Login

russian armor

Redesigning support weapons

12 Jan 2018, 13:30 PM

edited 3:30PM

The idea behind this suggestions is to keep the effectiveness of support units one vs the other while while in the same time reduce the effectiveness vs mainline infantry.

To achieve this propose the following changes:

Target size of HMG/Mortars reduced to 1
HP of HMG/Mortars reduced to 60
Damage of Mortars sniper down to 60.

Certain grenades might need some adjustment also.

With these changes bleed from mortars and sniper will be reduced, while this weapons will remain effective vs support weapons.

In addition flanking and grenades will remain solid counter to them.

An issue will be re-crewed support weapon but imo it will be minor.

Other changes that might included:
slower reinforcement speed
slower cap time
increase in reinforcement cost
12 Jan 2018, 15:55 PM

Certainly something to be included in a CoH3 wishlist, but for CoH2 its kinda late, since some factions are based on a big relliance on support, especially wehr and brits
12 Jan 2018, 17:06 PM

I'd be nice if the MGs needed a 2nd crew member to operate like the mortars, but also be a bit more powerful perhaps.

I'd love the immersion from that.
12 Jan 2018, 18:10 PM

At one point I was working on a mod that utilized the USF tank crew mechanic for team weapons.

Mg teams, mortar teams, atg teams would be able to abandon their team weapon to retreat and preserve their vet.

Any unit would be able to crew and abandon a team weapon, but only the appropriate support team crew would get abilities or offensive vet bonuses when crewing.

So an hmg would only have AP rounds if an mg crew were manning the gun. Only mg crews would impart offensive vet to the mg (faster reload, more suppression etc.)

But a mortar team or engineer squad could man the mg in a pinch. Defensive vet for the entities would always be in effect for the squads.

I never got it working and stopped working on it over a year ago. I might give it another go though one of these days...
13 Jan 2018, 01:03 AM

At one point I was working on a mod that utilized the USF tank crew mechanic for team weapons.

Mg teams, mortar teams, atg teams would be able to abandon their team weapon to retreat and preserve their vet.

Any unit would be able to crew and abandon a team weapon, but only the appropriate support team crew would get abilities or offensive vet bonuses when crewing

So an hmg would only have AP rounds if an mg crew were manning the gun. Only mg crews would impart offensive vet to the mg (faster reload, more suppression etc.)

But a mortar team or engineer squad could man the mg in a pinch. Defensive vet for the entities would always be in effect for the squads.

I never got it working and stopped working on it over a year ago. I might give it another go though one of these days...

This is an interesting idea and something relic should really look at for coh3. Vet in coh was really integral to gameplay where as coh2 it more or less just something that accumulates as the game progresses.

Coh2 is kinda braindead tbh. As inverse would say where are the meaningful decisions ? There are none. I think aside from really giving the game some depth, it would really reward players who could preserve their units.

Having to decide between saving the crew or saving the weapon would really make the game interesting. Being able to choose vet bonuses (like coh PE) would also be really interesting....

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★