Login

russian armor

1v1 Need advice on strategies

6 Feb 2018, 03:56 AM

Been playing UKF for a while and I have some difficulty using this faction.

Which commanders are best used in 1 v 1?

Which maps do UKF struggle in and which maps should I veto?

What are solid build orders?

The build order I usually follow and general strategies without commander selected :

IS - IS - MG - IS - Upgrade - Medic Upgrade - RE - A mine or two on roads - MG or RE -

if facing light vehicles AEC upgrade then AEC - if I have some resource surplus I go for a mortar emplacement or a medic forward position a bit inside the base.If I have a medic at the base I usually go for pyrotechnics and use those to clear garrisons or deny a vp.

Upgrade - Cromwell - AT Gun - Infantry Bolster Upgrade - Firefly or Upgrade to Hammer and then Comet

Then pray to the gods - Freestyle.

The commanders I used are the one with the Land Bed, the one with the Boys, and the one with the angry wood planes and typhoon things.

I have problems dealing with units using Assault Rifles. When they charge and get a bit close, re-positioning my infantry seem to only have a nominal effect. Always get pushed back. Garrisoning building are also a bit difficult when they hug the garrison and shoot everybody up inside.

Is it me or UKF opening is a bit slow? I have to group them together in one section of the map in the first few minutes in the fear of facing Assault Rifles.
6 Feb 2018, 18:29 PM

One thing that's a bitch to deal with as Wehrmacht in urban areas is the Universal Troop Carrier. Upgrade it with the flamethrower and you don't really need to worry about infantry/MGs in buildings.

I may be wrong but from what I've read Brit infantry gets a bonus in cover so don't be afraid to lose a few squad models if they're in green/yellow. For the OKW Sturmgewehrs are a pretty hefty investment at sixty munitions so if you manage to wipe a squad it'll mean that you probably won't have another to deal with for a while. Assault Pioneers come standard with StGs but are squishy as hell so just survive their onslaught and flank them from behind.
6 Feb 2018, 18:46 PM
6 Feb 2018, 19:50 PM

For commanders I'd take vanguard, special weapons, and mobile assault. Vanguard has really great abilities all around - glider for cheap elite assault infantry and forward retreat/healing point and finishing into crocodile is hard to argue with and my choice commander for most of my games. Special weapons has been coming into meta in a big way with infantry heavy builds being the go to for a lot of people: the tank hunter sections (tip: upgrade with artillery flares as it improves their line of sight to the boys at rifle's max range) can fend off light vehicles until you get at guns, the half track meshes perfectly with heavy infantry tactics as you can use it reinforce your large force on the go (although it does cost more MP than back at base now) as well as drop weapons without weapon rack tech to turn your Tommies into chainsaws, the doctrine also has an incredibly powerful artillery call in that can pretty much kill a schwerer HQ with a little support, and ends in croc to finish them off. Mobile assault is great for urban maps, follow your described build order but go for two royal engineers and get flamethrowers for durable anti-garrison that will open the map up for your tommies/mg, infiltration commandos are a little weak now as they only enter the battlefield in a 3 man squad with the light gammon on cool down so their a lot more situational that most other infiltrator squads (however, they do heal up to 5 man squads, so better scaling. Furthermore, remember that commandos can fire lmg's on the move - don't be afraid to put brens on them), land mattress a pretty good artillery piece but no longer dominant in meta, being the only commander choice without the option for crocodile or other late game abilities moves it down the list for me, though.

Beyond that, the buffs to commando doctrine makes it more viable than it used to be and has a role besides "worse version of vanguard" with the changes to mortar cover/air supremacy operation making them pretty solid abilities now.

On build orders, the one you've got is pretty good, but there's a couple ways you could improve it. If you want to go for more sections that'd help with your feeling about brits being slow - as mentioned earlier, section heavy builds are pretty dominant now and dominate the early game by virtue of the IS being the strongest line infantry in the game. To compliment this, move your bolster sections upgrade to early mid-game and your opponent will struggle to move you at all. The second possibility is to go for a sniper - the british sniper is very strong and can turn tank engagements. His target weak point ability stops tanks from rotating their turret which means they don't get to make a lot of their shots - the most common engagement this changes is the AEC vs P4 matchup if your opponent rushes medium tanks and you went AEC, with target weak point you can win this. That being said, it can lock the turret of anything from a Luchs to a King Tiger, so don't forget about it.

On the AEC, it's almost never a bad idea to get it because it shuts down any possibility of light vehicles and is effective against any armor in the game. Like the sniper, his special ability "tread buster" (stops vehicles from moving) works on anything in the game and its gun has crazy high pen for a light vehicle. In addition, its machine guns do enough damage against infantry to be relevant as an infantry support tank.

After that point it's really hard to say because the game gets diverse enough that giving a t3 build order doesn't really help that much - you'll have to play to what's going on the field.

For volks charging your infantry, that's why you bolster early - a five man tommy squad will repulse a volks charging over open cover. In addition, if you give them bren guns it makes it significantly more difficult for them to do..
8 Feb 2018, 06:56 AM

Thank you everyone. Well its up to me now to try use advice put here.

I've read the guide Hector. Though what about Lost Glider's Capture Orders?

Do I put the first MG near the building to my HQ or the Church? Or the building near my fuel?
8 Feb 2018, 07:48 AM
Benefactor 392

best thing to do on lost glider is to veto it
21 Mar 2018, 04:13 AM

best thing to do on lost glider is to veto it

Isn't lost glider like one the highest WRs for UKF?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★