Login

russian armor

Too many players left...

PAGES (11)down
19 Aug 2013, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2013, 20:47 PMboc120
Why in the world is the ladder situation a grim one? There are ladders. Quite frankly, I would rather have the elite competitive community here run them than Relic.

Then you're a fool.

You'd rather an unprofessional third party run something that's integral to the game's development rather than a professional development team that is paid to do these things?

The Ladder situation is grim because Relic was forced to go to an unprofessional third party to provide a key service. That is massive no-no for developer credibility.

The Ladders are for coh2.org and nobody else. Unless you go to coh2.org, you know nothing about them. If you're banned from coh2.org, you are not going to be able to use them. If you do not like coh2.org, you are forced to come here to use the Ladder.

That is a really shitty situation to put your playerbase in. Many people don't like this website. Quite a few people that play coh2 are IP Banned from this website. So what you now have is an unprofessional third party in charge of a key feature for a game, hosted outside the game, with the ability to ban people from using this key feature, totally outside Relic's authority.

Also, the majority of people are not even aware it exists.

When you are forced to do what Relic has done, that's pretty unprofessional. Relic has no interface for a Ladder. They don't have a button in game for a ladder that redirects you to coh2.org's limited one(Limited in the time I had to wait to see a ladder, that is. In its own right the Ladder is awesome for coh2.org). They don't have a ladder in their game.

You're really dumb if you think a player community of any sort is more qualified to run game features than a developer.

If you cannot see the issues that are inherent with what I've just stated, then think a bit more. If you still can't think again. If you still can't, then, well, there's no point talking to somebody who doesn't the capacity to break down a problem into smaller components, because it'd be like talking to a three year old.
19 Aug 2013, 11:57 AM

Yeah. While I like the ladders here, I'd love to have a Steam or ingame ladder as well.
19 Aug 2013, 12:18 PM
Patrion 26

Soon Relic will change their company name to Reborn..... And everything will be fixed
19 Aug 2013, 12:48 PM

Cyridius, I am supremely unconcerned about the people who are banned from coh2.org, as they are banned for good reasons. I will not get into the CoHExperts situation here, but those people, even of their clan, who are constructive aren't banned.

The people who *are* the competitive scene operate here. IpKaiFung, WiFiDi, Ami, Fatal are the very progenitors of the tournaments. (Except for the ESL, but the tourneys here have better prizes and a larger player pool)

I don't think the fabled Relic leaderboards were ever going to be what you are imagining. They are/were going to be Steam Leaderboards, and the reason they haven't been completed is because they were being produced by, get this, a *third party*. There may well be a link from the game to whatever they end up making, but CoH1 style ladders ingame are/were never going to happen.

As a side note, your name calling doesn't make your argument more correct Cyridius.
19 Aug 2013, 13:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Maybe they should tell us who the third party is, so we can go yell at them instead.
19 Aug 2013, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2013, 12:48 PMboc120
Cyridius, I am supremely unconcerned about the people who are banned from coh2.org, as they are banned for good reasons.

Good reasons decided by who?

Player's attitudes do not decide what features they do and do not get access to. Relic doesn't lock you out of MP saying "Sorry, we don't let assholes play Multiplayer".

The reasons are decided by a third party that is not Relic, yet Relic is depending on these people to provide features for their game. That's a problem.
19 Aug 2013, 14:38 PM

I guess you *did* miss the whole CoHExperts thing Cyridius. Relic *did* ban a couple of their group from the actual game for the exact reason that they were being assholes, both in-game and out, to other players. I don't believe that the bans were permanent, but they still definitely happened. It is no different than when people are being consistently unconstructive here, that they are banned.

The elite competitive community (read CoH2.org) is the one helping to balance the game. (Hans and others are suggesting and helping to test balance changes for the upcoming patch) Even without being paid, they have proven much more reliable and useful in creating ladders than Relic's contracted, paid company did.
20 Aug 2013, 12:28 PM

I guess you *did* miss the whole CoHExperts thing Cyridius. Relic *did* ban a couple of their group from the actual game for the exact reason that they were being assholes, both in-game and out, to other players.

RELIC banned these people. Not coh2.org admins.

The elite competitive community (read CoH2.org) is the one helping to balance the game. (Hans and others are suggesting and helping to test balance changes for the upcoming patch) Even without being paid, they have proven much more reliable and useful in creating ladders than Relic's contracted, paid company did.

So? Are they being paid? No? Then they're unreliable and unprofessional. If you're really incapable of seeing why it's a problem then I can only question your ability to think.

20 Aug 2013, 13:03 PM
Benefactor 115

Passionate volunteers can do some amazing work and on the other hand people who are paid can be unreliable and unprofessional too.

Your point isn't as clear cut as you make it sound, stop being a wasteman and shitting on the efforts of the coders on this site.
20 Aug 2013, 14:35 PM

Are you shitting me IKF? I've made it abundantly clear that they've done a good job. If you can't read don't comment.
20 Aug 2013, 14:38 PM

I wasn't aware you needed to be a member of coh2.org to utilize the ladder tools for your own benefit. So I don't understand how being banned from this site would affect your ability to view them in anyway.
20 Aug 2013, 14:44 PM

Are you shitting me IKF? I've made it abundantly clear that they've done a good job. If you can't read don't comment.

you're obviously not practicing what you preach.
20 Aug 2013, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2013, 14:38 PMHissy
I wasn't aware you needed to be a member of coh2.org to utilize the ladder tools for your own benefit. So I don't understand how being banned from this site would affect your ability to view them in anyway.

I may not have been clear;

You don't need to have an account registered on this website. A banned person cannot see it as they are IP Banned therefore cannot get access to the coh2.org domain

you're obviously not practicing what you preach.

I read everything I respond to.
20 Aug 2013, 15:21 PM

I may not have been clear;

You don't need to have an account registered on this website. A banned person cannot see it as they are IP Banned therefore cannot get access to the coh2.org domain

You need to relearn what professional means: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/professional

Clearly coh2.org and the other assorted players fall under at least one of these definitions if not a few.
20 Aug 2013, 16:36 PM

They meet none of those in this context.
20 Aug 2013, 16:57 PM

Relic tells this cock and bull story about how the leader boards did not get completed.

Did they actually pay Steam/Valve to create them?

I suspect they did not. Otherwise, Relic would be far more clear in their communications with the fans regarding this matter.

It's great that CoH2.org stepped up to fill the void. But, Relic loses more and more credibility the more they rely on volunteers.

The credibility is lost due to the $60 they are charging for the game.

good job by CoH2.org
poor job by Relic.
20 Aug 2013, 17:31 PM

To the people saying you cant compare CoH2 in its current form to Coh1 after 7 years: fair enough.

However(!), these same people seem to forget CoH1 was HYPE when it was released. It was all over the media, everybody was looking forward to it. It was, without a doubt, a triple A title.

Now is CoH2 a triple A title as well? Hardly, most people I know didnt even know it was getting released.

This results in a much smaller playerbase.
20 Aug 2013, 18:13 PM

okay... i'm going to be open and blunt here, because you were too.

you obviously have 0 clue what you are talking about. you call almost everybody participating in this thread "stupid", "idiot" or whatever, yet you talk about "IP bans" and stuff (which you again, have absolutely no idiot about) and make it out to seem like half of the coh2 community is banned from this site. they are not. you are an idiot for implying it. you are an idiot for even MENTIONING IP bans, which, quite frankly, are the worst form of bans in pretty much every respect. the few arguments you even care to grab up from others (and don't call stupid outright) you nitpick about. you don't know what "professional" means (at this point i'm sad there is no superlative for idiot).

i'm gonna quote you here, and expand a bit on it: if you don't read the posts, don't post. if you didn't understand the posts, don't post. if you have nothing else but insults to say, don't post. if you are only posting out of spite, don't post.

20 Aug 2013, 18:36 PM
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 20 Aug 2013, 18:54 PM

Just to be clear we are very happy with the performance of CoH 2 so far. It's tracking very well against the sales of our other games, including DoW II and the original CoH. Some of that's made the news: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/31/sega-financials-rise-on-positive-company-of-heroes-2-sales

We have a long term plan to support the game and will continue to roll out new features. For example today we're adding map veto. We have an aggressive support plan in place that will see new content dropping regularly, much of it for free. We are in an exceptionally good place with a publisher who understands both what we want to do and the PC gaming market.

People will come and go as the game grows and changes. A lot of people just buy games for the single player experience, and after a few months will have finished up the campaign and other missions only to return when more of that stuff comes is released. Others, like most of you, only really play for multiplayer and so will stay on constantly as long as you're having fun.

Whether or not you're having fun is up to you, and we're eager for all the feedback we can get about why you may or may not be having fun. That helps us improve the game and we definitely appreciate it.

But the rumors of CoH 2's death are greatly exaggerated.

As for leaderboards we're very thankful for the hard work that COH2.ORG put into the ladders here. We will have Steam Leaderboards, which are being built by a third party who has been much slower than they should be.

If you think about who might be the non-Relic company responsible for Steam Leaderboards you may guess who it is. For whatever reason they promised us Leaderboards at launch and have so far failed to provide them.

We're sorry about that, and for now it's beyond our control. However it did prompt us to work with COH2.ORG to provide something in the meantime and I think these ones are probably cooler.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %