Login

russian armor

Too many players left...

PAGES (11)down
27 Aug 2013, 22:32 PM

Barely play anymore myself. One match or to the last month. Had a try again this night, and quikly put the game away again. First match actually worked, but the teams were horibly unbalanced and it killed the fun. Spent another 15 minutes waiting for a game, at wich point one of my teammates quit because of the level difference.

At least I had a great match in vCOH. Found no problem findig games, and best of all, I could choose map and gametype. A rear luxury these days.
27 Aug 2013, 22:38 PM

I don't get all the people complaining about lag and drops. The only time it is an issue is when playing against people in team games who have their settings cranked too high for their own good or have spotty internet connnection. I play on a laptop and don't lag or lose connections ever. I would like to see the game optimized more and have improved unit response but I'm highly sceptical all the lag and drops is due to CoH2 itself. For me, it's a pretty simple equation. I love RTS MP and I don't like SC2 - and I know it usually takes Relic 6+ months to really get their games in good shape. So while I may float in and out playing more or less, I'll be sticking with it and am pretty confident it's only going to improve with age.
27 Aug 2013, 23:09 PM

In contrast, I can play Wargame that has dedicated servers with 20 players a match, experience no deabilitating lag or command delay, and enjoy a smooth experience even if the gameplay isn't as great.

Which is exactly what I've been doing.

See, this is the internet. On the internet people have great connections, people have bad connections, people with good and bad connections connect to eachother all around the world. When you have a P2P system in a situation with more than two people, it falls flat in a game where reaction time is paramount. It. Falls. Flat.

If I'm being told "Well don't play with people from other countries and also don't play more than 1v1 and you're fine!", well, I wish I was told that on the Steam page before I bought the game.
27 Aug 2013, 23:12 PM
Donator 11

Barely play anymore myself. One match or to the last month. Had a try again this night, and quikly put the game away again. First match actually worked, but the teams were horibly unbalanced and it killed the fun. Spent another 15 minutes waiting for a game, at wich point one of my teammates quit because of the level difference.

At least I had a great match in vCOH. Found no problem findig games, and best of all, I could choose map and gametype. A rear luxury these days.

you can choose map now.

I have no lag issues.
28 Aug 2013, 04:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 22:06 PMshifty
The breaking point was ludicrous Goebbels style single player campaign (which I didn't play but was horrified by its review)

Get the fuck off my planet.

Its some peoples exactly that kind of blind belief in something you havent even checked into that led to and enabled Goebbels propaganda success.

Its like saying: "I never met a jew, but some random guy is telling me they are terrible people, so it must be true".

The irony of your attitude is the only thing ludicrous here. You are like history repeating itself.
28 Aug 2013, 05:00 AM
Donator 11

I don't get all the people complaining about lag and drops. The only time it is an issue is when playing against people in team games who have their settings cranked too high for their own good or have spotty internet connnection. I play on a laptop and don't lag or lose connections ever. I would like to see the game optimized more and have improved unit response but I'm highly sceptical all the lag and drops is due to CoH2 itself. For me, it's a pretty simple equation. I love RTS MP and I don't like SC2 - and I know it usually takes Relic 6+ months to really get their games in good shape. So while I may float in and out playing more or less, I'll be sticking with it and am pretty confident it's only going to improve with age.

+1 :)
28 Aug 2013, 11:24 AM

I know it usually takes Relic 6+ months to really get their games in good shape.

ya, that is why i'm waiting for it to go on sale before i buy my own copy.

if this "6+ months" stretches into 2 years i don't have to buy it at all.
if the game's player based dies off before Relic can fix everything .. again.. i don't have to buy the game.

I don't get all the people complaining about lag and drops. The only time it is an issue is when playing against people in team games who have their settings cranked too high for their own good or have spotty internet connnection.

you're just acknowledging what people are saying. in a 2v2 the probability of 1 of the 4 having problems is higher than in a 1v1.

28 Aug 2013, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 04:19 AMNullist

Is that another way of saying

"I don't want to live on this planet?" XD
28 Aug 2013, 12:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 11:40 AMhubewa

Is that another way of saying

"I don't want to live on this planet?" XD

A better way.
28 Aug 2013, 12:21 PM

Nullist was quite justified in his response though, that shifty guy was a tremendous idiot, ranting about shit he didnt even care to try out himself first.
28 Aug 2013, 13:50 PM
Donator 11

It can't just be internet and settings. I've played with clan members for the last 5 years or so and know how stable our internet is and the powerful machines they are running. We play 5-6 games no problem and then the next one one of us drops (prompting the usual irritating comments from our opponents like "jeez upgrade your machine". Most recently I had this shortly after the in game "connection problem" light showing for a while before turning off (though it was my buddy that dropped). We had several problems that night but none the next suggesting the Relics/steams servers have some influence on this. Frequently a steam restart cures a players inability to connect to a game in the lobby too.

The issue is not so frequent as to drive me away, Im too much of a fan for that, you just have to be prepared to surrender and take a loss (not so bad without ranks) so you can restart with your friend and not an AI
28 Aug 2013, 18:46 PM

Its some peoples exactly that kind of blind belief in something you havent even checked into that led to and enabled Goebbels propaganda success.

Its like saying: "I never met a jew, but some random guy is telling me they are terrible people, so it must be true".

The irony of your attitude is the only thing ludicrous here. You are like history repeating itself.

SIGNED!
28 Aug 2013, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 13:50 PMArray

It can't just be internet and settings. I've played with clan members for the last 5 years or so and know how stable our internet is and the powerful machines they are running. We play 5-6 games no problem and then the next one one of us drops (prompting the usual irritating comments from our opponents like "jeez upgrade your machine". Most recently I had this shortly after the in game "connection problem" light showing for a while before turning off (though it was my buddy that dropped). We had several problems that night but none the next suggesting the Relics/steams servers have some influence on this. Frequently a steam restart cures a players inability to connect to a game in the lobby too.

The issue is not so frequent as to drive me away, Im too much of a fan for that, you just have to be prepared to surrender and take a loss (not so bad without ranks) so you can restart with your friend and not an AI

Well, after having said that, played some 2v2 last night and got the "disconnected from server" message and was booted out of 2 games. I think others have been experiencing this too - not sure if it is Steam or Relic servers hiccups. This is a recent problem as far as I can gather and isn't related to the game per se.
28 Aug 2013, 21:38 PM

I thought the patches and hype would help the game... Apparently it isn't. I still have lots of trouble finding games and when I do its basically the same players who play all the time. (Sib,Hans, Cata, Stephf, SageofSix) And I don't see much of Stephhf anymore.
28 Aug 2013, 22:31 PM

People really need to stop trying to pour honey on shit and saying it's dessert.

Admit it. The Peer 2 Peer system is a gigantic piece of shit. Accept that fact. It causes huge amounts of problems. It's massively detrimental to team games. How do I know this? I experience it. Also, common sense and knowledge of how it works.

"Well that's just your connection hurr hurr"

Well, no shit sherlock it's my connection. My connection wouldn't be 1/10 as big a deal if I wasn't using Peer 2 Peer and didn't have to make like 7 simultaneous connections while crossing fingers that all the rest of them have no issue with eachother either. And it's not even my actual connection, it's my location. I can play on really shitty internet because all the connection is doing is sending me simulation information. My ping to other people matters 10x more. So does my packet loss. If I'm off in Europe and playing with someone in America, gl getting a game that doesn't lag horribly.

I see other people experience it too. They have good connections but are in games with people who have bad connections. What do you make of that?

P2P is a really shitty system. Modern RTS games have evolved past this point for a reason. Just accept that it's a giant piece of shit.

We all know why it was done. More than likely due to time constraints and because it saved money. Just accept that quality was sacrificed for profits. Relic's a business, it's not a difficult concept to grasp.
28 Aug 2013, 23:10 PM

you guys are both off base on the issue and you both are derailing the thread.
Sega apologized for any hurt the campaign caused and it was a smart move by them.

The last thing the publisher of a GAME wants is to spark heated debates about the precise details of a war atrocity. Which is why the entire jewish holocaust is never fully addressed throughout all of CoH1 and CoH2.

Look for an edition of CoH2 with no campaign in it to address the concerns brought up in the past.
29 Aug 2013, 00:19 AM

you guys are both off base on the issue and you both are derailing the thread.
Sega apologized for any hurt the campaign caused and it was a smart move by them.

The last thing the publisher of a GAME wants is to spark heated debates about the precise details of a war atrocity. Which is why the entire jewish holocaust is never fully addressed throughout all of CoH1 and CoH2.

Look for an edition of CoH2 with no campaign in it to address the concerns brought up in the past.

Nah, fuck that. People who own the game and refuse to even try the campaign and yet sit there and try to judge it? That's the definition of dumbass. No excuses. I don't even feel CoH2's representation of the Soviet's was grotesque. I know games typically ignore war crimes committed by America so it may seem there's a double standard but it's neither here nor there because Shifty didn't even play the single, so his opinion is 100% irrelevant.

29 Aug 2013, 01:28 AM

I don't get all the people complaining about lag and drops. The only time it is an issue is when playing against people in team games who have their settings cranked too high for their own good or have spotty internet connnection.

You don't get why people who play against people in team games complain about lag and drops? Like you rightly said, it only becomes issue if playing vs people in team games who have their settings cranked too high for their own good or have spotty internet connection.

I have thought long and hard about this conundrum and I just can't pinpoint where these peoples issue may lie.

Its a real brain teaser. probably never to be solved
:crazy: :loco:
22 Sep 2013, 12:17 PM

Well CoH2 has a lot of flaws to be perfect successor of CoH, Yet it is still not bad game and I still trust relic that this game will grow on features post-launch... even if Will need to buy another expansion to get this features, what I would surely do (but not be really happy about that).

In my case I didn't play the game for the last 2 months not because CoH2 sucks, but because I didn't really play games when I had free time during summer, There is a lot better things to do during summer than play games... or just had to work :P.

CoH 2 aren't dead... It's just born :).
23 Sep 2013, 05:48 AM

In contrast, I can play Wargame that has dedicated servers with 20 players a match, experience no deabilitating lag or command delay, and enjoy a smooth experience even if the gameplay isn't as great.

Which is exactly what I've been doing.

See, this is the internet. On the internet people have great connections, people have bad connections, people with good and bad connections connect to eachother all around the world. When you have a P2P system in a situation with more than two people, it falls flat in a game where reaction time is paramount. It. Falls. Flat.

If I'm being told "Well don't play with people from other countries and also don't play more than 1v1 and you're fine!", well, I wish I was told that on the Steam page before I bought the game.

This.

Look Relic I'm still playing but it's almost impossible to micro a scout car or a clown car perfectly because of the lag.

Dedicated servers isn't anything unusual these days, you need to spend money to earn money, ya know?

If you piss people off completely by being greedy well then you'll have threads like this..

I'm on a 100/100 mbit fiber line and I know damn well I don't have any other applications running in the background. I'm using a new Haswell machine with a Nvidia Titan graphics card and even I get kicked from games from time to time because it says I'm lagging.

How on earth could I ever be lagging when I can pretty much ping a japanese website and get 230ms pings? I'm from central Europe btw. It's definitely not a problem on my end.

Often I feel it's a third party who's lagging and for some reason I end up getting the blame.

Lag is a thing of the past now that we're living in 2013, except in COH2, that's lags last bastion.

I can fully understand that there's alot going on behind the scenes in COH2 that can make the game lag but you need to understand that people love the game, they really love it but lag is killing the game. You need dedicated servers and this isn't anything new, you knew that back in vCOH.

The only time people take time to complain about something ingame is when it's lagging. It's always OMG LAG, OMG WTF BBQ LAG STOP LAG AMAGADDDDDD. etc.

I know it's not a quick fix but it should be the number 1 priority.

PAGES (11)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS