Login

russian armor

Allied Tank Spam

1 Feb 2018, 01:02 AM

Yeah, they lack mobility and I was too dead set on making the Wehrmacht a mobile fighting force (since historically the Germans were pretty much nonstop offense even when retreating). Suppose that's what the OKW is for. Now I realize how sparse Pgrens should be used and that Paks/Stugs should be used in pairs. The biggest problem I had was the fact that they would get easily flanked but that's more of a flawed MG placement on my part.
2 Feb 2018, 09:46 AM

Well i guess after seeing your post you really need to use paks and stug's and you always have the migthy CAS aka skillplanes who is just gonna rekt your ennemy tanks for 200 munition. And well without any micro Kappa.
3 Feb 2018, 18:58 PM

Yeah, they lack mobility and I was too dead set on making the Wehrmacht a mobile fighting force (since historically the Germans were pretty much nonstop offense even when retreating). Suppose that's what the OKW is for. Now I realize how sparse Pgrens should be used and that Paks/Stugs should be used in pairs. The biggest problem I had was the fact that they would get easily flanked but that's more of a flawed MG placement on my part.

If you want mobility/more flexible defense non schrecked pgrens shred allied infantry and are exceptional at countering flanking squads, although they are somewhat squishy and vulnerable to explosives (and expensive). Their stgs are good out to mid range too, unlike the sturmpios'. When on the defensive, I use them as a reserve force to handle any allied infantry that tries to close or flank my hmgs, and I think one of the best feelings in the world is chuckinga bundled nade in the middle of a giant blob. I do also like to keep one schrecked squad around for doing the same but with tanks.

Also, in regards to OP, spammed mediums are pretty easy to faust en masse, allowing your paks and stugs to finish them off from a safe distance, while infantry can be handled with hmgs, grens, and pgrens. Just remember to keep everything supported, as ost relies heavily on combined arms to function at its best.
5 Feb 2018, 06:40 AM

Mines. Busting medium tanks with tellers make them sitting ducks to your at guns.
5 Feb 2018, 11:27 AM

there was a time you could get elefant and jagdtiger for that siruation. however the community wanted to nerf those into uselessness
7 Feb 2018, 02:21 AM

there was a time you could get elefant and jagdtiger for that siruation. however the community wanted to nerf those into uselessness

Jagdtiger and Elefant are still used in the same kind of spot they were before...

They are just worse in finishing of the job now, so they are less independed and focussed more around actual faction/unit composition usage instead of "I got my big unit out so his whole vehicle game is locked down, and each move you try to make results in a tank loss".
2 shotting mediums was just way too hard to deal with in team games... with 2 factions which got nothing more than medium tanks to play with in vanilla techtrees...

I mean, back in the days axis had over 70% winrate in 3v3/4v4 games if I remember correctly.
Just ask yourself why. The lategame lockdown with single units was just way too easy while allied factions had 1) no unit which acts/performs similar to simply mirror the unit setup and 2) had to rely on midgame units and hope to get a proper flanking done.
7 Feb 2018, 04:09 AM

Yes because jagdtiger and elefant were perfectly balanced and weren't op in teamgames at all and definitely had any sort of viable counter.
7 Feb 2018, 06:07 AM
Benefactor 392

paks, mines stugs. with a large amount of tanks there are going to be bad pathing issues with them take that into your advantage.

if you feel like it's not enough make a pgren shrekt squad. but your paks and stugs should do more then enough.

also for them to get so much tanks is probably a fault on your end for allowing them to do such shenanigans and still be behind, if you are behind, at this point you should have a panther and a pak or two.
7 Feb 2018, 21:30 PM

Yes because jagdtiger and elefant were perfectly balanced and weren't op in teamgames at all and definitely had any sort of viable counter.

The JT was rather OP. The Elefant was not. The issue with Elefants were the commander designs that gave access to recon AND stuka dive bomb.

But it was easier to conflate the two together as "heavy TDs" and nerf their ability to do their one job. Since the Elefant became worth much less, the commanders stopped being used.
7 Feb 2018, 22:59 PM

Thanks guys, this is the feedback I was looking for.

Yeah, most of the people in multiplayer are leagues above where I am. I've played this game off and on for about a year (mostly Spearhead mod games vs. friends) and only recently got into multiplayer, so it was a huge paradigm shift compared to the game I'm used to.

Oh god I hate that word... Paradigm :O
#TheoryOfKnowledge
8 Feb 2018, 00:49 AM

Oh god I hate that word... Paradigm :O
#TheoryOfKnowledge

thomas kuhnnnnnn

:S:S:S:S
8 Feb 2018, 18:12 PM

thomas kuhnnnnnn

:S:S:S:S

Oh please, nigguh
14 Feb 2018, 06:28 AM

Why should you be worried when you have the elite of the heavy armor? Tiger, Elefant, Jagdpanther etc. Here is a small incident which explains my opinion that Allied armor is generally inferior to Axis.
We were playing 2 vs 1 with a friend (Soviet/USF vs Wehrmacht). We spammed a lot of tanks (IS, KV, Jacksons, M10s, Shermans, Easy Eights, Calliopes (for support), Sherman (76) and so on. We decided to attack him head on (mistake #1). It was a TERRIBLE idea even with 4 Jacksons sniping them (they are a challenge for German heavy armor, but i didn't use them in a good way). We lost all our tanks to destroy 5-6 of his. He then counter attacked and thanks to my Airborne air support, we obliterated those tanks. Was it worth? Not at all. Also, we were playing in a map with bridges (he chose it without asking us, although he is always talking about manly battles with armor, but all he did was sending air recon and and bombing us with artillery), which is mistake #2.

Pros of the battle :
-Nothing

Cons :
-Terrible micro
-Idling and letting the enemy build the tanks required to take down a battalion of ours
-Map selection from his own side
-Decision to attack German armor head on

Conclusion :
-For every single German tank, you need 5 Allied, and you should expect losing 4.
14 Feb 2018, 15:33 PM

Conclusion :
-For every single German tank, you need 5 Allied, and you should expect losing 4.

In the real war yes but in-game not so much. Elite armor costs a lot of manpower and a fuckton of fuel so by the time he gets a single Tiger or Elefant out you should already have 2-3 T34s or Shermans anyway. I would say you should have just flanked him but you say you're playing on a bridge map which, like you state, was probably a mistake. Bridge maps are fine for AI games but in PvP matches I prefer not to play them because it makes the game a massive stalemate and only rewards the guy that spams arty.

The fact that you had four Jacksons speaks for itself - this game got waaayy out of hand. :D

Also, overall I'd say Allied infantry AT capabilities are better than Axis. Distract him with your medium tanks while your Soviet AT squads suicide in and plant some demo charges.
15 Feb 2018, 04:48 AM

Bridges are a terrible idea for 2 reasons.
1) They can be targeted with attack command or artillery
2) They are so narrow that 2 tanks can't cross it at the same time.

This guy literally plays maps with bridges because he knows that we can gain control of the map and harrass him (especially me with the Airborne company, since CoH1 xD). I'm still trying to find a way to counter his armor attacks.

Jacksons? It's the only solution to challenge this damn German armor (that's why i had 4). Pershings are not that durable. Then goes the Sherman Calliope. Although i dislike the barrage ability at some degree, it's pretty effective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS