Not Deathwatch Killteam.
While Inquisitor Martyr is not out yet, its going to be a MASSIVE surprise if it won't die within 2-3 months given what it offers and how massively bugged and content lacking it is(they want to release it before end of March).

So, you say relics 40k is only dead?

Till we see any teaser with some gameplay, i'll hope they don't make the same mistake as with AoE3. I mean, someone on MS should tell them that:

http://coub.com/view/ww1a3

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS