Login

russian armor

Why keep crap maps on 4v4?

3 Jan 2018, 13:05 PM

Permanently Banned
4v4 is for 4 players, on team, soo why keep crap maps like lorch assault and lanzerath ambush?

Vielsalm, la gleize and general mud is the same thing.

Like 2v2 2v2 or 3v1 3v1. Crap maps.

Yeat dont have many vetoes, if i wanna just redball or port hamburg let me veto all and keep only this 2, if i wait 30 minutes is my problem! But 3 vetoes having 5~6 crap maps is boring!
3 Jan 2018, 13:35 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2018, 13:05 PMBravus

Yeat dont have many vetoes, if i wanna just redball or port hamburg let me veto all and keep only this 2, if i wait 30 minutes is my problem! But 3 vetoes having 5~6 crap maps is boring!

SO i guess you want to play campcity.

Maybe go custom games then? There is a map calls Sittard Summer. You will LOVE IT!

Schelde or Hochwaldbresche 2.0
3 Jan 2018, 16:38 PM

This post strongly reaffirms what I was saying in another post.

COH2 needs a way to have more maps that are not player vs player oriented. It needs some sort of Custom games automatch. Where the scores do not count but it lets players play more "FUN" oriented maps. There are a lot of players that just want to relax and make giant armies and watch stuff blow up.

FACTS:
1) There is no way to learn this game from within the game. Cover, Weapons, RNG, garrisons etc are not covered anywhere in the game.
2) Maps are too open to learn from playing AI bots that flank you all the time.
3) Maps are too big and open for head-on meat grinder matches against people. Except Redball and Port of Hamburg :)

As I said before Helping Hans was a casual at one point. Now he is one of the best players. How many other players has COH2 lost due to the steep undocumented learning curve. MGs and mortar do not need a manual to use. They let people get their feet wet and gradually learn while having fun.
3 Jan 2018, 17:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Am i the only one who thinks that only Vielsam, from the above named maps, sucks big time?

3 Jan 2018, 18:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This post strongly reaffirms what I was saying in another post.

COH2 needs a way to have more maps that are not player vs player oriented. It needs some sort of Custom games automatch. Where the scores do not count but it lets players play more "FUN" oriented maps. There are a lot of players that just want to relax and make giant armies and watch stuff blow up.

The point of Customs Games is that players can set up their own matches with each other, and against each other. The various rooms exist for that purpose. I think if you extend that to wanting automatched matches, i.e. between AT teams and random teams, then it should stay in automatch.

FACTS:
1) There is no way to learn this game from within the game. Cover, Weapons, RNG, garrisons etc are not covered anywhere in the game.
2) Maps are too open to learn from playing AI bots that flank you all the time.
3) Maps are too big and open for head-on meat grinder matches against people. Except Redball and Port of Hamburg :)

That may be a little harsh? Relic deliberately set out to design COH2 to be more user-friendly for the casual player and therefore by definition, less e-sports oriented. e.g. the 'come-back' mechanic

As I said before Helping Hans was a casual at one point. Now he is one of the best players. How many other players has COH2 lost due to the steep undocumented learning curve. MGs and mortar do not need a manual to use. They let people get their feet wet and gradually learn while having fun.

In fairness to Hans, he was never casual in COH1 or COH2. He may have had to endure the steep learning curve as a new player from Dawn of War, but that was for him in COH1. I watched Imperial Dane nurture Hans in Dane's early casts, when he also brought on players like Andy is Rippin; I watched Hans practising to join the Reborn. Hans was never casual, but it took him until last year (2016) to ascend the peaks. And fair dos to Hans for keeping on with it. But it does take determination.

Now, onto your other point: COH RTS has always been a steep learning curve.

Relic tried to ameliorate that in COH 2 with the 'come=back' mechanic. I think it was wrong, but that is only my opinion. Relic set out in their tutorials to make COH2 easier to grasp.

Having said that, I think it takes a new player who is unfamiliar with COH RTS to require at least 100 hours in-game in automatch, in order to become reasonably proficient. And I don't see how you can really reduce that time below 100 hrs. To get acquainted with retreating = squad preservation, or to understand that cover means a lot, and to learn the various commanders and their abilities, as well as the maps: it is arguable that the sheer choice in COH2 makes it as hard to master as COH1.

The problem is that the average player only spends 10 hrs, if that, on a game. That is the bleed which I suspect limits RTS as a popular game and makes it impossible for Relic to break through the glass ceiling, in order to provide a game attractive to a mass audience.

StarCraft was clicks per minute on simple maps, sponsored by South Korea. Relic has always wanted asymetrical maps and asymetrical armies, which is part of its attraction for RTS players. COH2 was more micro orientated (CPM), but although Vancouver was prepared to sponsor the games industry and subsidise Relic, it did not have the single mindedness of South Korea to push the game onto a worldwide stage, and Relic did not compromise on its ambition in COH2 to reach out for the casual user. viz the OP Commanders like Tiger Ace. Arguably, ultimately, both sides competing within Relic lost out: CoH2 could not be an e-sport and neither could/did it satisfy the ultimate casual user, who wanted an easy game to learn.
3 Jan 2018, 21:59 PM

Custom games has a few issues. Someone has to make a custom game and pray that someone joins in to play. Most people will not join. You also need the custom map the server is using. And many custom games are running mods. A whole other level of difficulty.

I am suggesting adding more AI style in-game maps for new players. And add them as a seperate automatch section to make it faster/easier to get matches. Keeping stats may be much harder for everyone involved to implement. Relic/Steam/Coh2.org etc would have to change the way they show/store stats etc. Best case would be a hidden ELO stored on the Relic server for matchmaking. Once you hit a certain level it could be an achievement. The game congratulates you and suggests you move up to real automatch and immediately puts you against Luvnest.

The maps could almost be all 4v4 based maps that could be played as 2v2 if selected (Ettlebruck station). Narrow maps with lots of bridges and neck down points.

My point is to widen the playerbase. Let them make MGs and mortars and gradually learn the harder undocumented stuff.
4 Jan 2018, 18:17 PM

My problem is, it´s always the same maps the game picks.
Jesus.
I had lienne map 4 times in a row.
Then i veto it and i get hamburg 4 times
4 Jan 2018, 18:38 PM

My problem is, it´s always the same maps the game picks.
Jesus.
I had lienne map 4 times in a row.
Then i veto it and i get hamburg 4 times

Better than getting Lorch Assault 4 times in a row :foreveralone:

1) Is this because everyone has vetoed the other maps?
2) You selected Hamburg in your list telling COH2 thats what you want to play?
3) Seems like during calibration it sticks you on the same map in the same place multiple times on purpose?
4 Jan 2018, 19:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Guys, thats nothing.

In the past i had 10 games steppe in a row as allies xD

After that you want to delete coh2 :P
4 Jan 2018, 21:08 PM

delete coh2 :P

:clap: I get it!
8 Jan 2018, 13:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Coh2 maps are a real ugly design, will prey for GOD, DEVIL, aliens and the whole UNIVERSE togheter for maybe COH3 dont have $hit map's!!!

And dont mention the times that only one map come to game, always, its a new bug?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★