Login

russian armor

Lost Gimmicks You MOURN

27 Jan 2018, 07:28 AM
Donator 11

Maybe my memory is shit. But what is direct fire on ISG and Pack Howie? :O

As insaneHoshi said it could fire low arc if there was a possibility. Which is better acc and much shorter time to target. And that is the hell of a difference. It's performance was completely different in direct and indirect modes. This was good for skilled players becouse unit performance depended a lot on positioning - just like mg or pak. On the other hand the performance was very inconsistent between maps and skill levels and that is probably why it has been changed.
27 Jan 2018, 11:34 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

But they sucked right? I mean ram and :gg:

Oh yes the glorious early days when T34s were mainly Kamikaze fighters. I kinda liked that it was fucking hillarious
27 Jan 2018, 11:44 AM

For the first six days after launch there was an odd bug where if you stacked 4 tacos (beef only) on your PC during the loading screen you'd insta-win the game. We kept it hush hush from the community, but I used it to rank up pretty high before we patched it.

Why it only ever worked with beef tacos, we never knew. Why it had to be exactly 4, we could only guess at.
27 Jan 2018, 11:46 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2018, 11:44 AMNoun
For the first six days after launch there was an odd bug where if you stacked 4 tacos (beef only) on your PC during the loading screen you'd insta-win the game. We kept it hush hush from the community, but I used it to rank up pretty high before we patched it.

Why it only ever worked with beef tacos, we never knew. Why it had to be exactly 4, we could only guess at.

You making me hungry over here man
27 Jan 2018, 12:03 PM

There was a taco truck across the street of the studio before the one they're in now called Tacofino, it was delightful. Hmmm... Best part of that studio, which was in an otherwise professional office building filled with lawyers and mining companies and other types who wore suits and thought we were slackers, was the food trucks.
27 Jan 2018, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2018, 12:03 PMNoun
There was a taco truck across the street of the studio before the one they're in now called Tacofino, it was delightful. Hmmm... Best part of that studio, which was in an otherwise professional office building filled with lawyers and mining companies and other types who wore suits and thought we were slackers, was the food trucks.

Were they spicy? Kappa
27 Jan 2018, 23:49 PM

Maybe my memory is shit. But what is direct fire on ISG and Pack Howie? :O

Basically they would shoot certain enemies just like a tank would, the projectile would be quite fast and actually hit vehicles.

Here is an example from the m8 in a game where giap uses the vehicle pretty well. Scott was ridiculously good at release(even though few realized it) but I do think it was something cool and different that they could change how they fired which added to the units depth.

https://youtu.be/IpuFvrMS3NE?t=2049

Pack howie and ISG weren't quite as fast but they at least kinda worked as soft AT, which was intended and why they were so expensive and couldn't retreat to begin with(you can't retreat AT guns)
28 Jan 2018, 01:36 AM

Basically they would shoot certain enemies just like a tank would, the projectile would be quite fast and actually hit vehicles.

Here is an example from the m8 in a game where giap uses the vehicle pretty well. Scott was ridiculously good at release(even though few realized it) but I do think it was something cool and different that they could change how they fired which added to the units depth.

https://youtu.be/IpuFvrMS3NE?t=2049

Pack howie and ISG weren't quite as fast but they at least kinda worked as soft AT, which was intended and why they were so expensive and couldn't retreat to begin with(you can't retreat AT guns)

ImpDane WutFace :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS